F1 2012 f1 2012 braking:pad versus wheel

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok, just left f1 2011 a month or so ago. Got to a pretty decent standard.

On f1 2012, starting all over again. All my settings feel fine but the braking for me seems noticeably ineffective compared to rfactor, rfactor 2 and a million miles weaker than f1 2011. Don't get me wrong, braking distances in f1 2011 seemed ridiculously short and i hoped to brake to apex like hamilton and co.

However, trail braking is hard as you just get understeer with more than a tiny bit of braking.
In a straight line, if i slam on the brakes, they take about 2 seconds to slow and lock and distances are still long.
i've tried rear bias and front bias but still, no "bite" when braking in a straight line and difficult trail braking.
I then adjusted brake saturation to 10%. this results in lock earlier but still doesn't feel right.

I notice that pad users seem quite happy with this game. Are you a pad user? Do you use progressive pressure on the pad or just slam the button? are you a wheel user? do you brake to full and ease off before lock or just press brake part down and what brake saturation do you use?

Lots of questions but if you can answer any, i think it may help my enjoyment as the rest of the game feels quite good and after all, its' F1 :thumbsup:

Got the fanatec elite pedals. So its loadcell braking. For me this is more easy, i dont know its get a better result, it feels better and thats whats count to me.
The pedal knob is set to max.
Abs setting to 98% on the wheel. So i can feel its vibrating feedback on the wheel when you close to max and lockup braking.
I hope that i can program myself to learn ease off the brake when i feel this, and eventualy turns out i do this naturaly without thinking.
I got to admit i find that i concentrate more on braking then 2011. Because its less unforgiving when taking a corner with to much speed.

And i gotta agree that i miss the feeling of the brakes bite. First slow braking, then lockup, result; long distance. Maybe more tweaking, maybe the game's physics. Maybe more practice. Maybe I gotta turn on ABS. :)

i seem to have most success when i brake and release just before lock up...then turn the wheel quickly.

I tried with the dynamic racing line and my braking distances are longer then the braking zone on that. i'm usually a "good" level but if there is one things this game has highlighted, it's that most time i lose is down to braking.:mad:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 225 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.2%