F1 2011 F1 2011 will not uninstall

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am having some trouble uninstalling the game, originally i had the game installed on to my external hard drive, however there was a problem with my external which made me have to format it, so it removed the game, now it is still showing in my installed programs in the control panel, and when ever i put the disc in, it only lets me either uninstall or play, and it will not let me do either of those things,

Many thanks
Mikey

Yeah you need to make the installer think that program has been uninstalled.

There are all sort of registry cleaner software packages around, but I am not a great lover of these, as sometimes they can do more harm than good if the wrong stuff gets 'cleaned'. Some of them can just tweak the the add/remove programs list also.

It may be worth trying the official Microsoft tool first. This tools is for Windows based PC's.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/

Personally I would edit the Windows registry directly. Searching the registry for any relevent keys associated with Codemasters or F1 2011. I am comfortable doing this, and temporarily backup the keys I am deleting first, just in case I make an error. This way I can re-import the keys into the registry if required.

I wouldn't recommend doing this if you don't really know what you are doing ....

EDIT: It look like the tool I link to above, is the same one as used in the thread below, but have a read of it for further info :-

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86721-programs-features-remove-uninstall-entry.html

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%