F1 2011 F1 2011 Time Trials - Summer 2012!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the imminent release of F1 2012 it's time to turn your engines on for real once more. No more playing around and fighting the AI, it's time to get back on track and put the pedal to the metal. We have thus revived the time trials.

Another track. Another car. A new challenge every 5 days.

Fixed car, fixed track & fixed conditions in TIME TRIAL mode. Once you're done, please post your time & a screenshot in here and update your post in case you improve your lap time. Please do not make another post!

Please keep in mind that we might ask you to provide proof of your lap time, so recording your lap (not the replay) would be best. You can do so by either using Fraps or DXTory. You're free to compete if you're playing on consoles as well but please keep in mind that you'll still have to record your lap.

August 21st: McLaren Mercedes @ Interlagos, Brazil in dry conditions.​
August 27th: Ferrari @ Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium in wet conditions​
September 1st: Lotus-Renault @ Suzuka, Japan in dry conditions​
September 6th: Red Bull-Renault @ Melbourne, Australia in dry conditions​
September 14th: Sahara Force India @ New Delhi, India in dry conditions​
Please do not post off-topic stuff in here.​

McLaren @ Interlagos (DRY)
Oli Peacock - 1:05.763​
motion_blur - 1:05.818​
AlecJB - 1:06.532​
Ferrari @ Spa-Francorchamps (WET)
Kristian Nenov - 1:47.230​
Robert Eady - 1.48.049​
AlecJB - 1:48.396​
Ralf Huisman - 1:50.999​
Lotus @ Suzuka (DRY)
Kristian Nenov - 1:26.938​
AlecJB - 1:28.486​
Red Bull @ Australia (DRY)
Kristian Nenov - 1:19.439​
David E. Richards - 1:20.214​

j836hl.jpg

Hey Tom, do you know of any other good recording programs that are free? Because i've tried Fraps, but it only lets me record 30 seconds, coz i dont want to buy it, and i tried DXTory and it's video quality was terrible..

I could try uploading from my Ipad, however it will be off screen.

Hey Tom, do you know of any other good recording programs that are free? Because i've tried Fraps, but it only lets me record 30 seconds, coz i dont want to buy it, and i tried DXTory and it's video quality was terrible..

I could try uploading from my Ipad, however it will be off screen.

MSI Afterburner can record videos but I'm not sure if it's going to work without having an MSI graphics card installed. :)

MSI Afterburner can record videos but I'm not sure if it's going to work without having an MSI graphics card installed. :)

I have used MSI Afterburner before with an EVGA graphics card no problem. While I usually use FRAPS, this program is great as it is much less taxing on system resources while recording. There are also lots more options for you to choose in regards to video quality, for example you can choose higher video compression which means the quality is not quite as good as the original footage, but the filesize is much much smaller - on the other hand you can also push everything for max quality at the expense of massive file size, but even then it doesn't tax the system too much I found.

You will want to edit the footage once you have "shot" it to a. reduce file size again and b. crop it down to only show what you want to be seen (eg. the hotlap).

Windows Live Movie Maker is a good simple editing tool - but I do usually find the colours change after rendering the finished video. If you can get your hands on Sony Vegas - that is an excellent tool for editing clips however there are lots of buttons so it will take a little bit of playing around to work out what to do.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Tom
I have used MSI Afterburner before with an EVGA graphics card no problem. While I usually use FRAPS, this program is great as it is much less taxing on system resources while recording. There are also lots more options for you to choose in regards to video quality, for example you can choose higher video compression which means the quality is not quite as good as the original footage, but the filesize is much much smaller - on the other hand you can also push everything for max quality at the expense of massive file size, but even then it doesn't tax the system too much I found.

You will want to edit the footage once you have "shot" it to a. reduce file size again and b. crop it down to only show what you want to be seen (eg. the hotlap).

Windows Live Movie Maker is a good simple editing tool - but I do usually find the colours change after rendering the finished video. If you can get your hands on Sony Vegas - that is an excellent tool for editing clips however there are lots of buttons so it will take a little bit of playing around to work out what to do.

Hope this helps!

I have to admit, Fraps is causing trouble to me as well. Often files are in excess of 70GB and some games tend to drop to 1-2 FPS when they do. I have no idea why, sadly.

I recommend MSI Afterburner too. The screen and video capture work on any machine and graphics card, it impacts game performance less than FRAPS, gives you more control over resolution, quality etc., records with smaller file sizes than FRAPS at even the highest quality settings, still gives close to lossless recording quality (which will be reduced on uploading anyway) and is completely free :)

With my ATI HD6870 I can record at 1080p 30fps with 90% quality (mjpg compression) and the game runs at above 50fps all the time, miles better than with FRAPS.

Anyway, I'm going to try the time trial now (I could only manage 1.05.9 at Brazil), sorry for the off-topic ;)

Update: Spent half an hour or so messing up in the wet at Spa :D But got down to a 1.48.049 - video:

Here's my first try at Spa. It's 3 AM so it's not my best but I don't have any energy left to try and improve it but low 47's are definitely possible.

Also, can I make a lap at Brazil and put it here because I didn't have video card back then? :D

UPDATE: Today I did a few more laps, but my first one was the best. :D 46's are definitely possible. With a bad sector 2 and 1 corner from sector 3 I could still get into low 47's so.. if I wasn't so lazy I could try a 46. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%