F1 2011 F1 2011 Time Trials - Summer 2012!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the imminent release of F1 2012 it's time to turn your engines on for real once more. No more playing around and fighting the AI, it's time to get back on track and put the pedal to the metal. We have thus revived the time trials.

Another track. Another car. A new challenge every 5 days.

Fixed car, fixed track & fixed conditions in TIME TRIAL mode. Once you're done, please post your time & a screenshot in here and update your post in case you improve your lap time. Please do not make another post!

Please keep in mind that we might ask you to provide proof of your lap time, so recording your lap (not the replay) would be best. You can do so by either using Fraps or DXTory. You're free to compete if you're playing on consoles as well but please keep in mind that you'll still have to record your lap.

August 21st: McLaren Mercedes @ Interlagos, Brazil in dry conditions.​
August 27th: Ferrari @ Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium in wet conditions​
September 1st: Lotus-Renault @ Suzuka, Japan in dry conditions​
September 6th: Red Bull-Renault @ Melbourne, Australia in dry conditions​
September 14th: Sahara Force India @ New Delhi, India in dry conditions​
Please do not post off-topic stuff in here.​

1:48.396

I would have added this to my previous Spa results post but I seem to be unable to edit posts any more...

EDIT: It appears that there is a time threshold in order to be able to edit posts - once you go past that threshold you are unable to edit them any more. For example I only posted this message a few moments ago and the Edit link is visible, yet on my posts made earlier this week (Thursday) the Edit button is unavailable.

1:48.396

I would have added this to my previous Spa results post but I seem to be unable to edit posts any more...

EDIT: It appears that there is a time threshold in order to be able to edit posts - once you go past that threshold you are unable to edit them any more. For example I only posted this message a few moments ago and the Edit link is visible, yet on my posts made earlier this week (Thursday) the Edit button is unavailable.

I hope AlecJB doesn't mean Alec Justin Bieber :roflmao: And nice, you're close to 2nd place! :D

From my first night of attempts at Spa:

Notes: really struggled to get sub-1:51 in cockpit view, ended up 'cheating' ;) and using T-bar camera to get 1:50.7. So much easier in t-bar view to hit apexes and see when the backend is beginning to slide...

I took a bit of a cheeky line through Eau Rouge in this video, I might revisit this challenge and get my line right through there just for my own satisfaction (from earlier attempts that evening, I didn't see that particular line as giving any obvious time advantage.)

1:49.987
Finally broke into the sub one minute fifty second mark but still plenty of room for improvement. :)
Crazy fast driving! Mad use of the kerbs... Any ABS or TC?

Hmm..

And this should be with all assists off.

I think AlecJB is indeed using no assists, I was just so amazed that his car was sticking through some of the corners. In his 1:48 video he's incredibly aggressive around Malmedy, Bruxelles and Pouhon - he obviously has the perfect setup because his faith that the car will stick is incredible. It's great fun to watch, also interesting seeing how he plays with the throttle and rides the limiter through Pouhon with two quick downshifts (surely that would break the gearbox in real life? ;)) to induce engine braking and make the apex.

What I've learned from tonight's viewing is that I'm apparently not an aggressive enough driver in the wet... :D I'd be very interested to share setups and see what we're all using.

I think AlecJB is indeed using no assists, I was just so amazed that his car was sticking through some of the corners. In his 1:48 video he's incredibly aggressive around Malmedy, Bruxelles and Pouhon - he obviously has the perfect setup because his faith that the car will stick is incredible. It's great fun to watch, also interesting seeing how he plays with the throttle and rides the limiter through Pouhon with two quick downshifts (surely that would break the gearbox in real life? ;)) to induce engine braking and make the apex.

What I've learned from tonight's viewing is that I'm apparently not an aggressive enough driver in the wet... :D I'd be very interested to share setups and see what we're all using.

Well in the 1.47.2 lap I was using:

6/11 wings
low pressure on brakes/large size/ 50:50
1/11 anti roll bars
1/1/11/11 suspension
gearbox: I think it was 3 times to the left on all gears
alignment: first two all the way to the left / second two all the way to the right

Ferrari is oversteering a lot. That's why I use so low front wing. Usually in the rain I'm with 8/11 or 9/11, but the Ferrari just sucks. :)

Crazy fast driving! Mad use of the kerbs... Any ABS or TC?

Hi Christopher,

All assists were indeed off for these time trials. Thanks for your kind words - in those laps I posted videos of on here I was indeed very switched "on", and most likely experiencing the effects of adrenaline coursing through my veins. Some turns indeed I had some "fun" with, balancing out throttle application with kerb usage, worked quite well - was great fun to do at least. Never beat the master of the Spa challenge - Kristian Nenov though so he deserves the most respect! :D

Yep setup has a big big impact on how I could handle the car, it took a lot of fiddling for me to tweak it so the back end was not so unstable that it would step out on me out when taking a corner at high speed with moderate steering lock (Rivage and Pouhon mostly) and still be able to respond well to inputs. I tried high downforce and low downforce setups, I believe my fastest time setups were actually low downforce setups, which meant much greater speeds in S1 and S3, and in S2 I had to take the corners a bit more gently.

I will try and get my setup and post it on here for you soon.

Cheers!

Alec

... Next up: Lotus-Renault, big in Japan! :)

1:28.486:

On my 9th lap I managed to knock out a fairly decent time. The setup is good, gives me plenty of confidence in the car - I just need more track time now really to tidy it up a bit - 1:27.xxx is definitely possible.

BTW - set up a new youtube account called F1Alec, this will be the home of all my future F1 2011 and indeed other sim related videos. :)

Spa Wet Setup, as promised. :)

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing Angle: 8
Rear Wing Angle: 9
Braking:Balance: 49% Front 51% Rear
Pressure: Medium
Braze Size: Standard
Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 8
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 8
Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 3
Rear Ride Height: 3
Front Spring Stiffness: 10
Rear Spring Stiffness: 10
Gearbox:Gear 1: 139KPH
Gear 2: 165KPH
Gear 3: 195KPH
Gear 4: 230KPH
Gear 5: 261KPH
Gear 6: 295KPH
Gear 7: 335KPH
Engine:Ignore, there are no settings to change in Time Trial mode!
Alignment:
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.20

I'm sorry, I'm a little late, but just did my first and only attempt. Could be a lot better, but I was on a hurry to post it. Didn't find time in the week to make a try. Sorry.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I just saw the video skips. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it, but it's only in 1 part of Sector 1. =/

Alright, so I was too busy yesterday - sorry for the delay. Because I messed up (time-wise) I'll count your lap in, Kristian. :)

Next up: let the home crowd cheer, Red Bull @ sunny Melbourne, Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back