F1 2011 F1 2011 The Game - Six new screenshots

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
After the F1 circus traveled the world to Australia, Asia, Canada and some European rounds the championship continues on British soil this weekend on Silverstone. The track will feel like home for the majority of the racing teams as they are mostly based in the UK.

Also based in the UK are game developers Codemasters and they have released six brand new screenshots of their upcoming simulator F1 2011 - The Game showing the cars in action on Silverstone, Shanghai and Spa-Francorchamps.

Find more information about this title in our brand new F1 2011 - The Game forums, which will be the community home again for spectacular online races, high quality setups and innovative mods!

Click the images to enlarge
F1_2011_WIP_Silverstone_2.jpg
F1_2011_WIP_Shanghai_7.jpg
F1_2011_WIP_Silverstone_3.jpg
F1_2011_WIP_Silverstone_1.jpg
F1_2011_WIP_Shanghai_6.jpg
F1_2011_WIP_Spa_1.jpg

Update:

TeamVVV already has a preview movie on Youtube, courtesy of Alan Boiston.

Every review I've read (admittedly I've read about 3) haven't mentioned anything about a physics update which is pretty worrying.I'm going to try it out but it'll have to be a significant improvement if I'm going to buy it. I dont want to make the 'Callan - Duke Nukem' blunder :cool: Pity to write a game off before it's released. It does look nice though.

All the wonderful bug fixes from the guys here at racedepartment, the utterly brilliant work of Team AI, the camera mods...all those things saved F1 2010. Codemasters have demonstrated a total willingness to abandon a game in lieu of fixing their bugs and balance issues. Do we really want to go through that pain all over again? Er...no thanks.

I dont know what to think about F1 2011. Looking at those vids brings me back to 2009 where i was so exited to look at these stunning F1 2010 vids...and the sheer disapointment when i played the game. CM is on the arcade path (also looking at Dirt3) and F1 2011 wont be different. Nah, i will pass this one and have my fun with the RR F1.

2011 will no doubt use the same physics and graphics engine as 2010 and be nothing more than a MOD made by Codies. I think it`ll be the 2012 game (if they continue) that will be worth looking forward to. Lets hope they dont get sucked in by the 'Make it drivable for the kids instead of Sim-ish' chain of thought.

gottalove the "sim" haters. Its a gameget over it people. Im glad thisis on the EGO 2.0 engine ...i dnt think it willneed that much skin modding unless our RDD team does HD liveries and circuit sponsors fixes and of course a better AI if this AI isnt good enuff. it looks more than promising looks great it seems to handle A LOT better than 2010. Performance isnt as slugish as 2010. 2010 for console is crap. of course I as a PC and console owner bought both to double dip in achievements and experience. good game so far. "sim" QQ people just stick to the old rfactor that can be run on sticks and rocks. so far Codemasters has delivered a great Dirt 3 and lets hope they get their act together on 2011 season. BTW. for AI career dont make the Redbulls superfast is just lame. We can see how much the kid sucks without his car blowing him air. Webber is still top notch :cool:

good to see that they seem to have removed the dull lighting filter that codmaster seem to like to use, for f1 2010, dirt and grid ect. looks bright and vibrant now.but hope the physics are improved and braking didstances are corrected. f1 2010 you had to brake about 3x sooner than in real life

I agree with Diego to some degree about sim snobbery. I've been a fan of racing games from the ZX Spectrum game Chequered Flag right the way through to current titles on the PC, 360 and PS3 formats which I own. One of the great things about RD is that console and PC racing games get listed side by side with very little 'sim snobbery' that goes on at other racing game sites. I keep referring to them as games because thats what they are, you could call them all simulators if it makes you feel any better because they all simulate racing in different ways.I mainly race iRacing which many regard as being the pinnacle of racing simulation on the PC but I also enjoy Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5. I bought F1 2010 on 360 and PC last year and plan on buying F1 2011. To me 2010 captured a lot of the atmosphere around an F1 race weekend that those other games like RACE, rFactor and iRacing missed because they focused totally on the actual race. I don't think F1 2010 was a bad game, I certainly don't regret buying like I have for instance netKar Pro.Games such as Forza and GT5 bring new players to racing games who may not want to jump right in at the deep end. I've seen people come to iRacing after playing Forza 3 and GT5. If we just catered for the 'sim snob' crowd who consider themselves 'hardcore' the community would dwindle and die in the end, this 'new blood' is what the genre needs and if games like F1 2011 help that then I'm all for it.

I agree with you kevin, i think that semi sim type games are good but what is annoying is when developers say they want to make a simulator that anyone can play, and then just make it fully arcade. why cant they just say that they are going to make a semi simulator (or as i like to call it, an Arcimulator :p) and have two modes, "Simcade" and "Sim" instead of one big mode thats too hard for newbies and too easy for simulation lovers.

gt5 is not a game is a simulator. f1 2010 had been compared to gt5 and it sometimes reached to be "better" but its not that way. What poliphony studios done was the biggest sim development ever and that isn't aprreciated by the people. they have done the best to push the ps3 into its limits and thats what they had reached. if gran turismo 5 were launched to a bigger sistem it probably reached reality. but ps3 has limits.

gt5 is not a game is a simulator. f1 2010 had been compared to gt5 and it sometimes reached to be "better" but its not that way. What poliphony studios done was the biggest sim development ever and that isn't aprreciated by the people. they have done the best to push the ps3 into its limits and thats what they had reached. if gran turismo 5 were launched to a bigger sistem it probably reached reality. but ps3 has limits.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%