F1 2011 F1 2011, Shambles or Success?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I know this is a common debate running thought most people's mind who have got F1 2010 and F1 2011. Have codemasters gone backwards form F1 2011?
In my opinion, codemasters have made huge strides in graphical and physical aspects of the game concerning the suspension and so on. However, the penalty's on F1 2011 have somehow got worse compared to F1 2010, which I didn't think was possible! If you spin or get hit off into a barrier and try to reverse out of it, you stupidly get a penalty, and the contact pens are even worse. I think if they would of just fixed some little irritating details this could of been concord in terms of racing simulation available to the masses, but I hate when games could of been so good but stupid things just let it down. I think the game has stayed the same compared to F1 2010 but in my opinion this year codies are going to get completely steam rolled by turn 10 and Microsoft studio's Forza Motorsport 4. What are your opinions?

2011 is fun to play, adds KERS and DRS, cars seems to handle somewhat better, but the graphics (on PS3) are a definite step backwards, bugs (11/11, penalties - either stupid, or none at all, strange lap times, etc.) have really kind of tarnished what is a really good game. I hope most of this stuff is easy fixes for CM, and I know they are working on another patch so I would say it's actually a bit of both....some shambles, and some successes.

I'd agree with Mike that it's probably better to hold off on a verdict until we see what comes in the next patch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back