F1 2011 Pre-Season Thread

I really don't think team orders play THAT much of a role in it anymore. Let's be honest, as mush I love Massa, he's not as good as Alonso at the moment (either Massa was still shaken from his wreck, or whatever, he just wasn't on par with Fernando). So, yeah, everyone makes a big deal over Felipe having to give his win to Fernando, but that was really Ferrari seeing that Alonso was the most consitent driver and therefore better for them to "invest" points in. If Massa had been better and positioned himself closer to the front in standings, I don't think Ferrari pull that move.

And secondly, just look at the Redbull situation. Yes, the team did play favorite with Vettel in giving him the wing. But then what ensued was one of the most fantastic things I've seen in auto-sport--Webber getting so pissed off that he just started driving out of his mind good. That was awesome. And in the end it came down, pure and simple, to the drivers. Vettel out paced Webber down the stretch. And even still, Webber just needed a solid result at Abu Dhabi and he would have won it. So him losing the title is on him. Yeah, the guy was badly hurt (and I do buy that as the reason why he was so bad at Abu Dhabi) but Vettel still beat him. Not the team or team orders.

So for 2011, I expect that all of the top teams give their drivers the full go to do what they can. At least early in the season. That's what makes the early season very important. Some of the #2 drivers, if you will, must first prove to their teams that they are worth investing in, points wise. Then they will be allowed to pursue the title, I think. Either way, I think 2011 is going to be just awesome.

cant wait for silverstone but dissapointed there is no hangar straight grandstand so ive been informed ive been going for a number of years now and always book my front seat on the hangar straight i really hope they build a new one or i dont no where im gonna go any suggestions thnx

Online launch for the new Lotus car.

At 06:00 AM Europien time (I belive GMT) at the 31st of January Lotus will reviel there Renault powered car for 2011. The car will be called TF11 and won't do the first test at February the 1st. But Heikki will have a run on Wednesfay and Trulli on Thursday. (This is the Barchelona test)

cant wait for silverstone but dissapointed there is no hangar straight grandstand so ive been informed ive been going for a number of years now and always book my front seat on the hangar straight i really hope they build a new one or i dont no where im gonna go any suggestions thnx

Hi Paul,

Just been looking and if i was to go (if it wasnt such a flipping rip off) i would try and get seats on the 'Becketts' grandstand. Im only saying this because you will get really good views of the cars through both the Maggots/Becketts/Chapel curves as well as the new Arena section. Much more action going on!! Woodcote A looks pretty good too with action on both the Wellington straight/Brooklands/Luffield and Start Finish Straight (although it wont probably be the start finish straight this year what with the new complex)

Hi , i went last year roaming seats fri and sat , pits straight for race and thought becketts and club silverstone looked good and thinking gettings club silverstone stand this year. i think 20 % off ends soon to. It would also be interesting to know which straight the adjustable wing will be allowed , probably hanger i think. + paul checking f1 site looks like a stand at hanger to. Also the 1st corner will be abbey into the new complex.

Ok guys sorry for the lack of updates but I've know added all the confirmed drivers and launch dates as well as a link to images from the Ferrari launch.

Please tell me if any of the information is incorrect or if I've missed out something important.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 491 39.2%