F1 2011 Pre-Season Thread

I think Alguesuari or Buemi will be kicked half way through the season, for me I think Buemi's the more likely to go, so I think Ricciardo might have a seat at the end of 2011 and continue for them in 2012.

Both Buemi and Alguesuari have a contract that ends when the 2011 season ends. So I don't think they would even do anything about it. In hte other hand they kicked the France Sebastin for no reason on 2009 so I don't think they won't to have the same caind of incident again.

Both Buemi and Alguesuari have a contract that ends when the 2011 season ends. So I don't think they would even do anything about it. In hte other hand they kicked the France Sebastin for no reason on 2009 so I don't think they won't to have the same caind of incident again.

Yes, contracted, but not for racing, they could do the switch and make one of them test driver.

They didn't kick Bourdais for no reason, he was getting owned by rookie Buemi who was leading the team a lot better than Bourdais.

What are you talking about, Once Bourdais was starting to get better they kicked him. If I am not wrong he even had a very good finish at the previous race and brought lots of points to the team and then *bam* they kicked him.

Idk but it is just stupid to put Riccardo in the middle of the season, even if he is quicker then Buemi and Alguesuari. But anyhow we will see how much quicker he is compare to both of them at the Start of the season.

What are you talking about, Once Bourdais was starting to get better they kicked him. If I am not wrong he even had a very good finish at the previous race and brought lots of points to the team and then *bam* they kicked him.

Idk but it is just stupid to put Riccardo in the middle of the season, even if he is quicker then Buemi and Alguesuari. But anyhow we will see how much quicker he is compare to both of them at the Start of the season.

Yes Bourdais had a good 2008 season but his 2009 was awful considering he was supposed to lead the team.
Lets compare him to Buemi who at the time was a rookie.

Australia Quali- Bourdais-20th Buemi-16th
Australia Race- Bourdais-8th Buemi-7th
Malaysia Quali- Bourdais-15th Buemi-20th
Malaysia Race- Bourdais-10th Buemi-16th
China Quali- Bourdais-16th Buemi-10th
China Race- Bourdais-11th Buemi-8th
Bahrain Quali- Bourdais-20th Buemi-17th
Bahrain Race- Bourdais-13th Buemi-17th
Spain Quali- Bourdais-17th Buemi-15th
Spain Race- Bourdais-DNF Buemi-DNF (Bourdais ran into the back of Buemi)
Monaco Quali- Bourdais-14th Buemi-11th
Monaco Race- Bourdais-8th Buemi-DNF
Turkey Quali- Bourdais-20th Buemi-18th
Turkey Race- Bourdais-18th Buemi-15th
Britian Quali- Bourdais-17th Buemi-20th
Britain Race- Bourdais-DNF Buemi-18th
Germany Quali- Bourdais-20th Buemi-17th
Germany Race- Bourdais-DNF Buemi-16th

So while Buemi had 3 points to Bourdais's 2 by the time Bourdais was sacked but as you can see Buemi beat Bourdais 7-2 in quali and out raced him 5-3. I excluded Spain as both retired.

Yeah you were wrong :wink: Bourdais sucked in F1 cars and was right to go and Alguesuari has been the fitting replacement, he seems to be up the sharp end more than Buemi at most races (besides a few including Montreal) Ricciardo definitely has more raw talent than Alguesuari, so I don't see why putting him in mid-season is a bad thing?

Yeah you were wrong :wink: Bourdais sucked in F1 cars and was right to go and Alguesuari has been the fitting replacement, he seems to be up the sharp end more than Buemi at most races (besides a few including Montreal) Ricciardo definitely has more raw talent than Alguesuari, so I don't see why putting him in mid-season is a bad thing?

I won't go on and explain the whole process but with simple words I can say that Riccardo won't be the problem but Toro Rosso and Mr.Birnue will be the big problem. I won't answer any futher to this topic since I will need to write quite alot and thats boring.

Btw I am POSITIVE that Bourdies was hit on the last race he raced while he was in a good spot.

Well this Bourdais thing is in the past, lets sack the guys on the grid now. Pick a team to be boss of and say who you would or wouldn't skid (driver) out the door and who your replacement is.

Force India: I would sack both Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi, neither one of them has impressed me during a race and the only good drive I seen this year from either one of them was Liuzzi's quali in Montreal. I actually think that the car could of and should of taken 6th in the constructors.

Fact that the drivers couldn't achieve more points, capitalizing in the beginning of the year and made too many mistakes, as a boss that would piss me off..........1 point!!

I would no doubt give Paul Di Resta Adrian Sutil's race seat. Hard part would be how to manage the remaining seat with Nico Hulkenberg on the market. I would no doubt snag him up, but give them both a first year 100k contract and performance bonus along with a 1 race weekend sit out for 10k. Also rotate in the test driver for first practice's regardless.

My pick for the test driver definitely is Karun Chandhok who will have a full race weekend for India in the seat of the driver that is weakest in the championship point standings.

Then you can all watch these two kids race for they're lives to keep an F1 career alive, because I know Karun will professionally perform during test sessions and threaten either or's seat to keep them on they're toes.

Neither one of the drivers want to be the guy who will have too sit out the race in India. They would also realise the threat of Karun doing well there and both know Chandhok has better marketing appeal with India on the calendar now.

So I would say my driver line up strategy would achieve the most points from the car, profit most, and best benefit the team as a whole.

OMG, they will add team orders for 2011. FIA have finally ruined the spirit of the motor racing by making team orders legal. :(

I know I am using quite strong words but it is the truth even if team orders does exist and will allways do is normal but for them to be legal is just not something FIA should be supporting IMO.

OMG, they will add team orders for 2011. FIA have finally ruined the spirit of the motor racing by making team orders legal. :(

I know I am using quite strong words but it is the truth even if team orders does exist and will allways do is normal but for them to be legal is just not something FIA should be supporting IMO.

I suppose its better that team orders are back, now instead trying to fool the fans the teams can be honest and say 'driver A let driver B through' instead of the stupid coded messages like 'Fernado is faster than you' or 'Jenson save fuel'.

Besides teams should be allowed to tell their drivers what to do, after all they do employ them.

i hope team orders will not play a big part in the 2011 season because i feel that team orders would'nt let "B" drivers like massa prove themself against "A" drivers so it would be harder for talent to shine all because they are seen as "B" drivers

Team orders were allowed in the sport since the very beginning. Drivers used to hand their car over to their faster teammate if he retired. The FIA can still penalise team orders if they bring the sport into disrepute (ie Austria 2002) so the really bad team orders are still outlawed. As it stood, there was no real way of policing team orders as they found out at Hockenheim, so it was right for them to legalise them. I don't think it will stop "B" drivers from being able to compete as most teams allow their drivers to compete for wins until it comes to a point where they need to back one over the other for the sake of the championship, which we see anyway.

Why can't FIA then make one car teams. That would mean a bigger variation of cars, more teams and no use of team orders.

One car teams would lead to less cars on the grid. Only a small percentage of the team's current budget would be saved by only having one car so you would still have a problem trying to get new teams on the grid. You would most likely only have 15 cars maximum on the grid this way which is going in the wrong direction.

But the budged for one car should be enough for teams who are intrestid in F1, I belive there are a few teams out there who are intrestid but they can't pay for 2 cars.

Anyhow, this is the only selution to no team orders but I belive that the budget that would be needed for one car would intrest other teams outside F1.

But even with 1 car you still have to spend all the money you normally would on R&D, factories etc and you would have nearly the same amount of staff apart from a few mechanics. You would have 1 less driver but some of the smaller teams drivers have to pay the team. Plus you would lose money with not having a second car to put sponsorship on. I see where you are coming from though but the cost would be about the same.

tazio02[1].jpgGreat topic thanks!

F1 2010 rocks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back