F1 2011 F1 2011... Playing with an Image.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Everyone,

I got my hands on F1 2011 DVD today. But unfortunately my DVD drive died about a month ago. So i created an image on my friends laptop and loaded the image on my daemon and installed the game. But then when i started the game i got some weird SecuROM error. Is there any workaround for the issue?

Now that i have bought it... dont want to spend double cash through getting one from STEAM.

Activate, as in use the CD key you own, no purchase needed.

I did that with Race On, got the DVD, entered the CD key in Steam, and I have it on Steam now.
Not sure if it will work the same for F1, because I don't have it, but it's worth a try. If you don't have an irrational hatred of Steam, LOL.

Checked what, the Steam store? You can't do anything through there, you need the Steam client.

If you have it installed, click on Games -> Activate a product on Steam.
If you don't have it installed, install it, and then do the above. You can also Google first, to see if it can be done, so you don't have to install the client for nothing.

Or maybe someone who owns the game knows if it works.

Well... I guess i should have written bought! I just wrote "got my hands" coz i felt like it. And no one's talking about pirated software here. I have been hanging around in different forums for many years now and i know piracy is not entertained in forums. So i would have asked this question on hack forums or something.

BTW, if i got a pirated copy of the game then i wouldn't be asking this question coz all pirated games run without a DVD. Right??

And sorry, DVD Drives in my country are not cheap!

To be honest I use a downloaded version of the game yet I bought a unique KEY for 11 quid which is totally legal and there is a legal work around which is not piracy so people joining the piracy bandwagon really do need to do research first before calling genuine people pirates.

"He who has clean hands should be the first to point" and all that

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years