F1 2011 F1 2011 impossible to drive with keyboard

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I play with f1 2010 v 1.0 and I have great control with the keyboard, but in the F12011 is impossible even with all the aids turned on.
It would be possible to return to
f1 2010 configuration of the keyboard with some mod

Thanks in advance

i get it, people with a wheel will make all sorts of comments telling me i won't go play a fps game with a wheel, but yet they don't realize i will not change my mind and buy a 300$ wheel when i can play a racing gamee perfectly fine with a keyboard which is universal.
these threads about keyboard vs wheel is just about who will make the lowest comment on keyboards, nothing constructive, move on.

Everybody should play with whatever controls they like of course.

But keyboard just doesnt make sense. Maybe it does in F1 2011, dont know havent tested it with keyboard. But in any real simulator you can't drive with a keyboard. Due to the digital input it will be almost impossible to drive consistently.

Not to mention a 12 hour endurance race with teammates :)

I'd rather play with a wheel, but F1 2011 is the first real racing game I've played and I'm not sure it's really worth it for one game, especially as I don't know how much longer I am going to be playing it for (depends on bugfixes I guess). At the moment playing with the keyboard puts me slightly faster than the AI on Pro (ABS/TCS/full sim/50% races). Pretty hard without ABS/TCS I guess, though I've not actually tried it.

One thing to bear in mind is that one can simulate, for example, half turn-in by feathering the key. If I tap the key very fast it creates a similar effect. I can take most corners on most tracks pretty much the same way every lap, though I'll occasionally mess it up and run wide. I think fast corners are more tricky because you can't do nearly as fine grained control through them (though you can be finer than people would think), but slow corners really aren't a problem.

Anyway, it is certainly NOT impossible to play with a keyboard. I imagine most PC players of the game are doing exactly this. Perspective on the boards may be otherwise, but it seems to me those who have invested money in a wheel are much more likely to invest in time in the boards...

After i installed the game yesterday, i jumped into an online server with keyboard and win the race from starting 14th

But TC was on and it was automatic gearbox. I must say F1 2011 is much more easier than F1 2010 in terms of Keyboard driving.

Playing with a wheel is naturally a completely greater experience, but ridicilously i find keyboard easier!

After i installed the game yesterday, i jumped into an online server with keyboard and win the race from starting 14th

But TC was on and it was automatic gearbox. I must say F1 2011 is much more easier than F1 2010 in terms of Keyboard driving.

Playing with a wheel is naturally a completely greater experience, but ridicilously i find keyboard easier!

you're totally right. I started a career, 5 years, Force India with keyboard, all Sims ON, all driving helps ON except breaking aid and legend AI and won my first to races :S
I took the setups from this forum and did not have any problems "handling the car".

I might be a keyboard fan, but for me driving with keyboard is not a problem. I enjoy the game, like to correct moves of the car with keys. I have only one problem, which is the same of last year: I cannot use my well-used controlling combination in F1 2011. I used to play F1 games a lot on the past (GP3, GP4, F1C, rF) and in every game I used alt buttons for up and down shifting. Now I can't do that and it is strange to use the cursor to drive all the 4 ways. I hope there will bea tweak which can correct that. I think it would be much easier for me atl east to drive.

How to play F1 2011 multiplayer splitscreen with 2 keyboards? I have downloaded and run PPJoy. Then run the "Keyboard Joystick" option, mapped all the keys. It works well with other games but in F1 2011, the game doesn't seem to detect any other keyboard. What to do?

Iam realy suprized that you guys play with keyboard. This is very hard to accomplish. For not buying a pad or a wheel is evryones private life and i give respect for them and people have different Prioritys in making expences. Anyway well done who can play this with keyboard and is able to get fun

Pah, keyboard? Luxury.

When I play F1 2011 I have to get up in the morning half an hour before I go to bed, work 27 hours at mill and pay mill owner for permission to work there, and when I get home I have to steer my car by inserting and removing two 128MB USB sticks in a car that can only turn right, and yet I still manage to beat the AI with all driving aids turned off on Legend.

But if you tell young kids that today... they won't believe you.

Exactly, I totally agree. I play driving simulators only using a keyboard since Accolade's GP (1988 or 1989). F1 2011 is pure delight when it comes to keyboard players. But not with traction control disabled. Ha ha, to be honest with you I really need to buy a decent racing wheel. My back hurts after all these years of ''key abuse''!:confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back