F1 2011 F1 2011 Crash

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hey guys.

So for the past week or so I've noticed that F1 2011 keeps crashing to desktop. But its not so much that it does it randomly, its that it crashes pretty much on cue every time.

This is what happens:

- I'll boot the game, everything loads fine.
- Get into any mode (Career, TT, Grand Prix... except online as i dont play online) and it will work fine.
- Then once im done with that session, ill go back to the main menu, and select another mode, it can be the same one, doesn't matter. So for example, ill go into TT mode for the first time, and then go back to the main menu when im done, and then go do TT with a different car.
- However, on the second time I load up a game mode, and when i elect to go out onto the track. it freezes with the mouse cursor in the middle of the screen with no sound.
And i have to Alt+F4 to exit the game.

Has anyone had this problem?

Cheers in advance.
Chris.

You could try and disable your antivirus, that's always a good first step to solve a problem since many AV tools are quite aggressive nowadays. If everything else fails, re-installing the game should be the next step.

You could try and disable your antivirus, that's always a good first step to solve a problem since many AV tools are quite aggressive nowadays. If everything else fails, re-installing the game should be the next step.

Thanks for the reply Tom.
But I'm afraid it's not my anti virus because I always 'exit' it when I play the game.
And I can't be bothered reinstalling it because I have so many mods haha.

Oh well. It's not a huge inconvenience, considering F1 2012 is coming out in a couple of months time and it will be 10 fold better than 2011.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%