Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

I was on the podium in every single race from singapore onward last season. Each of those races were with grids between about 10-13 people. Even winning those races they felt like a complete waste of time and I looked forward to the end.

I don't think I've even seen 15 people respond for or against which says a lot about the numbers right now. For one reason or another the league's fallen apart a bit over recent weeks, which is undoubtedly a shame but it is what it is.

I'm not going to question the sincerity or validity of your sentiment - I'm sure that's how you feel if you say so. I suppose we just have a different approach to racing and what makes it fun. Last night I went to fill in one of the many vacant slots in another league. Thirteen cars on the grid. I ended up P7 after battling one driver for 27 laps and beat him by 3 hundredths of a second to the line - and I thoroughly enjoyed the race. It wouldn't have made the slightest difference to me if there was 13 cars behind me instead of 6.

It's definitely not a problem only for this league. In fact the same thing has happened with every league I've somehow been involved in. After a while people just start losing interest, which is a shame. Something should be done about trying to keep it interesting, but in no way am I pointing fingers here. Everyone signed up for a certain season length and rules, braking off of that can't be blamed on the admins. For the future it might be a good idea to look at calendar length, though. Seems to me that drivers can generally keep their head in the game for about 10 races (2.5 months) at best.

Due to low numbers, the rest of the season has been cancelled.

This is not how I wanted this to end and it is obviously disappointing and though dropouts are expected, I don't have anyone else to blame but myself, I was not able to keep up with the league when it was needed the most and the numbers just dwindled from there, so I apologise and take responsibility for that.

Thank you all for taking part this season and for sticking with it as long as you did. Also thank you to those who reached out to other people to join the league, you were a great help. Also, thank you to Daniel, who did a great job on the race broadcasts.

Congrats to Dawid on the title and to himself and Connor on the Constructors. Although this isn't how you'd want to win it, you were pretty consistent and generally up there throughout the season and deserved to be leading at this point.

Finally, thank you to Martijn for his help throughout this season, did more than I asked of him and made sure I was up to speed at all times. Also thanks to Andrew & Mikey for helping with the Stewarding.

It is very unlikely that I'll be running any more leagues here, so for what it's worth, it's been a pleasure racing with you all these past few years and though I wasn't exactly competitive, I still had some good fun. If you do need me for anything, I'm sure you know where to find me.

I'll hopefully see you all around,

Hasnain.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Join a great F1 2020 league that runs on Sundays at 9. We have 5 leagues, organised teams providing tips and practice. A great community with commentators and a weekly show on a Wednesday.

We run presets only, no great limits on assists at 50% race distance with a huge bredth of levels and an appetite to ensure people are racing with others of the same pace.

Take a look here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back