F1 2010 F1 2010 Pedal stand DIY

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I eventually want the full cockpit I am designing, but until then I am going to have to make due and make my desk as comfy and driver ready as I can, the biggest issue I was having was the pedals, trying to use existing things they ended up too high, too low, too anything but right. Stopped by the thrift store and found one of these and decided for about $1 I was worth a shot, and here my friends, after working on it today is what I ended up with, quite pleased taking a peice of plastic and turning it into something that looks like it belongs

Before
37096airwalkskateboards.jpg

After
img9793z.jpg

img9788z.jpg

perfect height, perfect angle, $1 for the materials, spray paint and masking tape I already had so yeah. quite proud of that one, the other thing I got in the same store for around $25 (you are all going to hate me for this one
4e1bc20d69d03194490b.jpg

I had these so I plugged them into the side channel and made myself a decent mix and match 7.1, it is absolutely amazing
21system.jpg

does anyone know of any really powerful audio mod for F1 2010 I downloaded one, and while i sounds much better than stock, it just doesnt seem to get the same bass and power I was hoping for

So now we are looking at something about like
chaird.jpg

img9794b.jpg

it will do until I get a full cockpit fabbed

Thanks for looking
-TLP

@ TheLastPriest, I see from one of your pic's that you run three screens can you let me know what resolution your running them at? Im using a TH2Go setup and run at 3840 x 1024 bit it just seems to make the game look stretched so I whent back to using one screen at 1280 x 1024 :confused:

@ Richard Knight I would love to hear how you get on with the molded cockpit, I live quite close to you so im very interested, I built mine out of wood, but im always up for some thing new (just dont tell the wife) lol.

P.s. Great job on the pedals love the logo :)

JEALOUS!! lol nice job mate... as much as I love playing the game on my Xbox I really wish I had a pc capable of playing it so I could get something set up like that and enjoy all the mods, etc that you can add to it.

I am not sure what you are asking for, the demensions of the pedal "ramp" so to speak, or the designs I am working on to have a full cockpit fabbed

@ TheLastPriest, I see from one of your pic's that you run three screens can you let me know what resolution your running them at? Im using a TH2Go setup and run at 3840 x 1024 bit it just seems to make the game look stretched so I whent back to using one screen at 1280 x 1024 :confused:

P.s. Great job on the pedals love the logo :)

I am running 3 screen eyefinity with 3x 22in 1920x1080 monitors giving me an effective resolution of 5760x1080. Things do look a bit stretched on the outside monitors in any/all games, while it can be a bit of an annoyance at times the 2 other screens are for peripheral use only, if you spend time on the race rack staring out the right window you are going to end up in the "out of the dirt and into the tulips" as the great Doc Hudson once said

Just make sure that after a race you don't walk out to your car waving at people in the street, then the lines have blurred.
Truly though great cockpit.
Thinking of getting some fake carbon fibre stickers for my ironing board now.

I have been wanting to do my whole computer case in carbon fiber vinyl for quite a while, but the stuff is expensive and the Antec 900's have these little bumps on them that would require a ton of work to get off for the vinyl to look right

You know the funny thing is, I got accused of buying cheap speakers on another forum, so I actually took the time to figure up what I had paid for everything.

TheLastPriest on a different board said:
yeah I know the speakers arent great, but for $25 or so for the 5.1 system and about $15 for the 2.1 system I challenge anyone to make something sound better.

and I actually kind of skimped on the whole thing, mobo, cpu and 4 of the 8 gb of ram I got for free

both hard drives I got trading on craigslist for stuff that other people just brought to my house because I am the "Computer guy" and people bring stuff to me instead of throwing it out.

the plantronics headset/mic I got for around $1 new in package at a garage sale,

the desk I got for free on craigslist because someone moved into a small office space and it was there and she wanted it gone.

5870 I got right when they first came out for $320 before the price went through the roof.

Antec 900 I think I got a couple years ago off of craigslist from a guys who's build fell through for like $70.

the 2nd 4gb of ram I got on craigslist for $20 from a guy whos build fell through

the monitors I talked the guy at fry's down to like $150 a piece.

The razer kb was $20-$40 NIB on craigslist (I believe)

The Logitech G27 I managed to talk my family into getting it for me for my birthday (not sure how I managed that honestly since I am 28yrs old) free obviously

Chair I got with a load of outgoing chairs at work, they felt it was too old, I thought it was just right and.....free

So in all honesty an I7930, 5870, P6x58D, 8gb ddr3, antec 900, 2 HHD's, G27, 7.1 surround, eyefinity, massive desk etc cost me a little over $900, so I can be accused of skimping

Xbox (3 years ago i forget the price say £150)
150Meg hard drive £15.00 cash generators
Madcatz MC2 wheel 2nd hand ebay £15.00
27" CRT TV Cash Generators £15.00
White metal FIA approved Ironing Board-Free
Non Genuine headset £4.99
£199.99
will Dolby work from my Xbox/TV??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.