F1 2010 F1 2010 doesn't look that promising to me

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
If I am going ot give my personal Opinion I dont think the F1 2010 looks that promising because it looks more like the NFS Shift.
It's like if Codemasters are trying to make a box look so awesome but what is inside is average or crappy.

I realy hope they will make a proper F1 simulator because it's a bit meaning less to have a former F1 test driver if you are not going ot make a proper simulator. If the F1 test driver (wich name I dont rimember) would move to ISI they would be making one heck of a simulator.

But lets hope this game will be better then expected.

Marketing :)

Of course its not going to be a full sim. Sim's don't sell and Codemaster is planning to sell millions and millions of games to earn back that (too) expensive F1 license. Therefore they need to create a game that looks real but is easy to master. Taddaa: F1 2010 - The Game is born :thumb:

And still I wan't to have it :)

I was so hyped for this game when I was back on console. In fact, me and my racing buddies dubbed it 'the hope after Forza!' However, after racing the MMG mod on Race 07, I see what F1 racing is supposed to be like. Tough. I mean, TOUGH!!! It really put into context what I heard Vettel say once, which was that sometimes the drivers can't even see the track due to bumps in the road and elevation changes, and that they go on shear memory.

I don't see myself going down a notch and buying this F1 2010 game. I mean, there was a day that I rushed out to get the NFS games because they were console drivers only option. No need for me to that now with all these games and mods on the PC. Pretty graphics won't be enough to sway me! lol but they are so pretty O_O

In their defense. I've played DTM Race Driver 2 for quite a while. Physics of course couldn't be compared with F1 challenge and GTR, games that were also out by then, but I can't tell you how much time I've spend online with that game.

It's still the game that brought a lot of our founding RD members together, so without this game that would have never excisted and I would have missed out on meeting so many great guys that as of today still are friends. Very very valuable.

For me personally I don't need a top notch physics game 24/7. For quick instant racing I have my mid-category (simcade we call it now?) games as TDU, DiRT2, NFS Shift and soon F1 2010! I absolutely want it just because it looks and sounds good :)

The more the so called sim-elitists start shouting that the physics are rubbish and what more, the more I will enjoy the great graphics, the animated scenes and the massive amount of new people to meet :thumbup:

Oyes so true , could´t said it better myself :)

In their defense. I've played DTM Race Driver 2 for quite a while. Physics of course couldn't be compared with F1 challenge and GTR, games that were also out by then, but I can't tell you how much time I've spend online with that game.

It's still the game that brought a lot of our founding RD members together, so without this game that would have never excisted and I would have missed out on meeting so many great guys that as of today still are friends. Very very valuable.

For me personally I don't need a top notch physics game 24/7. For quick instant racing I have my mid-category (simcade we call it now?) games as TDU, DiRT2, NFS Shift and soon F1 2010! I absolutely want it just because it looks and sounds good :)

The more the so called sim-elitists start shouting that the physics are rubbish and what more, the more I will enjoy the great graphics, the animated scenes and the massive amount of new people to meet :thumbup:

If I will by F1 2010 then it will be because I might get a PS3 soon and I moght train my fingers and racing games will do very well :D

Lucky mate! (PS3) I would love to have GT5 with that huge ammount of cars!:)

Back on topic: I think F1 2010 will be a good game, the features of the career mode alone sound great, and the driving doesn't look bad. As time passes graphics gets better as well (still should be a bit brighter imo), and sounds seem to be great!

I'm afraid there is a lot of snobbery in the sim community and a tendency to look down their noses at 'popular arcade' games.

Much like those people who look down their noses at music that makes it into the charts.
I agree. It's pretty sad to read this here and at Virtualr for example. There's one group that's going too far in this stuff. And that's those people who're crying about realism in games and DLC for XBOX-games, but in the meanwhile they'll have to pay for a subscription, but also for all cars and tracks they want to drive. You know what people I'm talking about.

I love Dirt2. if F1 2010 feels like Dirt2 it's great.

I buy F1 2010 on PC because I expect it will look best on PC, and pc is most configurable..
X360 only has crappy wheels (except for that fanatec wheel)
PS3 version will most likely look the worst of them all (as usual on PS3), and is not as open as the pc-version when it comes to steering wheels etc.

Hmm PS3 remembers me I need to pre-order GT5 soon. As PS3-exclusives are the only games that look good on PS3..

What has crying for realism and having to pay for a subscription have to do with eachother? I don't see the link to be honest. I don't think that asking for super realistic games is wrong. There is obviously a need for this genre, though it's a (too) small group.

But you can't say that iRacing members (at least if I understand you correctly) are going too far. I am an iRacing member myself and it sells exactly what I was looking for in that service: realistic tracks.

But on the other hand I can surely enjoy a simcade racing game as well :)

What has crying for realism and having to pay for a subscription have to do with eachother? I don't see the link to be honest. I don't think that asking for super realistic games is wrong. There is obviously a need for this genre, though it's a (too) small group.
Of course it's not wrong, but some people will moan about every game that's not at least RBR, GTR2 iRacing or rFactor in terms of physics. They'll kick games like Forza, Gran Turismo, NFS etc the ground because they do not offer the physics from earlier said sims.

But you can't say that iRacing members (at least if I understand you correctly) are going too far. I am an iRacing member myself and it sells exactly what I was looking for in that service: realistic tracks.

But on the other hand I can surely enjoy a simcade racing game as well :)
About crying for realism and paying for a subscription there's not a link. The link in that sentence was that I've seen several iRacing members moan about DLC being on X360 or PS3. While they do exactly the same.

Of course not everyone does that, but esp on virtualR I see more and more iRacing-peeps moan about those two things.
1. Realism in other games.
2. iRacing pay-tracks compared to DLC in X360 games. (DLC for X360 is wrong because the dev makes a profit, paid iRacing tracks and cars are right.) While they're both the same. In both cases you need to pay for extra content.

The good old fanboys are back indeed :) Still remember the GPL vs GTR2 vs rFactor vs LSF on the old RSC forums! But that is a universal thingy that you also see between xbox360 and playstation 3 users or between fifa and pes games :)

Some people will defend their game so much that it looks like they have either build it themselves or have shares in the company that created the game/platform.

Fun gameplay is he most important thing. have all the physics in the world but if its boring then it goes in the bin. Codies have a history of creating fun and engaging racing titles. I have no reason to believe it will be different now.

I'll make my own mind up when it comes. If you relied on videos and screenshots alone to decide how good a game is everyone would think rF sucks too but clearly people don't believe its true.

It really put into context what I heard Vettel say once, which was that sometimes the drivers can't even see the track due to bumps in the road and elevation changes, and that they go on shear memory.

F1 2010 will have a "cockpit view" just as other sims. If you can't see the track due to bumps or elevations in real life, you wont be able to see it in F1 2010. For me what will make this sim Tough Tough Tough is doing full length races like the real drivers. That is what this sim is intending to simulate. There will be a clean and dirty side of the grid. The weather will change during the race, the track will rubber in, marbles will build up off-line. If you are not careful you will flatspot your tyres. You will have to use both compounds in a race. You will have to save fuel in the race. You can pick up a puncture if you drive over debris. If you are on wets and the track is drying you will have to drive off-line to cool them.

Will it be the ultimate F1 driving sim? No, but I'm very hopeful it will be a bloody good F1 racing sim.

This awesome video was taken a few years ago on Interlagos. An integrated camera in the lower part (not on top of) the helmet of David Coulthard

Real pilots indeed don't see that much :)

Here is Kubica

Even Red Bull's gorgeous Simulator can't come close to real imo. Real is totally different. Seeing everything around you. Our eye is a magnificent tool. Not only eyes, there are human senses. For a long time there can't be such a monitor or technology i think.

About F1 2010, it has lots of revoltuonary things. (If the game live up to the producer's expectations) We have never seen such a wet track system, a career, an ai etc. Even it will have an average or even low of average driving, that will be a great feeling to play. :)

F1 2010

Yeah, it maybe an 8 out of 10 on a sim scale, but it will be awesome. I still love to play Dirt 2 (yes it doesn't have clutch support :frown:) for fun factor of career modes and this is what most PC sims forget. The problem with PC sim's they are still not 100% accurate. You still have the sim vs real world factor. I won't by F1 2010 for PC unless Steam releases it. I currently have a fully paid preorder for PS3, just cannot wait :tv::console::pizza::thumb:. This game looks awesome and like, what was previously mentioned about the weather. The weather system is going to be awesome. Marbles after a few laps then they get washed away by the rain! Then you have the track drying faster on the surface cars travel on! The tires will have patches of rubber that will come off. This game will be great!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%