F1 2010 F1 2010 collisions off

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello everyone if this is the wrong place to post this topic i am sorry this is my first time here.
I was wanting to know is there a way to have collisions off on quick race mode sprint because i have got realy good on f1 now and the problem i am having is when i am 1st on the grid i allways get smashed of the track an when i go to over take some one they just ram the back wheels of my car so i spin out and i am going off the game now because its hard to have a decent race on people, another thing is when i invite my nefu to my party then select sprint he gets cut off and carnt join and the same happens when he invites me we can play every mode apart from sprint any advice would appreciated thank you.
If anyone wants to add me my psn is latchyboy1983

Hello everyone if this is the wrong place to post this topic i am sorry this is my first time here.
I was wanting to know is there a way to have collisions off on quick race mode sprint because i have got realy good on f1 now and the problem i am having is when i am 1st on the grid i allways get smashed of the track an when i go to over take some one they just ram the back wheels of my car so i spin out and i am going off the game now because its hard to have a decent race on people, another thing is when i invite my nefu to my party then select sprint he gets cut off and carnt join and the same happens when he invites me we can play every mode apart from sprint any advice would appreciated thank you.

If anyone wants to add me my psn is latchyboy1983

AFAIK No. You can turn off collisions on custom races - but default in sprint mode is ON.

AFAIK No. You can turn off collisions on custom races - but default in sprint mode is ON.
Thanks for replying. They should do f1 2011 so that if u ram some one u have atleast a 10 second penalty that would be a great idea,
I think the games the best car game ever, i have been racing with this 1 dude and he is the same as me in lap time speeds and when were in sprint mode we get rammed but always end up 1st an 2nd i just wish that those rammers would go back to need for speed.

Im pretty sure half of the rammers dont even mean to do it, most just dont know or care where the braking zones are into turn 1. I had 4 cars trying to take me into turn 1 at Monaco last night, im sure you can work out what happened next!

I agree with you, collisions can be really frustrating. On random grid mode, I hate to qualify pole on tracks with a killer first corner cuz I get rammed from behind and then end up last!

There IS a 10-second penalty for intentionally causing a collision. However at reduced rules mode which is default, it considers some collisions "racing incidents", which is frustrating. Realistic rules may be too harsh? I dunno.

Getting fed up of first corner collisions from the rear :(

Im pretty sure half of the rammers dont even mean to do it, most just dont know or care where the braking zones are into turn 1. I had 4 cars trying to take me into turn 1 at Monaco last night, im sure you can work out what happened next!

Haha. I did a Monaco race with 12 cars racing online. Disaster. But loads of fun!

I'm pretty sure at I saw a Virgin go off into the ocean at the Portier corner ;) LOL

Thanks for replying. They should do f1 2011 so that if u ram some one u have atleast a 10 second penalty that would be a great idea,
There is such a thing, but it doesnt work properly. People have hit me before, and I get the penalty, it happpens sooo much. If you are brakinginto a corner, but you brake a little earlier (slow in = fast out) someone who doesn't believe that philospohy - so they attempt fast in = fast out, run into the back of you, and you get the penalty for braking causing them to crash.

However, if you are chasing someone up a straight and have a good run on them, if they brake mid-straight in front of you (cant react quick enough) you get the 10 secs penalty. This happened to me last night o monza as there was a guy who was really rubbish managed to ram everyone off to get up to 1st, on last lap i was catching him very quickly, so he brakes infront of me, because he knows that I get penalty, he gets the win, whether I pass him or not.

The penalty system is a good idea in principal, but it just doesnt work.

There is a way around this - where you need not have a penalty system - You can enjoy some friendly, competitive, clean, free from idiots racing here http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-racing-club/

Apply for your license now... at this link http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

i agree with james on this one the penalty system is useless good idea but the software doesnt seem to be able to distinguish who is to be held accountable for collisions and that has really ticked some people off me included the way i avoid this is just try my best to avoid other racers and continue with my race but i havent played this game in ages my disc is still broken and coming up to xmas i just havent got the time to buy a new one hopefully i will have one after xmas

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 216 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%