F1 2009 - The Game

I'm hoping for something approaching realistic but I'm expecting GRID with F1 cars also I'm afraid but who knows they might do well and they are apparently laser scanning tracks for the game so the tracks should be very realistic so why go to all that bother modelling the tracks right if you're not going to do justice with the cars? fingers crossed.

I expect F1 2009 to only come out for Wii (edit: and PSP).

The real game will be F1 2010, it looks like it could be very good:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_2010_(video_game) said:
  • All the teams, drivers, and tracks from the FIA 2010 Formula One Season.[3]
  • Online racing.[3]
  • Full weather effects.[3]
  • Both an "arcade" and "sim" version; which will include realistic laptimes.[3]
  • Customizable driver aids.[3]
  • Laser scanned tracks.[3]
  • Track surface model that will simulate rubber build up, marbles, stones, water etc. This will have both physical and graphical effects.[3]
  • Running off the drying line in the wet will give you less grip and cool your tyres.[3]
  • There will be wind and sand effects.[3]
  • The game will not be moddable.[3]
  • There will be crowd effects.[3]
  • It will be possible to spray champagne after a race victory.[3]
  • There will also be a Career and World Championship mode allowing you to take part as a featured driver or create yourself and become a F1 driver.

This doesn't sound like it will have grid-style handling, it sounds like they are going for a true sim.

• Kyle Evers

I can't wait. This is one of the 5 games I am getting within the next year. This game is going to be for PC too, right?

• Keiichi Sukra

I wonder what happens if Fota manages to start their own series in 2010.

I'm not so sure this dispute will lead to a breakaway but if it does then both Codemasters and the BBC will surely be talking to their lawyers about clawing back some of the money they have paid to FOM for the rights to the name, it won't be the same if the major manufacturers walk away.

I have no expectations of F1 2009 because it's only for Wii and PSP and I have neither. :(

Will have to wait for F1 2010 for PC version.

I will buy F1 09 on PSP to check it out - Should be downloadable from PSN for the new one afaik

I'm hoping it will be more sim than arcade but it's codemasters and although they know a thing or two about making driving games, they've really dropped the ball lately imho of course...

F1 2009 wii

hello.
need help setting up my car for the F1 2009 game for wii. The famous.... or infamous monaco track. best time ive got is in the 1:17 range and ive read peoples boasts of 1:14 or better. Need peoples actual setups to try out. please help....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 13.9%