F1 2007 MOD

Misc F1 2007 MOD RC1.5 release 1.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Did you start from an unmodified version of the game?

please check the Date Modified of database.bin and language files.

database should have -7/13/2013 2:45pm
language eng and ger should have 7/15/2013 6:55pm/6:58pm

if the dates are different, please make sure the frontend and etc. installer is getting installed in the correct directory.

Ha, my first YDT with modified files. Hairpin test was fun, it's really easy to stop while causing a collision at the stopping area :D
Helments of Bianchi and the two following don't look so good photoshopped (select menu(, you can still see the outlinebackground (white pixels).

Hm, ok got the "DRS is activated" speech now.

Wow, this game is making fun out of me, each race I drive on the same track more cars DNF than before :D
F1072.jpg

I've installed true to life AI and pasted my adjusted skill level into the database (fyi it took me days of adjusting, in my 1997 season player and ai have same mass, so I barely get 18th place with Minardi), but even (I looked it up) having 30 mass more (which should be 1,5 sec) I got the fastest lap with Spyker :D
I wonder why your AI is so extremely slow, that'll be a bunch of work to adjust the AI for me again, hahaha and I hoped just c&p from my other db and bam it's competitive :D [I'm playing on intermediate usually 0.67 til 0.77 values]

I wonder why your AI is so extremely slow, that'll be a bunch of work to adjust the AI for me again, hahaha and I hoped just c&p from my other db and bam it's competitive :D [I'm playing on intermediate usually 0.67 til 0.77 values]

Yes, the CTFs and AI difficulty are some of the areas that we have not been able to fine tune.

We would welcome anyone who is willing to contribute to improve these parts of the game.:)

tbh I didn't mess with .ctf much myself [too lazy, I also only choose fast setup nowadays], I took one good from performance mod and changed the mass: top team: 635, worst team 685 other teams anywhere between, for me 20kg more mass were equal to 1sec slower [my drivers are almost all equal in their skills and failure rate, I don't want to overlap someone but having hard competition :D]
I know the aero_cd_max and _min make a huge difference [my cars have all 0.75 & 0.95] as well, I never noticed any real difference when changing all the other values (a bit handling changed but ... not the speed)
But it all depends on how to place the season: Realistic or competitive [I prefer last one].
I guess for AI and such you can surely ask snthennumbers he's a nice bud giving good hints ^__^

Ah, I forgot, I didn't replace tha ai_vehicle_track yet (competitive braking points and such), that surely makes a speed difference for the AI as well ;)

Oh and speaking of competitive, it would be great if you guys would provide us two databases (if the DNF are caused because of that): one for realistic DNF from season 2007 and one for very minimalistic DNF (like 1 DNF per race or even none, let them crash :D). To me it's not motivating having a "dog fight" and your opponent turns his car hard into the off because he's going to retire ... even when it will be much less drivers which DNF it's just ruining the racing atmosphere. But that's my personal opinion ofc, no offence, you're doing a great job!

Ok, now I placed the competitive braking files (from true to life mod) and my own adjusted AI files (they drive more nascar like with bumping, didn't use it at first due to already high DNF) and summary is: AI is driving already faster than my fastest lap before, still the Spyker is too fast OR (which I think is more logic) the failure rate causing slow cars is causing slow AI overall, as the AI tends to get slower behind a slow car (even though they bump me in a corner, lol) ... hm but that's just a thought ;)
Here's the result with those adjusted files:
F1073.jpg

AI is 1 sec faster than before, well I'd say even more, all top teams DNF ... :D

One question, did you modify what parts split when crashing?
F1074.jpg

I have never seen it this detailed with so many single parts flying around.

But still one fact remains: The engineer never talks about using KERS

Nvm, finally he told me to use KERS :D

Ok. Could you please give it a try with the steering wheels ? Than your mod would be perfect. Hmm the Hamilton gloves are wrong they are black-and white in 2007 only in one race he had black ones alonso used them the whole season. Ferrari had no red they had white gloves with a little red.

Ok. Could you please give it a try with the steering wheels ? Than your mod would be perfect. Hmm the Hamilton gloves are wrong they are black-and white in 2007 only in one race he had black ones alonso used them the whole season. Ferrari had no red they had white gloves with a little red.

To the wheels: What would happen if we would switch them? Cause the textures wouldnt match anymore

To the gloves: Thanks. Would be great to have some pics of them, otherwise we cant improve anything.

Ah, I've just taken a look into your db ai_driver, no surprise the AI is so slow (except the top drivers)
Aggression and Speed_Out are usually set too low. 0,2 and even 0,1 that's like not participating in a race. You should not forget, that those values also multiplicate with the difficulty's factor (for me it is All_Rounder, so 0,7*0,1 = 0,07 e.g.). So while Alonso (db Hamilton) drives with 67,9% of the max speed (legend equals 100% = 1) out of a corner and goes with 70% in (Aggression is also responsible how early the AI is braking before a corner) many other drivers are braking far far too early (or becoming too slow too early) with 14% (0,7*0,2) and leave the corner with 7% of total max speed in worst case.

Best example was a race in USA & rain: Sutil was braking at 200m sign before the left-right-right-u.turn with your values, while with an Aggression set to 1 he was braking at ~120m (like me). I didn't touch the wet_weather_ability yet but 0,1 for some drivers is like they've never driven a fast speed car in the rain (they are really really slow).

So here we are again, the point where it is very hard to have realistic 2007 stats (overlapped) and competitive values at the same time. But no matter which, in my opinion many drivers need an adjustment of +0,3. Maybe you should test a bit with those values and see how it goes ;)

###

But away from the speed issue, it's awesome to look at the steering wheels and noticing so many different LED combinations. I'm not that deep into F1 to say team A has LED greend, yellow, blue but still I see you surely went full heart into these details.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back