rF2 F1 2007 MMG @ Monza 20th of july.

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great race !! Roy had a blast in quall and got pole. After 1 restart i could get near Roy with Sascha in my neck:D I made a move to overtake but didnt at the last moment, I think Roy thought i was going for it and released his throttle :D
Then i could pass in the space he gave me on the inside and i was in the lead.
I could hold on to that till the pitstop when Sascha and Roy past me.
Few laps later Sascha had to pit and i could get the lead back and hold it till finish.
Finally i won :becky: Juhuuuuu !!!!
Great fun guys, thx for joining and this one will come again !!

Great Fun!

Surprisingly I had great fun tonight. I was way off the pace in practice and couldn't get near my 1.25.5 PB. Then all of a sudden a light turned on and I hit a slipstream assisted 1.25.2.

On to qualifying and put in 10 laps of fuel. I figured some glory hunting hounds :evil: would run light and go for pole etc. [not that I had a chance of getting close anyway lol]. Qualified 6th and settled in for a clean start. Perfect get away on start one [using launch control]. Just managed to glide past the car on the grid in front. Mayhem into T1 [as per...] and took to the escape road to avoid the carnage. I figured it was better to take the S&G than get hit from behind by those who would forget about braking for the chicane :evil:.

Start two and I repeated my getaway, nailing two cars off the grid. Messy again into T1 and I took to the grass this time to avoid the mayhem.

Had a quite race and picked up places as others retired. Managed to pace Roy towards the end [he must have been reading a book :D] and finished on the podium in 3rd.

Great event!

I really enjoyed that for 9 laps, I was running seventh when unfortunatly my Williams teamate rear ended me going into the first turn, thats racing I suppose, dont leave it to long untill the next race with this mod its fantastic fun, thanks evryone.

Sorry m8, ran too fast into your braking cloud and saw u too late, tried to turn left to avoid collision.
icon9.gif

1st race with F1 cars for me, had lots of fun, after all I need much more practice so feel free to set the next event :thumb:

Bit dissapointed really... actually managed to make a good start and keep out of trouble in the first start, went up to p.4.
Then in the restart I again had a good start but I think Jens H. in front of me missed the lights or something as he didn't move. Tried to evade but hit his right rear tire and lost my front wing. Then Steve was getting freaky as well, looked like some lag too?
Stumbled back to pits. But engine was getting hotter and hotter as the pit crew was repairing the damage and when I left the pits the engine blew... so a very short race.

Still I think people should be more careful in the first lap and especially at the first turn, and especially at the first turn in Monza! Just watched the replay and it was total mayhem at the first chicane... Maybe we should try this mod at an oval or something... :pound:

I guess we just need some more events with this mod so people get more used to it! :D

Thanks to all who showed up! :thumb:

I was stuck in neutral at the start and never even get started --- sorry. Weird...

• Roy Stevens

Sounds good to me Gaz..had good race last night..grats to pat ...:thumb:

• Lee Clifford

Good Race lads!!Gratz to Pat n Roy!!Let me know when the next event is lads!!:thumb:

• Lee Clifford

Track looks good Gareth maybe put in on the server have a Blast!!!:thumb:

• shenken

Maybe a longer Practise session, especially since you can't change anything after that...

LOL Yoeri. There was plenty of time to get prepared but you just turned up a few minutes before the practise session was over :pound:

As for me:

Thanks Patrick to allow at least one restart. And sorry Roy that I got into you in Chicane 1. It would have been easier to brake with a formation lap but since the majority of people don´t even have a clue how to manage a formation lap, we used the Standing Start procedure. With the 2nd start I was very cautious in my 3rd spot, not to crash into someone but was really scared about the guys behind me and indeed after the second start, most of the field crashed again.

After the field settled in after 2-3 laps, I was able to stay behind Roy, not letting him go away. One lap later than the pitstop of Patrick, I headed into the pits to refuel. Unfortunately Patrick was so damn fast and consistant, that he got his P1 back. Roy in 2nd pitted, so I was able to get in P2 and Roy in P3 i guess. He didn´t believe that I made a pitstop but I did Roy :pound:

With lap 16 or 17 I think i´ve spun in Chicane 1, wasn´t fast enough to push the neutral button, so i´ve lost my engine and lost also my 2nd spot to Roy Stevens.

Well done to the event winner. I wish RaceDepartment would introduce a professional F1 league with this. Full Flag Rules, Safety Car, Formation Lap and a Championship with Standings would be really cool.

see ya next time :amen:

I would sign up for an F1 league here at the Race Department and I am 100 per cent sure Gary Allen would to, after last nights race we have been thinking of looking for an F1 league but it would be great to do it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%