• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

F1 2007 @ Barcelona 2007 - Thursday March 11th 2010

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicolas Hamilton

Nicolas Hamilton

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry eric, something has come u; and i am unable to make it.

2. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    NP Nicolas.

3. Ivor Topley

Ivor Topley

Ratings:
    +3
    Excuse me Eric. Am I invited? I don't see my name on the participants list and I'm not a gate crasher, :smile:.
    If you missed it, I requested the Coulthard Red Bull.

4. Mark Guy

Mark Guy

Ratings:
    +29
    May i please take massa, as Nicolas has pulled out?

5. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Yes to both:)

Unfortunately, I am in the office behind a firewall. Can you make sure to start the event (like now:)) thank you all!!

6. Matt Hunt

Matt Hunt

Ratings:
    +22
    Q p6

Got a good start and jumped Ross & Mark and was running ok for a few laps in P4 with Ross hot on my tail and then i spun it. Then I respun it crashed out!. While waiting for race 2 I get a *Mini-Dump* due to tabbing out :mad: Boooo!!

Thanks for the event Eric & RD

7. Wayne Reed

Wayne Reed

Ratings:
    +28
    that was my 1st two races here at race department and would just like to say awsome thanx to all in the race cant wait for the next 1 now well done all:thumbup:

8. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +993
    Too bad, that was going to be a nice little skirmish!

9. Ivor Topley

Ivor Topley

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks guys, that was great fun. I still have to learn a bit about mod in the RaceOn "shell". Ran out of fuel in both races!!

Apologies to Kimmo for the tap up the backside there, bud. I'm sorry to have spoiled your second race. It was pretty close up front there.
    Apologies to Ronny too for the lap 1 somersault!! :eek: With Wayne on my outside, I was stuck in the middle going into Turn1 and you just clipped my front wheel with your rear. (Never a good thing with open wheelers as you know)

Thanks again to racedepartment for setting this up.

10. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin

Ratings:
    +174
    Race 1 had a tap from behind going into turn 1 and had suspension damage until my first stop, i only took on tyres at my stop and I jumped the leaders and after everyone
    had stopped I lead the race right up until about 4 turns from the end of the last lap whenI ran out of fuel (it never happens when I`m 13th :biggrin:)

Race 2 I got off to a good start from 6th on the grid and after about 2 thirds of a lap I was in the lead, I lead for a few laps but spun and a few cars came past, I ended up chasing Will for 1st place but couldnt quite catch up to him in the end, I am happy with 2 2nd places though despite throwing away the win in race 1.

11. Freddie Besems

Freddie Besems

Ratings:
    +21
    Poor qualifiyng on last spot. Did not practice a lot on this new track. Was used to the old one.

1st race started on last position 15th. And i needed 2 pitstops because fuel consuming was to high. But worked out great and finished on 5th spot.

(finished with a wallbanging since i was typing ssssst, but thx for all the sorries)

2nd race started on the 4th spot. Was forced to go wide at T1 and could go on on the grass, hope i didnt bother anyone. dropped back to i believe 9th place.
    (could not really see how much room there was so to avoid any accidents i stayed as wide as possible)

Then lot of dropouts. But couldnt really concentrate anymore, till i was racing Richard for a few rounds. Made my quickest lap
    in this battle. Then after a think 3 rounds i could make a pass because he lost his car. But then i lost my car a few corners
    further and hit a wall causing some damage on the behind of the car. Tried to go for a pitstop but then hit another wall causing to loose my frontwheel. Then i retired and watch the race.

Thx for the fair races.

12. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    K2

Ratings:
    +95
    Very nice races today, thanks to all you. Today both starts went ok and we didn't have any stupid accidents so this works much better now, thanks guys.

Race report:
    Qualification 3rd place, not bad :). Finished both races (2nd and 6th) and everything works perfect today...i'm so happy :)

And big thanks to Eric & RD!

13. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +993
    Enjoyed tonight very much- i was posting competitive times in the F1 car despite using my trusty xbox 360 pad!

Race 1: slow start (as usual) Matt Hunt passed me, took the inside into t1, and followed him for a few laps at close quarters. Unfortunately he spun out at the mickey mouse chicane at the end of the lap and i moved up to 4th. Some more battling ensued with Kimmo and Graham. After the pitstops i found myself in 2nd behind Martin (who was short-shifting to save fuel) but i completely binned it on the final corner's kerbing. (a la schumi in australia many years ago!) Possible race win out the window. Damn. Watched the heartbreaking moment when martin ran out of fuel 4 corners from the end, unlucky!

Race 2: took it easy through turn 1, avoided the spinners and was up to 5th, which became 3rd a couple of laps later. Raced hard with Kimmo again, but spun before taking my pitstop and this led to me coming out in 4th. Overtook graham on the next lap (very clean, cheers!) and set about chasing the leaders. However, i suspect they didn't change tyres at the pit stop as they were 16s ahead. Consolidated 3rd place in the end.

14. Kimmo Kokkonen

Kimmo Kokkonen
    K2

Ratings:
    +95
    Thanks.
    No problem.

15. Will Marquez

Will Marquez

Ratings:
    +18
    Quali - P2

Race 1 - Got off to a decent start (better than my FPWS starts thats for sure, ummm... Eric I might keep your car til after Bahrain this weekend.. haha), and try to keep up with Kimmo and Bernt in the opening laps and was alot of fun as we were bunched up early. In the final chicane, looked like Bernt tried to avoid another car that had just spun out and then he spun out right in front of me. Tried to avoid him, but I see my front wing fly up into the air (Sorry Eric haha). Decided to pit and fix repairs along with tire change. Make my way up to P2 and see that Martin is at least 20 secs ahead of me. On the final lap I notice that the time gap is dropping quickly and as I pass Martin on the side of the track, looks like he ran out of fuel. Unlucky mate that was your race to win. :) End up finished P1. For my first win on RD! :) woohoo!

Race 2 - Starting in P8 heading into T1 looks like everyone was very sporting and not rushing since its still the first lap. After a few corners misjudge my brake point and go off and I'm second to last at the moment. Made some good passes to slowly make my way up the field. Just wanted to make sure on one pass if I gave you enough room Mark? It looks like I was clear. But if not just let me know. :) Nailed my pitstop and Martin and I almost come out at the same time. Second half of the race just focus on hit my spots. And start to build a bit of a lead. But I can see Martin coming on strong down the stretch. Take it easy the final lap and come across the line for a race 2 win. Totally unexcepted, as today before the race was the only chance I had to get some laps in due to prepping for FPWS and ATCC. But this track was alot of fun with these cars.

Thx to everyone for showing up, it was alot of fun! Also thanks to Eric and RD for organizing this event and letting me borrow his car :) Looking forward to the next one.

16. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Be nice to my beloved ride Will!! BIG congrats on the 2 wins!! Now it is your time to win on Saturday!!!!

17. Ronny van Rooij

Ronny van Rooij
    Premium

Ratings:
    +27
    THX guys great fun!

18. Rick Hurst

Rick Hurst

Ratings:
    +0
    sorry guys i had a total blond moment and i watched the timer count down and i thought it was the warm up that i was watching count down :( it wasnt the warm up, i was watching the start of the race count down. lol derrrrrrr:rolleyes:
    thanks to eric:cool: and hopefully see u all next time.

19. Ross McGregor

Ross McGregor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +993
    I'm in the process of uploading a couple of vids from my race at barca, inckuding a couple of battles in race 2:

I'll upload a couple more later! Cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.