F1 2003 Mod - [Part 1]

Misc F1 2003 Mod - [Part 1] 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Geckarbor5LP submitted a new resource:

F1 2003 Mod - [Part 1] - F1 2003 Season Mod - Part 1

Welcome to the F1 2003 Mod for F1 2020.
The mod is created by ParkYongLee an myself (Gecki / Geckarbor5).

It took over 300 hours to create, but I hope it was worth it.

You need all Parts of this Mod to play it!!
Part 1:
Part 2: ...
Part 3: ...
Part 4: ...
Part 5: ...

The mod is currently still being uploaded. All parts should be available in a few hours.

This mod includes all teams and drivers of the F1 2003 Season + young...

Read more about this resource...

Just in case anyone is wondering, why Mick Schumacher's face is being used for Michael Schumacher:
That is because the usage/creation of Michael Schumacher is originally content of a DLC.

Further, if you wonder about Modular Mods being compatible or not:
I recommend to only use the following MoMods:
  • helmet_myteam.erp
  • teampackage_myteam.erp (no car livery)
  • safety_car_color.erp
  • tracks_no_night_fog.erp
  • tracks_reverse_grid_f1.erp
Any other modular mod will not be compatible with the 2003 season mod and should not be used. (it will technically work but it will ruin the 2003 experience)

Remember: No DRS is forced by default and ERS does also not exist in this mod.
If you want to have DRS enabled, we could upload it as an DLC, just let me know.

Small showcase video:

Last edited:
For every car other than Ferrari and Williams the sponsors are backwards on DX11
Of course the left side is mirrored. That is because the car's texture is only one-sided. Nothing you can do about it. Limitations that started with F1 2013, welcome to Codemasters' F1 games, lol.

Last edited:
How do i combine the files? Usually i combine parted files by ziping them all at once (i use 7-zip btw) but when i try that on this, they dont combine

First of all, this looks like one of the best mods I have seen for this game. Is it possible for you to upload the sponsorboards seperatly, so I can maybe edit them for my own modded gameplay?

First of all, brilliant work with this mod! Arguably the best mod in any of the Codemasters F1 games.

I have a very major problem however. I tested the mod out at Australia, and everyone seems to be doing ridiculously fast times compared to the actual 2003 Australian GP. I wouldn't mind at all if it wasn't 100% accurate, but in the IRL qualifying session, Michael took pole with a 1:27.1, while in game he set a 1:18.5, and that's just in a practice session! Even Kimi pulled out a 1:17 out of nowhere, while Ralf's done a 1:25.6 and is last place.

EDIT: Now in a one-shot quali, and I can't choose the dry tires.

Did I mess something up while installing the mod or is the AI just that ridiculous in the mod?

Last edited:
IRL, which AI difficulty do you expect to resemble IRL times? On 70 they drive 1:25 in Melbourne for me. (original on that difficulty was 1:18 with 2020)
Can't say much about performance though, he did it on his own - and the endresult is way different than what he first created (1:35 back then with much spin and slowpoke cars).

The quali tyres, might be a sideeffect of performance/grip without DRS (the 2020 career is not expecting a disabled DRS, it might see it as wet conditions then), but as you end up with slicks, it is not an issue, I'd say.

IRL, which AI difficulty do you expect to resemble IRL times? On 70 they drive 1:25 in Melbourne for me. (original on that difficulty was 1:18 with 2020)
Can't say much about performance though, he did it on his own - and the endresult is way different than what he first created (1:35 back then with much spin and slowpoke cars).

The quali tyres, might be a sideeffect of performance/grip without DRS (the 2020 career is not expecting a disabled DRS, it might see it as wet conditions then), but as you end up with slicks, it is not an issue, I'd say.
Hmmm, maybe a possible workaround for the quali tires would be to allow DRS, but it doesn't reduce drag?

I finished a 5 lap race as well.
Lowered the difficulty from 104 (what I use for vanilla F1 2020 at Australia) to 94 which made them do 1:22-23 where I was lapping, but then they become terrible in the corners which allows me to catch up at a very quick rate (sometimes I end up ramming them from behind because I was so fast in the corners lol)
They are like rockets in the straights though, my MFD says my engine's overheating so that's probably why.

Started from 20th, climbed up to 2nd in 5 laps which is pretty ridiculous, a couple more and I would've been leading, at the end of a 25% race distance I'd probably have lapped all of them twice.

Great mod but some major issues like some of the people above. On 108 diffuculty, I am absolutely destroying the AI (on australia). I managed to lap everyone and even twice for some after starting 15th. I also seem to have issues where I am mysteriously missing a front wing randomly and I don't get the 5 red rights when starting a practice program, the game just throws me in. All in all, great mod but is there anyway I can fix these issues or is it on my end at all?

Great mod. How does the tyres work? Because you can choose soft, medium and hard in the strategy but IRL this wasnt the option at that time. How do the tyres work in this mod? will AI use all three 2020 sets depedning on situation?

This mod is brilliant,it really gives you the 2003 feeling when driving.
Awesome job guys.

Although,I want to report something I had when racing in Spain.
I had 4 AI cars crashing out(Ralf,JPM,Coulthard and Wilson) in the wall at the pitlane entry,and then teleporting across the track.
I don't know what is possible about it,but I don't think that happened normally plus no one said anything about it so I thought you should know about it

This mod is brilliant,it really gives you the 2003 feeling when driving.
Awesome job guys.

Although,I want to report something I had when racing in Spain.
I had 4 AI cars crashing out(Ralf,JPM,Coulthard and Wilson) in the wall at the pitlane entry,and then teleporting across the track.
I don't know what is possible about it,but I don't think that happened normally plus no one said anything about it so I thought you should know about it
a lot of corners the AI are just broken and try to defend someone who isnt there or go take some racing line I've never seen. so far on 110 AI brazil, spain, monte, austria and they each have issues in maybe 1-5 corners per track. im using no assists and a wheel. I attempted messing with values but im not sure i achieved anything in the way of that but I made the cars more fragile :)

Geckarbor5LP updated F1 2003 Mod - [Part 1] with a new update entry:

1.01 - Bug fixes

A couple of fixes for some bugs.

Fixes the bug that the RND area of the teams in driver career mode is not loaded.
• Fixes the bug that updates in MyTeam and Career were only effective for the AI and not for yourself.
• Fixes the bug that the team names are not displayed in the results screen.

You need to download Part 1 and Part 2 for the bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years