F1 2002 Mod [Part 1]

Misc F1 2002 Mod [Part 1] 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Geckarbor5LP submitted a new resource:

F1 2002 Mod [Part 1] - F1 2003 Mod Part 1

Welcome to the F1 2002 Mod for F1 2020.
The mod is created by Gecki Modding Team

View attachment 503087

Thanks to all that are work with me on this project.
You are allowed to use the mod as a base to make your own season mods and to share them.

You need all Parts of this Mod to play it!!
Part 2: uploading...

This mod includes all teams and drivers of the F1 2002 Season + 14 reserve drivers for my team.
Because of the limitation...

Read more about this resource...

Hi! How did you managed to have the same classic chassis 10 times? When I tryed to use it more than once the game crashes. Maybe is related to the erp files, seems that you created new ones instead of the default ones

Hi! How did you managed to have the same classic chassis 10 times? When I tryed to use it more than once the game crashes. Maybe is related to the erp files, seems that you created new ones instead of the default ones
Park Young Lee made the original files, but I can upload a video where I show how the car models can be exchanged using the modular mods.

Park Young Lee made the original files, but I can upload a video where I show how the car models can be exchanged using the modular mods.
Oh so then modular mods is the key. Now I understand. I already saw some tutorials about modular mods and how to install mods but the problem for me was that I didn't know how to make my own ones using it. If you once make one I will give it a mega-like (sadly can only be a normal like). Thanks for answering.

Hello,
I would love to ask you a few questions.
First which mod do you think is a bit better F2003 or F2002 ?
I am reading through instructions and looks like F2002 mod has issues in Suzuka with AI right ? And we should not race on Vietnam circuit or game will crash right ?

1/ Is there possibility to use the skins from your F2003 mod for 2nd season when season 2002 from your mod F2002 ends and next season starts ?
2/ If your answer to 2nd question is no. Than I will have to do it the hard way. Play one season in F2002 mod , than isntall the F2003 mod and in 2nd season in F2003 mod use this skins for 2004 year https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2004-skinpack-for-f1-2003-mod.42618/

Anyway keep up the good work. I like both F2002 and F2003 mod. Really love them and I only started to use them like 2 days ago.

Thank you and hope those issues with AI on Suzuka race and Vietnam circuit can be fixed for that F2002 mod.

Hello,
I would love to ask you a few questions.
First which mod do you think is a bit better F2003 or F2002 ?
I am reading through instructions and looks like F2002 mod has issues in Suzuka with AI right ? And we should not race on Vietnam circuit or game will crash right ?

1/ Is there possibility to use the skins from your F2003 mod for 2nd season when season 2002 from your mod F2002 ends and next season starts ?
2/ If your answer to 2nd question is no. Than I will have to do it the hard way. Play one season in F2002 mod , than isntall the F2003 mod and in 2nd season in F2003 mod use this skins for 2004 year https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/2004-skinpack-for-f1-2003-mod.42618/

Anyway keep up the good work. I like both F2002 and F2003 mod. Really love them and I only started to use them like 2 days ago.

Thank you and hope those issues with AI on Suzuka race and Vietnam circuit can be fixed for that F2002 mod.
The error in the 2002 mod with Suzuka unfortunately exists exactly the same in the 2003 mod. The problem is that I have changed the physics of the game so that your tires lose a lot of grip if you suddenly accelerate on gras. Before the tunnel in Suzuka, Codemasters made the mistake of putting the real AI line in, but not lengthening the kerb like in real life, which means that the AI is constantly sliding into the gravel there. Unfortunately, this will not be possible to fix. Unfortunately, we don't know ourselves where the problems with Vietnam come from, as the circuit has not been changed. Nevertheless, according to my testers in MyTeam, the game crashes when loading.

2003 pack for the 2002 mod should follow in the next few hours. As well as a track skins update for Melbourne and rain tire physics.
In addition, an update with classic sponsors as a selection in MyTeam and the 2003 MyTeam Skins are also added.

Which mod is better? That is difficult to answer. 2003 currently has more track skins, but less good helmets and the driver nationalities are wrong. Furthermore, 2003-Mod does not have an adapted HUD and the classic engine manufacturers are missing for the MyTeam mode.

The error in the 2002 mod with Suzuka unfortunately exists exactly the same in the 2003 mod. The problem is that I have changed the physics of the game so that your tires lose a lot of grip if you suddenly accelerate on gras. Before the tunnel in Suzuka, Codemasters made the mistake of putting the real AI line in, but not lengthening the kerb like in real life, which means that the AI is constantly sliding into the gravel there. Unfortunately, this will not be possible to fix. Unfortunately, we don't know ourselves where the problems with Vietnam come from, as the circuit has not been changed. Nevertheless, according to my testers in MyTeam, the game crashes when loading.

2003 pack for the 2002 mod should follow in the next few hours. As well as a track skins update for Melbourne and rain tire physics.
In addition, an update with classic sponsors as a selection in MyTeam and the 2003 MyTeam Skins are also added.

Which mod is better? That is difficult to answer. 2003 currently has more track skins, but less good helmets and the driver nationalities are wrong. Furthermore, 2003-Mod does not have an adapted HUD and the classic engine manufacturers are missing for the MyTeam mode.
Thank you very much for the information.

One more thing. I set AI difficulty to 15 for now as last time I played F1 game was like 8 years back :D
So getting back to it.
But I was in a race where I started at last position and managed to get to position 7 but from position 7 I was not able to get higher bcs drivers in front of me were like 40-50 seconds away ? Is this possible ? It was Raikonen and Couldhard and I was trying my best to catch them for like 20 laps but the time was even bigger to like 1 minute and something.

Could there be some bug which is making "in that era top cars" go faster as hell ?
The same for qualifying I was 2-3 seconds late after the first guy.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the information.

One more thing. I set AI difficulty to 15 for now as last time I played F1 game was like 8 years back :D
So getting back to it.
But I was in a race where I started at last position and managed to get to position 7 but from position 7 I was not able to get higher bcs drivers in front of me were like 40-50 seconds away ? Is this possible ? It was Raikonen and Couldhard and I was trying my best to catch them for like 20 laps but the time was even bigger to like 1 minute and something.

Could there be some bug which is making "in that era top cars" go faster as hell ?
The same for qualifying I was 2-3 seconds late after the first guy.
The gaps were bigger back then and that's how I portrayed it. The AI is, because many wanted it, about 15 AI points stronger than in the normal game. This can happen quickly because of these things. But if you drive enough, that will certainly change soon. But with a midfielder or backbencher car, it will be difficult to catch up with the top teams, even at low levels, because of the large gaps between them at the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 85
I appreciate your work to bring some of the best years in modern F1 to this game.
I have two questions:
1. Do l mean to install the MOD 2002 files on top of a vanilla F1 2020 installation?
2. Am I able to go straight ahead to do a race or to my team, time trial etc. without doing name changer steps?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 67 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years