AMS2 F1 2001 @ Interlagos, Tuesday 24th January

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
ss154706.jpg

Join us Tuesday for a 2001 Race Odyssey, where we take the awesome F1 V10s to Interlagos for two sprint races. These are the most modern 22 year old race cars we're ever likely to race in our Tuesday race club. They are just the right blend of sopshisticated electronics and raw power - featuring TC and 800+ hp in a very drivable package.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 F1 2001
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup.
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X2 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Auto Clutch, Factory Defaults
Track: Interlagos GP
Cars: Formula V10 Gen2

F1 2001 liveries
20230118165235_1.jpg

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table
Race 1.
Practice: 20:00 UTC (30minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 20:40 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying: 21:10 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 21:20 UTC (25 minutes)
ss155054.jpg

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

1. Redvaliant
  2. Bas Kriesels
  3. Jimlaad43
  4. Munkyboo
  5. Reefabus
  6. Axel Moebius
  7. GeekyDeaks
  8. ABOE UK
  9. Enzo Fazzi
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
ss150259.jpg

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun on the practice server doing laps.
With the traction control adjustment, is a higher number more TC or less?

Yeah, these cars are amazing, I can't believe we haven't used them before - I always looked at those stupid grooved tyres and the narrow chassis and thought NO! But these may be better than the ealier 90s V10s. And the higher TC # relates to higher TC interaction. It works, as I tried 0 - to 10 and it's quite noticable how much you can lean on the TC out of the medium speed corners. You can hear the engine cut too as well as the TC icon flashing on the large speedo hud. I settled on 2-5 during my practice time.

Last edited:
F1 cars are massively underused in club racing in general. They just don't seem popular even when it's the most followed Motorsport and most recognisable. Perhaps the many setup options or supposed "difficulty" of driving them scare people off, but a good old-fashioned long pit stop strategy race at 200mph is really what we should all be striving for. I'd absolutely love to do a race with the 2022 F1 clones, or these 2001 ones around the contemporary Silverstone layout of the time for example.
That, or use Simracing to give us a chance to try F1 cars on non-F1 tracks. We tried the 2012 cars around the Thai Buriram Circuit on rFactor 2 Club and it was great because everyone fell in love with the circuit and would all pretty much support it entering the F1 calendar.

Drive some of the F1 cars from this century on some non-F1 tracks and see if there's something you think might work. I know Goiania was a particularly thrilling option on AMS1 for example, and maybe you'll find that F1 at Daytona for example ends up as a super popular club race evening!

I need to get over my own bias in regards modern open wheelers. As most would know from racing with us on Tuesdays, I much prefer older, non-assist cars with H pattern gears and period correct handling. I thought the modern cars - GT3s & F1 - would get used on the Thursday and Sunday AMS2 sessions, but that never proved the case. With Guido giving up hosting on Thursdays, we are now down to me & Bram on Fridays. I may put something up on the following Thursdays - that I wont attend - just to have it continue, so maybe a modern F1 race can be hosted then?

Last edited:
Honestly, if Guido is going, I'd suggest if you want his day of races to continue to move it to Wednesdays, as there seems to be less crossover between AMS2 and AC racers than AMS2 and rF2 racers. But it's up to you of course.

Hmmm, I'll post in his thread after their Thrs race and see what ppl want to do. The clash with Thrs rf2 has really been about two historic content races on the same night. If I continue the Thrs AMS2 races it'll only be modern cars and probably fixed setups.

Nice race, i enjoy F1 cars a lot generally, and seem to do better in them compared to older cars that dont have much downforce

@Jimlaad43
Sorry if you got damage here in T1 when you caught me, I dont believe i felt an impact in game so i looked at replay and sure enough Im nowhere near you and am slowing down to make the turn as made a too tight inside line, but you received a disproportionately hard knock as in the screenshots from Daniel's perspective below. (the first screenshot is at the moment of impact) While im unaffected.

Usually with my 400 ping or so i can have close racing with you guys across the world without issues like this. Theres only some jerky movements sometimes which others have said but something like this rarely happens and could also be to do with the AMS2 multiplayer issues with or without higher ping as ive seen it happen to others too.

20230125093534_1.jpg

20230125093539_1.jpg

20230125093542_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%