Skins F1 1998 Skin Mod

Hello to all, who belong to this community full of great talents.

This thread is created with the purpose of making known my current
situation before this MOD. And have your opinion.

1998 Skin MOD will only come out when the sound of cars is updated or created.

I tried to be as faithful as possible, only lack finish the maclaren.
Full crew, helmets and drivers faces, I just do not intend make suits because
I think it has less impact than helmets.It can be done later.

2,4 and 8K

I'm curious if 8k runs well on your systems, because in my
old FX3850 with the R390 8G and 16G ram gives 60fps to 1920x1080 full graphics.

cars
1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
14.jpg
16.jpg
18.jpg
20.jpg

P.S. I do not want to press, I'm a little anxious

P.S.S. Your effort is contagious.

I finally completed Mod, ;) but after finishing the last car (mclaren) I noticed
That the gradients get horrible in dxt format and that even at 4K 32bpp
Improves the gradients and nullifies the artifacts in the lines.
I have 3 examples, 2 with 87mb to decide which one to apply in the mod, the other I am
Think of making available in mediafire to anyone who wants to do renders or what
to intend.:thumbsup:
8K_dxt.jpg
4K_32bpp.jpg
8K_32bpp.jpg

Since only in 32bpp the Mclaren is in conditions,
It does not make sense to only make this skin in this format, I would like to know if there is a difference in the performance of the game between dxt and 32 bpp, both with the same 87mb.
I do not want to create an unplayable mod.
If anyone knows of this difference please give your opinion.

These skins are incredible. Brings back memories of Geoff Crammonds GP3 which was released in 2000, but based on the 1998 season. 1998 was such a classic year in F1, feels like yesterday, hard to believe almost 20 years have passed.

Thank you for painting these skins, would be nice to add them to AC one day

Bellissimo

The simplest way to fix the sound issue is to use the old 'mod_bank', without CM or some other mod manager just download this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4vijz319ogvrug/sfx.7z?dl=0

put it in your "...assettocorsa\content\sfx" folder and when you want to use the old 'broken sound' cars just put the files of the 'mod_bank' into the sfx folder and vice versa

I had this work around long before I got CM mostly just for the MP4-13's epic sound.

Your skins look amazing, thanks!

Hello to everyone

I have to start by thanking all compliment for mod skins 1998. As you may have realized, I like to do as perfect as I can, and with as many details as possible.
When I have a mod available I no longer intend to update, so I spend a lot of time testing and reviewing to nobody come tell me something is missing.

When missing the last skin, I asked who made the cars, if they were going to update them, because it was only with the cars in conditions (sound, tires, etc.) that the work was justified, especially the time that I would spend to make the helmets, the faces and the crew.
Said they were currently busy with other things but had updating the mods during this year. I went forward, and was not going to make it available until the cars were updated. After creating a career,I put up with this work all for myself and I thought, that provide the mod is motivation to upgrade the cars.

It took me about a year to finish, running the risk of being left unused for such beautiful races that all this
work does.
Try to understand, I am a family man and I have my job and I lost many nights until 3 o'clock, 4 o'clock in the morning, I would love to do many of these, but I will wait until the end of the year. Just with an update of the cars I will feel motivated to get another one of this level.

For those who realize skins, I use Photoshop just to create dds files, the composition is done in Corel Draw with everything vectorized, even that which does not exist I draw in vectors, so I can create of an almost infinite dimension.
You can say it's crazy but it's like I've always done it since 1992 with Corel 4.
It's with Corel that I work every day and feel free to do anything.

Thank you so much for this absolute amazing Skin mod. 1998 is my alletime favorite f1 seasons. Now i can play it in assetto corsa. Thanks for your hard and amazing work!!!!!

Attachments

• 20170924123354_1.jpg
    20170924123354_1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 590
  • 20170924165606_1.jpg
    20170924165606_1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 590
  • 20170925211234_1.jpg
    20170925211234_1.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 593

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?