Resource icon

Misc F1 1997 Season Mod Part 1 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
miki2000milos submitted a new resource:

F1 1997 Season Mod Part 1 - It's finally here - A completely new game experience

:::::::::::1997 MOD:::::::::::
The most epic season mod you've ever seen!

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who got involved in making this mod. This might not be so important for others, but these guys gave me a lot of help:
Big thanks to:
@airutonpurosuto8912 for the steering wheels, and driver pictures
@Millsy24 for his Old Silverstone mod, which I used here
@Jarvis , for testing out the AI pace against player and the handling model
@remydeleeuw, for...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
looks like the credits don't work in the overview section :D
@airutonpurosuto8912 for the steering wheels, and driver pictures, also the Prost skin
@Millsy24 for his Old Silverstone mod, which I used here
@Jarvis , for testing out the AI pace against player and the handling model
@remydeleeuw, for letting me know how to use the ryder bxml converter, and also for trying to help me with AI stalls at the start (which unlike F1 2012 didn't work)
@Geckarbor5LP, for the base textures of Sauber, McLaren, and Jordan.
@Steven Poirier for helmets, and later pitcrew, racecrew and driver suits once I convert them from F1 2012 and add them in part 2
@Matt Drummond, for letting me use his 7 tracks mod.
@Melphiz, for the NO DRS mod for F1 2013 that works on this game too.

Last edited:
Oh, something I forgot to mention in the desc of the mod:
It is important that you run the car in LEAN revs if it's raining. @Jarvis strongly recommended this. :D

well I hate posting multiple times, but I forgot to mention that going to RACE ONLY can get you a strange grid. You could even see a Minardi on pole!
It is recommended to NOT use the RACE ONLY option in the race weekend, but run qualifying, even if it's one-shot.
Full qualifying is also not recommended, as in real life in this era there were no Q1, Q2, Q3, just 1 60-minute quali session where you can do 12 laps.

if you spot any bugs, then drop them here below.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry for my bad english. I have some problem.
Name of more driver is: ?? ??

2j44ivb.png

And in some circuit, for example Imola, Brands, Jerez the game crash. It's normal?

I see you have the Italian language file, rename the mod's language_eng.lng in the language folder to language_ita.lng

about the crashes, not sure tbh, have you copied the database and tracks folders?

EDIT: Also the driver helmet shouldn't be on the right of that picture. Looks like I forgot to upload the file, damn..

Last edited:
you guys who have the F1 2013 tracks crashing, can you try out something please? As for me it's not crashing so I have no idea if I fixed the issue or not.

- Open database.bin in the database folder, using the EGO database editor
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ego-database-editor.75377/
Make sure you also downloaded the schema for F1 2014!
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/schemaf12014-for-ede.3640/
- On the left you should see some things one below other. Scroll down and find the track_model row. Double-click
- Now, on the right of that left bar, something should've just poped up. Scroll a bit to the right in here, try and look for the column named folder_string. In that column, for the very last row, change this to "texas" (no capital letter)
- Save your new database
- Go to the track folder, create a new folder called "texas"
- Open the circuits folder inside the tracks folder, and move the "Brands" folder into the "texas" folder.
- Open the game and fire up Argentina, see if it doesn't crash

note: I think all your setups for Austin Texas will be available to use here.

I'm not sure if this will work, but try it..

works fine for me, this is GP mode and not TT
F1_2014 2015-03-30 21-44-29-318.jpg

it's actually funny how we are playing the same F1 2014 and some people are having really weird mod issues that I didn't have. I have no idea how to help you as for me it works just fine.

Did you install the mod on a completely clean install of F1 2014, this means no other mods installed etc.
Perhaps try this, but don't edit it for Brands, but for Nurburgring instead:
- Open database.bin in the database folder, using the EGO database editor
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ego-database-editor.75377/
Make sure you also downloaded the schema for F1 2014!
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/schemaf12014-for-ede.3640/
- On the left you should see some things one below other. Scroll down and find the track_model row. Double-click
- Now, on the right of that left bar, something should've just poped up. Scroll a bit to the right in here, try and look for the column named folder_string. In that column, for the very last row, change this to "texas" (no capital letter)
- Save your new database
- Go to the track folder, create a new folder called "texas"
- Open the circuits folder inside the tracks folder, and move the "Brands" folder into the "texas" folder.
- Open the game and fire up Argentina, see if it doesn't crash

note: I think all your setups for Austin Texas will be available to use here.

I'm not sure if this will work, but try it..

well i testet the new tracks in timetrail and only nürb was not working...Imola Brands Jerez and Delhi are working
alright mate, I spotted the issue. I forgot to upload yet another file, I forgot to upload the Nurburgring track.. *facepalm* well, that was embarassing
Get the 5 additional tracks mod, install that and then install this mod. It should work after that.

you can copy it from the tracks folder, but then you have to copy the one from my mod again to disable DRS.

or you can wait, I'll update part 2 with the Nurburgring track added

Last edited:
alright mate, I spotted the issue. I forgot to upload yet another file, I forgot to upload the Nurburgring track.. *facepalm* well, that was embarassing
Get the 5 additional tracks mod, install that and then install this mod. It should work after that.

you can copy it from the tracks folder, but then you have to copy the one from my mod again to disable DRS.

or you can wait, I'll update part 2 with the Nurburgring track added
well that cann happen it's no big deal thanks for the helf mate!! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%