Resource icon

Misc F1 1997 Season Mod Part 1 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Manual pitstops in the mod=confirmed?
F1_2014 2015-06-25 22-06-00-669.jpg

come on guys get my car fixed up!

okay.. not really. It's the Imola glitch, it exists on this mod too. You just have to touch that red barrier the corner before the final chicane, and just hope as it starts glitching it sends you inside it not upside down.
F1_2014 2015-06-25 21-59-40-825.jpg

I also sort of managed to get a copy of the Massa-Arrivabene accident, just not in the actual cars and teams
F1_2014 2015-06-25 22-07-45-267.jpg

you can go try it yourself!

saw some amazing track updates over here, definetly worth a check to enhance the experience of the mod :)
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/catalunya-sponsor-update-for-1997-spanish-gp.6861/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/monaco-sponsor-update-for-1997-monaco-gp.6844/
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/imola-sponsor-update-for-1997-san-marino-gp.109001/

I wanted to make the track updates myself but I didn't have enough time :( I also wanted to use F1 2012 track updates but the logos kept going black and the tarmac was also very dark (I would've asked for permission after I saw it works, of course)

I'll add the links in post 1 too

Hi all,

first of all i must say i love 90's content, especially 94-99 and a bit of 2001 as well:)
So thank you a lot for bringing season 1997 to this game!

My question is:
when i select a grand prix mode and a team, then all drivers portraits are all correct.
But when i started a career, then my teammate's name is from 1997 and portrait is from 2014. Tried with several teams - same result.
Also, the second race in career mode is Bahrain, while in "season challenge" everything is fine.

Maybe i missed something? Or mod works correctly only in "season challenge", not in career mode?

P.S. by the way, i play on xbox 360 gamepad, and it works fine for me (with the fix provided)...
I do have a wheel though (driving force GT) but currently in this game i have more fun with gamepad.

I think I made only long career good, short also should provide the first 7 races only so I guess you chose medium, which might be the reason you have Bahrain :thumbsup:
Can't remember what I did with season challenge

yes I am aware of the 2014 pics in the career menus, I don't know where these files are located..

• Deleted member 161052

But when i started a career, then my teammate's name is from 1997 and portrait is from 2014. Tried with several teams - same result.
It's because that all driver portraits from the b_driver frontend folder in the mod hasn't been changed. I have changed it in my 1997 Mod New Driver Pictures and b_driver picture fixes and I'll be sure to upload it :D
I shouldn't forget to do the alternate Minardi driver pictures :D

you mean with the mid-season driver changes (ex. Larini->Morbidelli and Berger->Wurz) and tobacco/non-tobacco skins?
I remember the 2007 mod had this so called optional content.

Maybe but as I said I can't edit anything at the moment, and I also need the extra driver helmets too as I'm no helmet maker lol

Last edited:
Wow, that was fast!
Thanks for quick replies!:thumbsup:

I have changed it in my 1997 Mod New Driver Pictures and b_driver picture fixes

Could you please upload the fix? Just yesterday bought 2014, installed the mod and decided to play career, but after finishing 1st race decided i did something wrong and started to play with mods and fixes instead:)

yes I am aware of the 2014 pics in the career menus, I don't know where these files are located..
Sure, no worries, you already did fantastic job!

Maybe you have a list of drivers/teams to quickly check what driver replaces someone in 2014? Might be helpful...

Ferrari, and McLaren are the same as 2014
Jordan is Force India
Arrows is Mercedes
Benetton is Caterham
Prost is Sauber
Sauber should be Toro Rosso
Williams should be Red Bull
Stewart is Marussia
Tyrell is Williams
Minardi is Lotus

• Deleted member 161052

Could you please upload the fix? Just yesterday bought 2014, installed the mod and decided to play career, but after finishing 1st race decided i did something wrong and started to play with mods and fixes instead:)
Soon ;)
F1_2014 2015-08-05 17-21-15-71.jpg
F1_2014 2015-08-05 17-21-16-74.jpg
F1_2014 2015-08-05 17-21-21-42.jpg
F1_2014 2015-08-05 17-21-25-69.jpg
F1_2014 2015-08-05 17-21-26-61.jpg
F1_2014 2015-08-05 17-21-31-14.jpg
F1_2014 2015-08-05 17-21-31-96.jpg

Thank you Milos!
I was more guessing abt drivers though..

Airutonpurosuto8912 - Looks great, though my main concern was that in career mode drivers are from 2014)))
Will wait for your update!

Last edited:
Well, i started a career and run out of fuel on 46th lap out of 59 being on 3rd position for Sauber.. That was a surprise for me that i have to manually manage fuel consumption and cant refuel mid race (yeah, i wasnt watching f1 quite a while so wasnt aware they canceled refuelling). My biggest frustration was that i even didnt knew that i am running on rich fuel. So when mechanic told me "run on lean fuel" i had no idea what was he talking about. Only when i found out that i am totally out of fuel, then i discovered on forums that there actually are controls for changing the fuel consumption..

Ok, not big deal. I decided thats like in real life - racer was too much into race and forgot to refuel)) Alesi did it once, why couldnt i, the rookie?))

What really worries me that after 46 laps out of 59 its only 1 car thats DNF - and it was Heinz Harald Frentzen and im pretty sure its because i somehow collided with him.

My question is - do all cars usually finish race in this mod? They dont collide with each other or have mechanical problems?
Cause having only 1 car DNF in a full race is quite unrealistic and also leave no chances for weaker cars at all... Or maybe i mistaken and there is any chance to fix this?
AI is "intermediate" and car damage "Full" if that could be of any help

Thanks!

If you want to know how, download 1994 mod for 2012 and check the database. It was set up as realistic as possible with the same amount of mechanical issues.
So for a good mod to have it included, you need to check every stat of every race and write down which driver had how many tyre issues, broken brakes etc. everything the database has options for, and then you need to calculate the correct value for the database. It's quite some work, believe me, but it's worth it.

Also did you adjust the pit times? Like increasing as they'd have refueled their cars which takes more amount of time than just changing tyres.

So for a good mod to have it included, you need to check every stat of every race and write down which driver had how many tyre issues, broken brakes etc. everything the database has options for, and then you need to calculate the correct value for the database. It's quite some work, believe me, but it's worth it.
oh that! Alright!

Also did you adjust the pit times? Like increasing as they'd have refueled their cars which takes more amount of time than just changing tyres.
as of F1 2013 they hard coded the pitstop times. On F1 2012 this was changable in the database but not after. It was scripted in the exe file.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back