Resource icon

Misc F1 1997 Season Mod Part 1 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
have you installed the mod on a complete vanilla version of the game?
Yes.
I have change this?

2k4vue.png

Great mod, but i have the same problems with the new tracks, allready did a clean install but still nothing. The strange thing is the tracks are working in time trial but not in grand prix mode

GREAT MOD! this remind me of playing Grand Prix 3 (although that was 1998 :D)
there are some minor improvements to be made to be a perfect mod!
First of all, (and I don't know if it's possible, but) it would be great to see the 10 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 point system. And the car numbers of McLaren aren't right?? I thought they are supposed to be 9 and 10, but on the car they have 5 and 6. Also I had a giant bug at the Italian grand prix in GP mode that everyone has 20 sec time penalty, I don't think that's normal haha.

Again: VERY GREAT MOD!

The older tracks doesn't work for me too. But the 7 additional tracks mod doesn't work as well in my game, so I don't think it's your mods problem. But does anyone know what the real problem is?

GREAT MOD! this remind me of playing Grand Prix 3 (although that was 1998 :D)
there are some minor improvements to be made to be a perfect mod!
First of all, (and I don't know if it's possible, but) it would be great to see the 10 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 point system. And the car numbers of McLaren aren't right?? I thought they are supposed to be 9 and 10, but on the car they have 5 and 6. Also I had a giant bug at the Italian grand prix in GP mode that everyone has 20 sec time penalty, I don't think that's normal haha.
The number system isn't possible as far as I know.
and McLaren.. well.. haven't updated it at all from Geckarbor's 2003 version. I have that planned in the future!

The penalty is indeed very weird :roflmao: First time I heard that, try disabling the penalties and it'll surely work.

about the tracks, I'll have a look, again I don't know what's wrong

well after some driving ^^ the mod works very well i must say ai is balanced indry conditions (not testet wet yet) maybe you can do the ai more agressive i think and maybe some stuff that they can brake to late and spun out or make crashes to each other (only an opinion :thumbsup: )

but i can say very good mod!! :thumbsup:

I didn't want to include any other AI mods, you can if you want.

I made the AI equal to player in the wet, unlike the original where you are 2-3 seconds a lap slower now you should be equal or slower by a tenth or two using a wet setup.

anyway, for those who's game was crashing I updated part 2 with a fix!

I was playing around with the mod, testing some tracks!
Brands, Monaco and Dehli worked fine for me, then I tried San Marino and the game just shut down... I don't know what the problem is though.

But most important: It is amazing what you've accomplished. Keep up the awesome work mate!

maybe cuz it was extracted from the .nfs file?

You did try the crashing fix right? It should change the main menu thumbnails but it should work.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 295 13.4%