F1 1996 D&R

Cars F1 1996 D&R 1.04

Login or Register an account to download this content
both. i am trying out some adjustments currently for the sauber and benetton, and I am doing all my testing at suzuka ^^
I think the car's wings are a touch high on these models which still looks fine, doesn't bother me at all.
The car riding on the ground or the base plate disappearing into the track under braking or high downforce situations takes a lot away from the the car.

Try the Williams at -0.0365 or -0.0370 instead of the -.0440 suggested, this gives the car a good natural look from all angles.

here is a new link with your mclaren + williams changes as well as benetton/sauber fix. https://mega.nz/#!gixBwSZY!srzR4vTMK5YTwx8K8lakm4swGyDCtYYYMJE1riK-e24
Includes the other cars so the link in the mod description can just be swapped out ^^

i believe jordan will be next on the list for a revise :D
I think as well a lot of my issues are perhaps due to watching the ai instead of my own replay with their simplified physics, perhaps they are stiffer than default and not highlighting the problems.

Last edited:
here is a new link with your mclaren + williams changes as well as benetton/sauber fix. https://mega.nz/#!gixBwSZY!srzR4vTMK5YTwx8K8lakm4swGyDCtYYYMJE1riK-e24
Includes the other cars so the link in the mod description can just be swapped out ^^

i believe jordan will be next on the list for a revise :D
I think as well a lot of my issues are perhaps due to watching the ai instead of my own replay with their simplified physics, perhaps they are stiffer than default and not highlighting the problems.
Just test the Footwork and Jordan, engine plates and diffuser still going into the track running that low.

Footwork: try -0.028 instead of -0.044
Jordan: try -0.026 instead of -0.044

Mclaren, Ferrari and Legier look good, Legier maybe one squeeze up to match the Ferrari And Mclaren.

Last edited:
hi. thank u for your work on this mod.
Could be nice if u make the f1 2000 season mod. i'm sure that will be fantastic!!!!!
From what I've seeing the only F1 2000/01 mods are a couple of years old and even with a conversion and all the extras you would still have a poor 3d model in comparison to this 1996 mod or other good F1 mods. Interiors are also a bit shaky on the models.
Your best option would probably be WCP 2002 which still has similar features to the 2000 series with it's own models but also like this mod uses Reiza physics and tire's.
Cockpits are not great which is the usual with a lot of the older mods.
https://wcp-series.com/collections/cars/products/formula-1-2002-season

Otherwise the 2002 skinpack/mod for Reiza cars is very good.

There's a 2008 and 2012 F1 mod which I converted and did a full update for myself which in my opinion are the best F1 mods out there, based on physics, sounds and 3d model with realistic steering wheels.

Last edited:
@Óscar Melero you should seriously reconsider your review.

To downrate someone because of a stupid little icon is just plain disrespectful.

This is a good conversion and a lot of work goes into these mods.

Rate the mod and not a silly icon which anybody can change including you!

Use the support section for something that is that insignificant to the work gone into the mod.

And just by the way still waiting on the series icon you promised back in June, how many stars should I give you for taking so long for one icon :)
I rated it 4 out of 5 stars. It's my personal rating and by no way it will be conditioned by no other thing than my personal opinion about it.

In my opinion, some mods just brake the whole "feng shui" of Reiza official icons and that counts for me. If I can do an icon, everyone can. I can even do a tutorial for those interested of making one for themselves, or for the modders for an even more polished work.

The mod itself it's great. I didn't say it in the review because I felt it didn't need to be said because it's obvious, I only tell the bad things or the things I believe need to be solved.

And please remember me about that icon, I left RD months ago to study and I don't remember half the things, please understand me. I will happily make you that icon, I've been making them for myself for a long time.

Know one said that he must rate five stars, just looks like he is implying that this is part or his reasoning.
When you are modder you would have a better understanding, people can rate with the strangest of reasoning and sometimes it's not even related.
It's not about my reasoning, it's about my opinion, and that's what it is. I'm not sorry about it. I repeat: I rated 4/5.

I don't dedicate my life to go on all mods and rate them 1/5 or 2/5 asking stupid things or non-sense questions, like I've also seen out there.

I rated it 4/5 just for the icon. It's my opinion and that's how it is. Not trying to harm to anyone with it, trying to push for a nice icon, as it is a nice mod. I find it a little shame.
You are entitled to your opinion which is fair.

As a modder one spends a lot of time on these mods to make them as good as possible for you guys so to see a mod downrated because of a silly little icon is a shame and and does no have any significance to car, certainly does not make the car drive better.

I've stopped uploading and probably will not be uploading new mods here because of the review system and how some people misuse it. I'm not talking about you, just in general.

It's also the forums on this site that is full of people that should be banned in my opinion.

This way I don't have to worry anymore and I have peace.

You are entitled to your opinion which is fair.

As a modder one spends a lot of time on these mods to make them as good as possible for you guys so to see a mod downrated because of a silly little icon is a shame and and does no have any significance to car, certainly does not make the car drive better.

I've stopped uploading and probably will not be uploading new mods here because of the review system and how some people misuse it. I'm not talking about you, just in general.

It's also the forums on this site that is full of people that should be banned in my opinion.

This way I don't have to worry anymore and I have peace.
Firstly,

The icon is part of the mod, as the .srs file. If an .srs file is not well written it can cause incoherence in some points like the opponent filter, which has anything to do with the car handling or quality, but it's part of the whole pack.

The next thing is that I want to highlight the fact that this conversation started for a 4 star review for this mod. A 4 star score started this. Just think of it.

And the last and more important thing: If you know for fact that there are 2 legit non-sense reviews alongside de 28 others which rated you 4 or 5 stars (which is your case because I personally love your mods and you know it), you SHOULDN'T stop uploading for that people and should keep doing your work and get rid of those people reporting it to RD staff.

Please don't stop just for a 5% of people being stupid.

As said before was not talking about you, I've personally gotten a bit tired with everything and it's not just me, there are some good modders that have stopped already due to behaviour on this site.

I see people attacking each other personally, making stupid requests and stuff that most times is not even related to the topic.

RD had to post about this recently because even they think it's gotten out of hand.

Other sites that I upload my work I get requests or suggestions made in a friendly manner, not the case here.

Some think that they need to insult you or attack you first, like that's going to make me want to help.

I'm working on several new mods including my own F1 2018/19 and will see if I want to upload here, maybe things will change. I'm up for change :)

As said before was not talking about you, I've personally gotten a bit tired with everything and it's not just me, there are some good modders that have stopped already due to behaviour on this site.

I see people attacking each other personally, making stupid requests and stuff that most times is not even related to the topic.

RD had to post about this recently because even they think it's gotten out of hand.

Other sites that I upload my work I get requests or suggestions made in a friendly manner, not the case here.

Some think that they need to insult you or attack you first, like that's going to make me want to help.

I'm working on several new mods including my own F1 2018/19 and will see if I want to upload here, maybe things will change. I'm up for change :)
I understand you and I feel sorry about you and about the people who insult everyone who is giving their work for free, for the community.

The thing is I'm also sorry that my rating has triggered this conversation. That's what I meant.

I'm looking forward to anything you do. And also Diego, Patrick, Shaun and Rebellion, among others.

People please: don't quit just for what you know is non-sense. It's not worth it.

Being that said, enough :)

What about that graphical offset value? Which one seems to be the magic number?
Should I laugh now or later, don't you think you would have mentioned it in your review, being that critical to the mod, certainly more than a little icon.

You probably weren't even aware of it at the time.

A bit late to bring it up now, nice try though :)

Last edited:
Should I laugh now or later, don't you think you would have mentioned it in your review, being that critical to the mod, certainly more than a little icon.

You probably weren't even aware of it at the time.

A bit late to bring it up now, nice try though :)
I don't know what you mean with nice try. I'm trying to be friendly here. I just want to know which graphical offset setting seems to be the best for each car.

And please, tell me which icon I promised you, I can't remember it. I want to do it and share it with you and all the people as a download here.

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean with nice try. I'm trying to be friendly here. I just want to know which graphical offset setting seems to be the best for each car.

And please, tell me which icon I promised you, I can't remember it. I want to do it and share it with you and all the people as a download here.
I think Diego and me misunderstood you, we were talking about the reviews and ratings so your reply was seeing as related. My apologies my friend, was no harm intended, makes sense now that I know it's not related. :)

Later today I would have to send you a copy of my offsets because no one is the same.

I've made mine the same or similar to Reiza which in my opinion has the best visual appearance.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back