rF2 F1 1994 @ Salzburgring - Sunday 27th May 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
So that's why I couldn't find the server online. Shame. This series used to attract up to 20 or more drivers per week when it used the 1992 mod and this one drives much better in my opinion.

The funny thing is that it seems people are using rFactor1 less but they are not going to the rF2 servers. It's like everyone is waiting for the ultimate sim to be launched.

If I can make a suggestion, while I like the track selected for this week, it is not a very suitable F1 track. Certainly not a popular one. It could be some people don;t have the time to learn a new track.

This mod actually comes with an entire season worth of tracks. If they are legal (according to RD rules) why not use those and while we are at it, when the actual F1 is racing, why not use the vintage counterpart? I think that would be fun, then we can use the odddball track in the off weeks. Personally, I am more inclined to race if I am doing it at Monaco when the actual F1 circus is there as well. It could be just me....

Well, the track is not such a big thing for me, it can be any track they like. The problem currently is that for both this afternoon and this evening, I have had to inconvenience my wife as she wanted to do stuff today, and we had to cut some of it short, for races which are normally sure things - but the last few weeks this hasn't been the case.

If I cannot bank on this to be available anymore, I will unfortunately not participate in these races again. I know it's a free site and all, but it's still frustrating...:cautious:

I think you should voice your feelings to those that run the site. I've tried very hard today to get these races going, even though I'm quite ill today.
One thing is certain though, it won't be me doing any more race organising.
This whole debacle had been a frustrating comedy of errors, and I feel it has done the good name of RD no good at all, and because I feel my name is part of what has hurt RD, I will be resigning from being staff in the morning

I think you should voice your feelings to those that run the site. I've tried very hard today to get these races going, even though I'm quite ill today.
This whole debacle had been a frustrating comedy of errors, and I feel it has done the good name of RD no good at all, and because I feel my name is part of what has hurt RD, I will be resigning from being staff in the morning
im disapointed but what can you do?

It's a shame to see such a good Staff Member go. Will the events you organised be taken over by someone else?

Just my two pennies......

I've seen the number drop over the last few months. The 207's used to get 20 plus people as did most of the other leagues. I cant see its all down to RF2 as the game is a laggy mess (for now). As part of the F1SR team (who made the mod) we found the best way to keep people in a league is to make it as historic as possible. We've run all our F1 mods the way the real season ran and have all been great. We currently run a GP2 series with our mod and are following the actual F1 season where the GP2 run too.....so this weekend for example we ran at Monaco.
Alot of people like motorsport history so maybe RD need to look at that? :)

Also a funny time of year for racing, i'd rather sit outside a pub with a beer in my hand rather than sitting in my race room :)

Good luck RD, I've enjoyed racing here.

PLUS

Someone from admin really needs to show up for the race events...if they dont i think it gives off the wrong signals.

If you are ill, You are ill. You can't do much about it. You have been a great staff member and a great ambassador for RD. Thank you Chris!

- Paul

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back