rF2 F1 1994 @ Detroit 88 - Sunday 4th March 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My biggest issue is locking brakes, and shifting TOO fast, which causes my rear to spin. :p

So,to confirm, I am in :)

Dewald,Detroit has some bumpy braking/acceleration zones ,so i think everyone will be locking up at some point or another,though braking earlier is better then braking later,until u get comfy with your "sweet spots",but do lower down your brake pressure(i use 88%),which helps with that,also this mod likes more brake to the rear,As for the shifting "too fast"(hopefully i understand you correctly),well that you have to dial out with practice...rear end will "go" when rpms arent "somewhat matched" (on downshift),so you can chiesel that out by starting to shift/downshift earlier therefore alowing more gap between each downshift,as well as adding more wing to the back,even longer gears( 1st,2nd,3rd),ill leave engine mapping for next time:),but in general you can bring it up a click to your current if you lose the end easily..engine mapping has to do with the way the engine retards on downshift

edit: also ,this place is hard on the brakes,so be sure to leave adequate cooling ,otherwise they overheat and u will struggle to stop the car..so just leave a greater hole for the brakes to breath trough

I am glad you decided to join us M8:)

Dewald,Detroit has some bumpy braking/acceleration zones ,so i think everyone will be locking up at some point or another,though braking earlier is better then braking later,until u get comfy with your "sweet spots",but do lower down your brake pressure(i use 88%),which helps with that,also this mod likes more brake to the rear,As for the shifting "too fast"(hopefully i understand you correctly),well that you have to dial out with practice...rear end will "go" when rpms arent "somewhat matched" (on downshift),so you can chiesel that out by starting to shift/downshift earlier therefore alowing more gap between each downshift,as well as adding more wing to the back,even longer gears( 1st,2nd,3rd),ill leave engine mapping for next time:),but in general you can bring it up a click to your current if you lose the end easily..engine mapping has to do with the way the engine retards on downshift

edit: also ,this place is hard on the brakes,so be sure to leave adequate cooling ,otherwise they overheat and u will struggle to stop the car..so just leave a greater hole for the brakes to breath trough

I am glad you decided to join us M8:)

You guys are great :) that shows that I am thinking in the right way, because I am already working on getting my downshifting as you say - earier, but longer, and to read this now means I am getting the hang of it.

My first flying lap with Martin's setup - 1m 40.834, lol:
427626_10150582034718519_641568518_8887449_1343563021_n.jpg

Now looking forward to practicing, and getting used to the circuit more, seeing as I am still a crappy driver!

Can I change my car to the 2nd Benetton please? I know the physics/engines are the same, but it's my favorite car, maybe it will help me handle it with care!

OK I will, cheers! Down to a 1:39.6 now, right after a 1:40.2 and a 1:40.1, so getting consistent now... It's very much more addictive than driving with aids I tell ya, because there are some things I want to improve every lap, so many more things.

Dewald,Detroit has some bumpy braking/acceleration zones ,so i think everyone will be locking up at some point or another,though braking earlier is better then braking later,until u get comfy with your "sweet spots",but do lower down your brake pressure(i use 88%),which helps with that,also this mod likes more brake to the rear

I think the bad habit I got from driving with aids is slamming the brakes at every corner, which causes the lockups, even if I break early. But getting better...

My apologies for not turning up to a couple of races I signed up for. Had some computer issues that took a while to fix. Working now though and will be in tonight. As Benettons appear to be taken I'll turn up in Brundle's McLaren. So far managed a 1:35.3

I am not sure if I will be there. I had installed the FSOne 2008 mod on my desktop PC, and about 5 resp. 20 mins into playing, I got 2 bluescreens. Now I try to find out why. Don't know if I can solve it...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 266 13.6%