rF2 F1 1993 @ Road America - Wed May 19th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Ivo I think there might be something wrong with this track.

Myself, Jam Somers and Robert Woodward have each just done a qualifying run, after we had each completed 2 laps and then pressed escape after crossing the finish line as per usual, the timing screen shows 4/3 laps completed when it should only read 2/3 and DQ's the times, something is wrong with the qualifying phase.

This could be an issue that will effect the race tonight, especially the qualifying if it is a track bug, I don't know what else it could be to be honest :confused:

Stu

Guy's I've just had message, I've gotta go out shortly, I doubt I'll be back for 19:00 so at this time count me out of this one. See you all at the next race, be easier when they are on Sunday's :D

Stu

Race 2 I blew my engine from 3rd position with about 2 laps left, having a great battle with Tony, I alt tabbed and couldnt get back in so had 2 quit.

I made loads of mistakes in Race 1 it was like a warmup for race 2 where I didnt put a foot wrong and was holding off Tony (a first for me:D) and gaining on Nick, my engine blew changing down into turn 1, it wasnt really aggressive but I suppose the engine was hot, I love this mod, how about a league Ivo ?

Was a bit late but turned up for race two, had a poor qualifying losing the front wing. Not sure why but throttle seemed a lot sharper in server than offline practising. :S

In the race had an awefull start, lit up the rear wheels and span into Robert, Really sorry for that tried to recover from being last but in end was pushing too much and went of lost front wing, Pitted and from there was on my own circling. Lost front wing again final lap. Bit of a shocker for me, had hoped I would go well as I normally enjoy Road America lots.

Thanks guys for racing and thanks to Ivo for hosting :).

1st race i won, dont know how they gave it to me but i took it.

2nd race actually finished 2nd ( started last ) so that spot is yours Martin, well done.
even when Martin had couple mistakes, didnt go for it, because felt unsafe, specially at the back straight.
after that decided that im going to just force you to error but that didnt work neither! actually couple laps before
you blew your engine, you were starting to put some gap again.

very good result for me concidering wastnt even close to the fastest guys, second off in the race or so,but
didnt make mistakes so there you go.

well done all.

No room for it Martin. :)

Good racing tonight. Not a big grid like last week but that doesnt change the racing.

Race 1 got 3th with a nice battle with Toni and Toby. To bad i had medium on. Because they where horrible.

Race 2: Again i lose all FF in the second race off F1 93. Weird stuff. Ctrl F did the trick. But already lost my wing. so needed to pit. Lonely race but managed to close the gap to Jan from 55 to 10. There i raced for. :)

Next race is back on the old Sunday. Sunday 30th of May to exactly. :)

phew that was great!
1st race: wrecked the car at the start, no worries lee i think we were both hit by the same lag spike
2nd race: same lag spike at the start but i survived for the 20 minutes for which i am proud of myself :)

Did anyone else get lag spikes at the start or races? Factor said my ping was 30-50 so under the lag zone so i dont understand what happened, or maybe it was the graphics?

I’m really glad that I have try this cars, great to drive, just tried the 1 first version long time ago and I don’t liked them at that time, so never downloaded them anymore until now.

Road America suits very well to these ones and first race went very good, finishing in 4th with Nic Cole with a 0,039 sec behind. In the last’s laps I was improving my fastest lap on almost everyone, but he still was closing on me, until we finish almost side by side.

Next one, still don’t understand what happened, everything look right but in the first corner the car just go in front and I hit the barriers and break the suspension, just finish there.

Overall, for first event with these cars, it went very well.

Guy's I'm gutted I had to miss another event due to having to go out, only just having come back in :frown: however when the races move to Sunday's that will solve the problem!

Out of interest, what was the pole time and fastest race laps ... just wondering what my pace would have been like as I was doing mid 1:39.5's earlier on today with a qualifying setup and 1:40.5's with a pretty good race setup :confused:

Stu

Great night for me, also had a setup that really worked well around this track.

Quali 1: Was the last one to go out. Sector 1 I saw I was 0.1 seconds up on Ivo for the lead, which made me nervous. Sector 2, I lost a little bot of time and was 0.05 seconds behind, and then I crossed the line and I was first by over a second! :eek: I'm guessing there was a problem in the last sector for Ivo but nonetheless that was my first Pole Position at RD! I did a 37.2 which wasn't my best.

Race 1: Got a slow start and dropped to fourth. Got alongside Toby going into Turn 3 where we bumped wheels and he kept the position. Followed him for most of the lap until I got three corners from the end where I out-braked myself and hit the wall, damaging my suspension. Recovered but was back in 8th. Lap 3 I ran wide in the braking zone to turn 3 because of the damages suspension. Knocked my front wing off but I think it straightened the steering again. However went straight on at the corner I went off on in lap 1 and had to reverse back onto track. Tried to pull away again but engine blew and race was over.

Quali 2: Didn't do a good lap and was down in 6th.

Race 2: Made a good start and was fourth with Toni right on my tail. On lap 2 he slid down the inside at turn 1 where we touched wheels and I managed to hold the position. At turn 2, he tried down the inside again and got through, only to run wide. I cut back up the inside and we were side-by-side down to turn 3, where he got the better of me. Made a mistake a few laps later at the penultimate corner which wrecked my suspension but was able to not lose much time to Toni. A couple of laps from the end I crashed again and damaged the suspension even more but made the steering go in the other direction. Made a spin before the long right hander and managed to get going before Jan got past. Tried to stay ahead of him but came across a slow moving car at the last turn. Moved ahead of it but due to the steering I had to be light with the throttle so he got back past. Down the straight he was slow so I had to keep to the right and was struggling big time to keep it out of the wall. In the end I managed to beat Jan over the line and take fourth place.

Thanks to Ivo, RD, and all those I battled with. :D

First qualifying would have netted me 2nd if I hadn't fallen foul of the hotlap bug and been dqed for doing the first sector of the next lap.

Race one gave me so much hope for race 2, despite it being a shocking start where I was facing backwards after the first 100m. But I had so much pace it felt amazing, and the last few laps desperately trying to haul in Sergio was some of the best i've ever done in an rF race. :) Also noted that I was catching the leaders too, so I had high hopes for a race win in Race 2.

Second qualifying was perfect, utterly nailed the lap and got into the high 1:34s for my first proper pole position on RD. :)

Second race was basically me following Toby about 1 second - 1.5 seconds behind for most of the first 10 minutes, then he utterly crushed me by visibly making mistakes in front of me but somehow managing to grow the gap to about 3 seconds. After that I started making mistakes and he just sod off into the distance. Resigned myself to second, which I promptly lost on the last lap when my car wouldn't slow down for a corner and I smashed it into the wall. Brakes seemed fine for every corner after that so frustrated end to the evening to end up in 3rd.

In short, goddamn you Toby for being waaaaay too fast in Race 2. :p

First qualifying would have netted me 2nd if I hadn't fallen foul of the hotlap bug and been dqed for doing the first sector of the next lap.

Race one gave me so much hope for race 2, despite it being a shocking start where I was facing backwards after the first 100m. But I had so much pace it felt amazing, and the last few laps desperately trying to haul in Sergio was some of the best i've ever done in an rF race. :) Also noted that I was catching the leaders too, so I had high hopes for a race win in Race 2.

Second qualifying was perfect, utterly nailed the lap and got into the high 1:34s for my first proper pole position on RD. :)

Second race was basically me following Toby about 1 second - 1.5 seconds behind for most of the first 10 minutes, then he utterly crushed me by visibly making mistakes in front of me but somehow managing to grow the gap to about 3 seconds. After that I started making mistakes and he just sod off into the distance. Resigned myself to second, which I promptly lost on the last lap when my car wouldn't slow down for a corner and I smashed it into the wall. Brakes seemed fine for every corner after that so frustrated end to the evening to end up in 3rd.

In short, goddamn you Toby for being waaaaay too fast in Race 2. :p

I was conserving my tyres in race 2 for those early laps since someone said softs would be a good idea... NOT. They dropped off way too fast in race 1 for me to do anything. In race 2 therefore I decided to take it easy early on and then push from halfway...
To be fair, I do race in the official F1SR league so I did expect to do pretty well here.
Nice pole btw Nic in race 2, thought I had that one in the bag with my 35.

Looks like it was a great race, shame I missed it :frown:

Do you guys all make you own setup's or do you find them online and change them.

I know what some of the settings change however I find it difficult to know what to change to cure a particular behaviour say snapping at the back end under braking and so on, any tips guys for setups?

Stu

Looks like it was a great race, shame I missed it :frown:

Do you guys all make you own setup's or do you find them online and change them.

I know what some of the settings change however I find it difficult to know what to change to cure a particular behaviour say snapping at the back end under braking and so on, any tips guys for setups?

Stu
Loads! :)
Next 1993 race I'll talk you through any problems you have with your setup and I'll send you a couple to show you the differences between setup changes. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%