rF2 F1 1993 McLaren @ Adelaide 1988 - Mon 6th February 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
20230206200431_1.jpg

Was I trying hard enough?

I have to say, that was exhausting from a mental standpoint, but also from a physical one as I had to turn the FFB down because my arms were getting punished. How the guys back then drove it without passing out I'll never know.

Anyway, it took me quite a while to get it any decent pace out of it, even with Edwards setup, as I was simply struggling with the car and track combo, especially the curbs which are absolutely murder to hit, I think I wrote off 5 cars in practice :p
A bit before qually I decided to try the high downforce wing and put on more front wing as well, it order to get more pace in the twisty stuff. It worked, my pace was much better and the speed penalty down the straight wasnt too big. It also improved braking. I also added a lot of diff-coast (75%) to try and calm the car down mid-corner in the slow corners and that helped tremendously on the predictability.

Qually was simply a case of sending it through the all the do-or-die stuff, especially turns 1-2. Managed to get it stuck on pole with a hero or dead lap.

Race: I knew just finishing would require restraining myself and slow down and so I did, but it allowed Steve to keep up behind me, I simply didnt have the mental capacity to go any faster without seriously risking binning it hard, but luckily he made a mistake, so I eased off and cruised it home from there.

Awesome car and track combo!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back