rF2 F1 1993 @ Hockenheim 93 - Sun June 6th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
f193.png

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F1
Mod: Formula 1 1993 V1.2
Track: Hockenheim 93
Event start: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 Minutes
Qualification: 10 Minutes Superpole (Escape after you did your timed lap, otherwise you get a DQ)
Warmup: 5 Minutes
Race: 2x20min

Traction Control: Low allowed
Damage Multiplier: 30 %

Notes:
1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

2. We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

3: Technical info

Boost
1: Optimum fuel economy.
10: 14% more power but 28% more fuel consumption

Downforce
Always run more front wing than back wing. The difference must be at least 5 clicks.

Caster
Default is 2 which is too low. Run at 4 at least.

Rev limit
The rev limit for these cars is 15000. But never use that in the race. Maximum you can use without blowing your engine is 14800 and you need to use even lower if you are a hard downshifter.

Entry List

1: Ivo Simons
2: Lee Palmer
3: Adam Eggbeer
4: Toby Davis
5: Mattia Gottardi
6: Robert Woodward
7: Martin Bulgin
8: Nicholas Cole
9: Bob Luneski
10: Valerio Vinassa
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:

Oh and just by the way, that vid is from the pre-high kerb version, which makes times about a second slower (because you can't put two wheels over them). Target times were for me 38s in qualy trim, 40s in race trim. Don't be disheartened if you don't get near those times - I did about 300 laps practice on this track for the official F1SR race, and I did qualify on pole and was second in the race (until I got disconnected), and the F1SR boys know this mod inside out.

Setup tips - LOW WINGS. I ran 3-1 (front-rear), very soft suspension for the kerbs, very high ride height for extra top speed (8cm at least on the rear), and low toe settings. Also needed is a high coast value and a big engine braking value - otherwise you WILL spin under braking, since the only way to do those chicanes fast is to trail brake (brake whilst turning in), and if you don't have lots of coast then you will end up with ridiculous oversteer. 80% coast and engine braking 6 I think is what I ran. Also, detach the rear Anti-roll bar, and put the front arb very low as well, this will help in the stadium section. One last thing - weight distribution all to the front, or the car won't turn in. Lastly, HIGH TYRE PRESSURES ARE A MUST. This track overheats every compound of tyre, especially if you run low pressures.

Whisper: If you put the wings up, no matter how much more confident you are in the corners, you will lose time. You want as low as you can, although front wing won't hurt top speed like the rear wing does, so get the balance right with the front wing change.

Oh, and turn all the driving aids off, including clutch. TC hurts power; even though the bloke who did the physics said he had turned this punishment off, he still made TC a few bhp lower than without TC. Anti-lock brakes don't stop the car as well either, and the auto-clutch slows down the shifts. Basically, this mod is set up for our league which ran without any driving aids allowed at all, so if you put them on you aren't driving the same car. Actually, turning TC off will help you with the understeer issue, and stability control costs about 20 seconds per lap (deliberately :p).

what is a good temp for the engine??? and for the brakes???

it's the first time that i'm watching about that temperature and so i forgot to ask to someone about that in the previous event!!!!

thank you very much!!! :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years