rF2 F1 1993 @ Brands Hatch - Wed May 12th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
If only i could have just stopped myself from getting too excited when battling other cars i'd be fine. Every time i come across other cars i always crash a turn or two later.

Thank you for the race Ivo.

Nice races 1 - 2,
some little battle with R. Emery and N.Atkins especially at end of race 2 with G. Davakos and N. Atkins.
It's hard drive when a lag take you before or in a middle of the curve,this time has happened,bit more,Sorry if I was blocked in a middle of the track, not my intention.:)
THANKS to RD and Ivo
C U on next track

Both qualifying sessions: Surprised to see myself in 3rd each time, considering the talent and times that had been set before and during the events.

Race 1: Was going well in 2nd until I made a small mistake and hit the wall about 10 minutes in, after that it faded until I ended up in 7th. Was kicking myself, could have done better.

Race 2: Better start, led a few laps at the start before I was inevitably overtaken by the rocket ;) Spun again and held third, before I came across Abdul in 2nd place, in the middle of the track upside down at the hairpin. After a O.o moment I picked my way past, and then a clean drive to 2nd, to equal my best-ever finishing position here at RD :)

Had a mixed evening of racing. Managed to do a 1:06.5 in race mode in one of the practice sessions. Was leading that session all the way up until the end where Rich decided to beat it, but it gave me a lot of confidence.

Quali 1: Put in a decent lap but got distracted by others, ended up in 6th. However the race was restarted due to a problem with Safety Car. Had to re-qualify and again got distracted by someone talking which caused me to spin it. Ended up in 14th.

Race 1: Got a great run out of the last corner but had to lift off over the line to avoid overtaking too early. Got squeezed into turn 1 and braked too late. Ended up in the wall. Lap 2, I hit a spinning Stuart and lost my front wing. Pitted but had a few more incidents pushing too hard trying to catch up. Think I finished in about 12th place.

Quali 2: Put in a decent lap to take 7th on the grid.

Race 2: Got a good start and was up to 3rd place early on. Made a mistake which caused some damage to suspension. Martin caught me up and attacked me into a corner and got past. I tried to nip back on the inside but hit his rear. Martin ran wide off the track so I slowed up to allow him back through and once he was a through a McLaren came past and moved onto my line about 100 metres before the braking zone with not much distance between the cars. He then braked straight away and I had nowhere to go but into the back of him. Ended up in the gravel with my suspension completely damaged. He drove on whilst I lost 3 places. A few laps later I lost my front wing whilst struggling to keep the car straight. and spent the last 4 laps trying to drive it around the track as I missed the pitlane the first 2 times around (one of which Martin hit me, but I had an understeering car and couldn't get out of your way quick enough so sorry about that). Finished in 10th but I know it should of been so much more.

Thanks to Ivo and RD for this.

was really a nice night.......we lost a bit too much time for the problems of the server and so is sad that i hadn't enough time to do race2.....my pace wasn't so bad and i think that was enough for doing great battle in the front of the group!!! :D

in every case thank you guys and congratz to all and thx to Ivo that was able to solve the problem in time for let me doing at least race 1!!! :D

race 1 started well and kept my position, did also an overtake i think, but after few laps i went wide and was in the back.......was also involved in an accident that happened in T4, but i hadn't so heavy damage, so i kept racing......
was behind Ivo that was a bit more fast of me, so he gained a litle gap on me 3-4 s, but his car in front of me was a good target and so i was able to stay focus on him!!! After an his error at 5 minuts to the end i think i took his position and so i was 4th, but i lost a bit the concentration and in T2 i spun. Ivo did a good job and he skip me and gained some seconds and in that moment i saw that there was only 1 minuts to the end of the race.....so i was disappointed for that error because wasn't impossible for me try an attack on Ivo......but suddenly my unlucky go away from me and "hit" Ivo and Harald and so in the last 3 corners i was able to gain 2 position and so i was on the podium!!!!

really a nice race and a nice nights with lots of fights and surprises!!!

thank you again cu at the next race!!! :D

Race 1: Got a great run out of the last corner but had to lift off over the line to avoid overtaking too early. Got squeezed into turn 1 and braked too late. Ended up in the wall. Lap 2, I hit a spinning Stuart and lost my front wing. Pitted but had a few more incidents pushing too hard trying to catch up. Think I finished in about 12th place.
Yeah sorry about that Adam, I know I was on the racing line after my spin and tried to stay out of everyone's way until the pack had cleared, I saw a gap and started to move a little then I saw you come round turn 3 so stopped again but it was too late for you to move, I saw you try to but to no avail.

Stu

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years