rF2 F1 1992 @ Silverstone - Sun March 20th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Q1 was good after running 1:23s i found over a second per lap :D Slipped to P9 after sitting P6.
R1- I got away fine for a change,had a good battle for the first few laps with Steve and Martin. Gained a couple of places when Martin,Steve and Mr Morgan had there offs,then Erick when he spun end of lap 2,i was sitting P5 :redface: Lee flew passed me on lap 3.
Had a good race with Scott which ended with me passing him for P6.

Q2- gutted to find myself P9 with a personal best lap :confused: 1:21.716 Steve nicked in front by a tength :mad: :wink:
R2- As Steve said in his post,i clipped him as he spun in front of me. Going into turn 1 Mr Mondenca caught me by surprise as he slowed going into turn 1 and i hit his rear and we both spun. I'm not sure if i picked up my damage from that, or from the contact with Steve,we rejoined P10 and 11.
By lap 3 i was P9,by lap 4 i'm P7 :D I think i was catching Mr Bozko when on lap 6 i caught the inside kerb of turn 1 and it bounced me to the exit kerb and i spun,hit the wall, then rejoined,but i was too badly damaged and spun again under throttle and hit the fence,losing my front left wheel.
I then sat back and watched Pavel and Adam go at it :cool: Mr Morgan was there too :cool:
Most enjoyable night guys :thumbup:

Quali 1: Did a good lap but shifted down accidently out of Chapel Curve, and then did the same again coming out of Luffield 2, but it was still good enough for pole :)

Race 1: Slow start and slotted in behind Pavel. I had a little look at him in Stowe but he held it off before spinning in Luffield 1 on lap 2. I took the lead and opened up a nice gap to the rest. Kept the lead all the way up to the end :)

Quali 2: Didn't repeat the mistakes of quali 1 and did a near-perfect lap to take pole :)

Race 2: Another slow start and Pavel got past again. I followed him through the first lap and then caught right up on him in Vale on lap 2. He had a slow exit and clipped the curb in Club which sent him outwards. I slammed on the brakes and managed to avoid but Lee got caught up and went off. Wayne got past me through Abbey so I was now down to 3rd. I pushed hard on Wayne and he made a mistake out of Becketts on lap 4, giving me a good slipstream down Hanger Straight and a nice move up the inside into Stowe to take 2nd. I now set about catching Pavel again who was now a second up the road. Had a couple of looks to get past but he defended them off nicely whilst I was trying not to give Wayne a chance. About halfway through, Wayne dropped back leaving just Pavel and myself going toe-to-toe for the victory. I was really struggling to follow him through a few corners, particularly Becketts, Stowe, and Luffield 2 which were all the crucial places if I was to get past at the next corner. Got a good run out of Luffield 2 at one point and was alongside into Copse but he kept the power on around the outside and kept the position. The same happened again at Stowe a couple of laps later. The last lap came and I was still up behind him. For some reason he was slow through the Maggots and Becketts complex and I was right on his tail through Chapel. Pulled out to take the inside line along Hanger straight and got past at Stowe. Held on out of the corner and then we had a bit of contact at Vale as Pavel tried to re-take the position. He waited and I managed to keep going till the end to take the win. It was a fantastic battle, one of the best I have been involved in. :)

Great racing tonight and all credit to the guys that took part. Was great to be a part of it. It seems as though being Mansell at Silverstone really does give you an extra second a lap :)

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

P.S. I've attached my race setup for anyone who wants to have a look. :)
View attachment 1992 Setup RACE.svm

Is there somewhere we can see the results of this race and others before this?

As usual, had a great time with you guys. I wish race 2 would have turned out better for me, but thats racing. Hope to make a few more of these with you guys. I must say, some very good driving today by all. Totally fun.

They should all appear on the rankings pages. I notice you don't have a rank yet but I'm pretty sure you have done 5 races here. If so, you can get it sorted by posting HERE. Tonights event will be available from tomorrow. :)

Is there somewhere we can see the results of this race and others before this?

As usual, had a great time with you guys. I wish race 2 would have turned out better for me, but thats racing. Hope to make a few more of these with you guys. I must say, some very good driving today by all. Totally fun.

Hit the rankings button at the top of the page and look for recent results Scott.

Yes, Martin that was a good battle for the last 10 minutes or so.

In the first race I was recovering from the lack of seat time due to an issue with my new pedals. Had to switch to the back up pedals which are not quite as good as the new ones.

Really enjoyed these races! Glad that I decided to join in pretty much last minute.
Awesome battle with Adam in race 2 ,shame it was short lived in race 1 though.
Not really that gutted that I lost a victory on last lap ,racing like I had today with Adam is why I race here or anywhere else anyway. Result doesn't really matter for me. I should've kept my head calm on last lap though ,I decided to retake my position in first turn possible but that was just wrong ,I knew Adam braked way later than me there but I still tried. Luckily we still got away 1-2 after a collission.
And yeah, Mansell's cars seems to be the lucky one. Adam won 2 races with it here and I managed to get a win a week ago with it. 3 out of 4 for Nigel ,not bad :D
Also ,only 12 drivers in race 2 :/ hope this thing aint dying yet.

Q1. I don't know what it is but I just can't put together a decent lap for qualifying. No one in front of me no one in back no excuse. I think I ended up 10th. Right side right behind Scott.

R1. Scott was held up for some reason at the start, I almost slammed into him. I slammed the breaks and waited to get slammed but it didn't happen big thanks to whom ever was behind me. Ended up losing a little but caught Scott and the pack. I was psyched to have a good battle with my good friend. Then L2 T1 Martin got hung up on the wall aka curb and spun and created a cloud of smoke. I guess Scott saw him before the smoke swallowed him and swerved out of the way. Even watching the replay it's difficult to see him in that cloud. It happened so fast. Somehow he was able to continue not me.

Q2. More dissapointment. I get slower in the second qual you might think I'd get quicker NOT.

R2. Got off good saw Steve fly across in front of me and nail the wall. Watching the replay Chas you got airbourne going over his right rear wheel. Amazing that you came out of that at all. K Boz must have got a good jump he came right between us. Going into turn 1 I had to let off because he had the line when I did I guess you weren't expecting that. Got going again got up to P7 and was closing on K Boz when I lost it in T1 again.

Overall it was a dissappointing day for me. Guess that's how racing goes sometimes. I've had a run of them hope my luck changes soon. But another great field, great track and the best MOD thanks RD!

I'm curious what other drivers are using for wheel/pedals... I've got a Thrustmaster 430, and don't like it at all. Very notchy feeling wheel, feels like sticky gears. I found a Logitech Momo - the old red one - that should be here Monday, hopefully it works better.

I don't expect to be running with the leaders (at my age I doubt I have the reflexes anymore), but I am having fun!

Thanks,
Garry

OK where do I start?
Erick what kinda new pedals ya get?:confused:

Pav, I'm with u but there is a sweet spot on entries and I think it's in the 15-20 range.
Ya get too many ppl like we had in a few prior races and the carnage starts going up dramatically.
I think since yours truly has been here (short time) in this series I've noticed the die hards are getting to grips with racing these cars. Much diff than hotlapping on lo fuel and Q tires.:cool::wink:

Garry, I'm using a G25 clamped to an Obutto raceseat.:cool::cool: (Thank you wife:wink:).
B4 that I was using a MSoft FF wheel and a van seat from a junkyard bolted to a milk crate.:banana:
Garry my synapses aint what they used to be either but I'm having serious fun here at RD with the club format.

I'm curious what other drivers are using for wheel/pedals... I've got a Thrustmaster 430, and don't like it at all. Very notchy feeling wheel, feels like sticky gears. I found a Logitech Momo - the old red one - that should be here Monday, hopefully it works better.

I don't expect to be running with the leaders (at my age I doubt I have the reflexes anymore), but I am having fun!

Thanks,
Garry

Thrustmaster T500RS steering wheel, extremely precise with very good FFB (Awesome wheel) pedals are good and better than the G25 pedals but they not in the same league as the new Club Sports.
I previously used the G25 wheel and pedals which are very good as well.

Club Sport Pedals (once you have used them there will be no going back)

Well,i use a Logitech momo racing(the black one) I've had a red momo too. I really liked it,better than the newer one(black),i thought! Untill the steering shaft broke in 2! It was second hand when i bought it and when i took it apart for repairs? It had been repaired before :mad: Ah well :tongue:
I found another momo(black)and only paid 30.00 GBP for it :D It came out the box like new! Very pleased :D
As it happens? I mod my wheels :confused: I like all the necesary buttons i need on the wheel?
I'm currently putting together a new centre plate for my wheel. It has 18 buttons. 15 push to connect and 3 flick left/right switches. Sadly,i'm strapped for cash just now and i can't get the 3 left/right switches. Soon i hope though!
Here's a few pix of previous wheels,
Current momo.jpgIMGP1835btx.jpgMy old red momo.jpg

I use the old red Momo and pedals. I love it. Found it on ebay for $50 brand new in the box. I hate to think what I'm going to do if it ever gives out on me.

On a side note, I found my stats on the rankings page but my rank is 0? What's with that?

Mansell's cars seems to be the lucky one. Adam won 2 races with it here and I managed to get a win a week ago with it. 3 out of 4 for Nigel ,not bad :D

I've driven Mansell's car 5 times now here at RD. F1 88 mod last year I got pole, the win, fastest lap, and led every lap. Then with the 92 mod at kyalami I got a win and a second, and then yesterday I got the double win/pole and a fastest lap, so certainly a lucky car for me :tongue:

On a side note, I found my stats on the rankings page but my rank is 0? What's with that?

Sounds like a bug. Might be worth posting it in the Rankings Support Thread. :)

As to what I use, well its a Logitech Rumblepad 2, and yes its a gamepad :tongue:

Thanks to all for the replies, it's interesting to see what you all use for controls. Got my MOMO red today, and it's a vast improvement over the Thrustmaster! I can actually feel when the tires let go, the ffb is much better. Now to build a seat/stand - might go with the RaceBase, got the plans and it looks like a good option. Much better than chasing the pedals around on the floor. After that, some sort of motion system... :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%