rF2 F1 1992 @ Shanghai - Sun June 19th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Man, that is a shame.
It's a bit silly to worry about track legalities though, imo.
Has a sim racing site ever been sued for such a thing?

I'm still in anyway.

It's RD's policy to only use legal tracks both for a legal POV even though it is unlikely action would be taken but also from a moral POV, If someone hasn't consented for their content to be used by someone else thus making the track illegal then its not really a good image for RD to be seen endorsing this content.

I'm still in, love Shanghai. The only thing is it won't let me download the track. It says I have exceeded my download limit for today. It kept saying that yesterday also. I thought by today it would have re set? I also need to download the Porsche mod and can't do that either. What do I do?

Not sure. Give Dave a PM. I can upload mirror the track for you if you wish :).

I downloaded the track, as per thread but had problems when in rFactor, trying to load the track as game crashed.
First, I wasnt sure to install it: by this I mean what was to be the upper folder. I found that it was this; Fsone_Track_Pack\Shanghai\Shanghai\ (It may help some peeps)

Secondly and more important, I found out that there is an error in the Shanghai.gdb file. (which was causing my crashing)
The lines below were incorrect, being the wrong way around.
VenueName = China,Shanghai
Location = Fsone Track Pack
Below is the CORRECT way:
VenueName = Fsone Track Pack
Location = China,Shanghai

It works ok now, so I hope this helps others if they get the same problem.

See you on track!

may i drive the jordan of stefano modena. Thnx! Also the link to the track doesnt seem to work for me! It says invalid file error or something and redirects me to the downloads page.

Is there an alternate link where i can download it from?

I downloaded the track, as per thread but had problems when in rFactor, trying to load the track as game crashed.
First, I wasnt sure to install it: by this I mean what was to be the upper folder. I found that it was this; Fsone_Track_Pack\Shanghai\Shanghai\ (It may help some peeps)

Secondly and more important, I found out that there is an error in the Shanghai.gdb file. (which was causing my crashing)
The lines below were incorrect, being the wrong way around.
VenueName = China,Shanghai
Location = Fsone Track Pack
Below is the CORRECT way:
VenueName = Fsone Track Pack
Location = China,Shanghai

It works ok now, so I hope this helps others if they get the same problem.

See you on track!

Yes, I did get mismatches as someone said. Therefore I changed Venuename and Locqation around back to where it was and still getting mismatches in the gdb file.

Cannot win. However, where I changed it, it then worked offline, and if I change it back to original settings, my game crashes offline!
Anyone got any ides, and, yes I just re-downloded it and installed, all the same.
Help!!

You'll get mismatches if you edit the gdb at all you need to keep it to the default one that comes with the track.

Is your locations folder under the correct folder structure or have you modified the locations folder's path? That sometimes interferes.

An autobiography i beg your pardon (now now, wasnt that hard to use a little intuition was it).

Dont worry though. If there is nothing interesting to put in there you may be best off not knowing what it is

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%