rF2 F1 1992 @ Paul Ricard - Sun 31st July 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
R2- again i dropped a few places on the run down into turn 3. On turn in,Mr Jundt hit my side pod and spun me mid corner,sorry to those of you i nearly hit getting my car round the right way!

Don't be so formal, I wasn't when I unpleasantly touched you there!:tongue: DJ would be okay:wink:

Sorry, but I hated that corner. No problems in practice, but when going all out, shifting down and braking, the car always speared to the right off the track! It took some good early braking, and a bit more use of kerbs instead more turning to get it right.

This corner also ended my chances yet again to finish high and fight with the fast guys. On top of that, when trying to overtake Martin in the Minardi(I think), I took to the kerbs and the marking after the Mistral, which led me spinning into the wall and losing my Front Wing(Even funnier was that my left suspension was missing for the rest of the race!) I put on Q Tyres and missed Ferry's best lap by just over a tenth! But I was down in like 9th place?

R2 was a downer in the first corners as my car got out of control and hit your McLaren mid-way, sorry about that, my setup modified from Indy was still ****e enough.

After trying to keep it straight I got back up to P5 I think. This also meant I won the 2nd race against Scott's Andrea's Fashion Team for the best mediocre team!:tongue:

It was fun, but I think I need a long time to get a good setup...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Corrado Conti

By the way, this is happening to me in other sims as well, not just rFactor or this server, but a couple of times my screen froze and remained like that for about 2 or 3 seconds (an eternity in reality). What the sim does in that case is leave you immobile in the track, which is good so you don;t go bumping into things, but at the same time you lose those 3 seconds against the other competitors.
Roll back your graphics card drivers, I had the exact same problem.

I have 2 nVidia GTX 460. I don;t think I have the latest drivers either (I am waiting to update a bunch of drivers at once). I heard the problem may be the nVidia card itself, but it doesn't happen that often. Only often enough to screw up some races but not so much (or reliably so) that I can trace what is causing it.

Thanks for the replay Adam. I was really upset, but after watching the replay and what happened I will not be saying anything more about it. It, in my opinion was a racing incident between the Ferrari boys. Not bad driving.

Robert, this stuff happens in every league I've been in. It's just part of online racing. I know it's hard, but don't let it get to you. I built my rig from scratch and I'll be damned if I let crashes get to me. You have to be a duck, let it roll off your back. There's always another race.

Thanks for another great day of racing RD and Lee.

Q: P11

R: Bad race 4 me, i was really upset, because drove with 106L fuel onboard ( 14 laps ) and i was slow BIG TIME :(

Q: P7

R: Mest up my start, lost 6 places, that's it four me ( crasht out of the race ) in lap 8??? Cya next race

I have 2 nVidia GTX 460. I don;t think I have the latest drivers either (I am waiting to update a bunch of drivers at once). I heard the problem may be the nVidia card itself, but it doesn't happen that often. Only often enough to screw up some races but not so much (or reliably so) that I can trace what is causing it.

It's the nVidia driver bug, I went over to ATI because I had enough of this problem in rfactor, I have 2 ATI 5850s now and rFactor no longer freezes up for 30 seconds at a time.

Nice i ran . a little bit sick ,and on the 1 race i ran more or less. I had a good fight with CHas. On 2 race my concentration still dropping down , and i was fight with Andreas ,but on the 1 right turn after the long strait . i passed on the Zebra ,and with half on my normal concentration , i dont recovery the car ,and i crashed inside of the wall.
But for me this mod is to make me get better concentration and less hateness when imake any mistake.
It was a great race . WD ALL

5 races and we never saw a report from you...
Report and its taking care off. We removed atleast 3 members this last week.
And you where not perfect example either not so long ago.

Like Adam said. Report. That shouting after every race doesnt lead to anything.

I dont report people straight away because that would be a stupid thing to do, i would rather find out what happened and depending on what people say i choose weather to report or not, i didnt report kyle puttifer the past few times because he apologised for his dangerous driving and because he didnt have much racing experience and i dont believe that being inexperienced is in any way a good reason to report someone,its just against the point of RaceDepartment CLUB RACES if you just remove peoples licence because they are new and made a mistake.

I also havent reported erik tveit because from what he said to me i decided that our incident was just a combination of me dodging to the right away from none moving cars and him being behind me at that time so unable to react intime.

Before you try to tell me what to do please try to look into what happened first, i was mad because ive been knocked out in the FIRST lap of 5 races in a row so of course im going to shout and anyway shouting in the forum is what you always tell us to do during the race you say dont argue here, take it to the forum and thats what i have done. and anyway i did it because i wanted to find out why it happened from drivers themselves and i have found out.

BTW how is my imperfect driving in any way relevent at all? ive had many DNF races but they were mostly my own mistakes, where i didnt take anyone with me. only one was ever caused by other drivers (some guy flashing his lights in a bathurst legends race, i reported him but nothing).

From the rules.

If an accident occurs continue the race normally, and try to discuss the incident with the other driver after the race. Normally it will be an accident and both parties can resolve it in a friendly way. If you feel stressed out by an accident always take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident (often it is not what you originally thought), and if needed, try to discuss it by PM or MSN. If you cannot solve an incident yourself contact a staffmember that organized your race and send them all the needed information (pictures or movies of the accident are a must).

Instead you come straight from the server and was mad and said somethings. Thats what i am saying.
Taking it to the forum doesnt mean you can go all mental.

And btw you always took someone with you in races back in the day. I believe suspended you from the rFactor Club for a while because of that. Thats why i found it abit weird you saying what happened to RD with all the drivers as you where exactly the same.
But your right i shouldnt have adressed that. So sorry for that.

Just in the future keep the 24 hour cool down and check the replay first. And dont run through the forum straight away. Never is a good thing.

Before you try to tell me what to do please try to look into what happened first, i was mad because ive been knocked out in the FIRST lap of 5 races in a row so of course im going to shout and anyway shouting in the forum is what you always tell us to do during the race you say dont argue here, take it to the forum and thats what i have done. and anyway i did it because i wanted to find out why it happened from drivers themselves and i have found out.

We can understand your frustrations, we all go through periods where things don't go right for us. No member of staff has asked people to shout and argue on the forums either. We ask you not to do it on both the server and the forums, calm discussions are fine. If you are mad at something, the best thing to do is to go away and do something else to calm down before proceeding further, as Ivo has highlighted.

From the rules.
And btw you always took someone with you in races back in the day. I believe suspended you from the rFactor Club for a while because of that.

That was ryan callan who suspended me...wrongly. it was my second race and i was cutting corners on the race because i couldnt keep control of the car (v8 factor on the bathurst track) because of my lack of experience. i quit the race as soon as i realised i was going to take someone out. after that i quit doing online races to learn how to drive more safely offline with AI cars and didnt even find out i was suspended until a few months later when i tryed to sign up to a race. the only time i remember taking someone out in a race was when i collided with adam eggbeer in an FSONE 2009 race which i was penalised for and i accepted it after seeing the replay. I've had a lot of DNF's from crashing but i dont remember taking out half the field EVER especialy not 3 weeks in a row consecutively.
My first ever simulation races were with RD so i wasnt very experienced but i always tryed to make sure that if i crashed it was the wall i hurt and not the other drivers. if you have ever seen my races you will notice the care i take because i dont tryto overtake unless im 100% sure its safe and i always stop and get out of the way if i hit someone or get too close.

i didnt hit anyone in that race, i was just driving very slowly so i was driving on the pitlane out of boredom. i even said after the race in chat bar im not going to do another clio race because the cars so weird to drive to me, it being FWD. and you didnt suspend me you just PM'ed me saying you wouldnt let me in another clio race for a while.

I suspended you from all my rFactor event from that day on.
But i will finish this discussion now. You know now to take a breather first after a race in the future. As i said and Adam also said.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 245 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 161 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 228 13.9%