rF2 F1 1992 @ Paul Ricard - Sun 31st July 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I have a new live timing working for us guys.
Nice move Scott :) I had a feeling you might go down that route ;-)
So,do we now need to join the track via Live racers in order for our laps to be logged? Or can you still join via rFactor server like we do?

We only put the server up the night before the race to allow other games access to the server so I doubt it would be too effective. Scott uses his server for practise times so probs better off there.

I am actually pondering my decision. This is the first time I drive this mod and I find it a bit unsettling because I can't seem to recognize the grip point. I end up being either too slow or too fast on way too many turns. Especially low speed turns I find them hard to judge.

Lately I have been driving the 70's mods and some of the 2000 F1 mods and as different as they are, I seem to be able to judge the limits of those cars better. I like the way this one drives and I love the cars of this era, but I am painfully slow. I am about 10 seconds a lap slower than the AI set at 120%. If I keep practicing, I can probably get close to 4 or 5 seconds but given past experiences, that may not be enough not to be a nuisance.

Incidentally, I found that I had to lower the power and coast in the diff to almost 0% or the car simply wanted to swap ends on me in the slow bits. Any suggestions on how I can get a better feel for these cars?

PS: If in the race I see that I am too slow, I'll retire rather than cause a wreck.

I am actually pondering my decision. This is the first time I drive this mod and I find it a bit unsettling because I can't seem to recognize the grip point. I end up being either too slow or too fast on way too many turns. Especially low speed turns I find them hard to judge.

Lately I have been driving the 70's mods and some of the 2000 F1 mods and as different as they are, I seem to be able to judge the limits of those cars better. I like the way this one drives and I love the cars of this era, but I am painfully slow. I am about 10 seconds a lap slower than the AI set at 120%. If I keep practicing, I can probably get close to 4 or 5 seconds but given past experiences, that may not be enough not to be a nuisance.

Incidentally, I found that I had to lower the power and coast in the diff to almost 0% or the car simply wanted to swap ends on me in the slow bits. Any suggestions on how I can get a better feel for these cars?

PS: If in the race I see that I am too slow, I'll retire rather than cause a wreck.

Join one of my servers and I will try and help you to get a feel for these cars,
Server name=AeroF1 1992 RD its using the same password RD uses

Give me a time, I am on call from 17:00 GMT so it needs to be before then.

Chris

Andrea Moda - Robert Moreno

Hi All...This will be my first rfactor event, and first F1 event. These cars are fun and difficult at the same time! Need to practice with no traction control was using low and it helps a bunch. Jumped in the sever to chect my install and i noticed no TC is allowed. Should be good fun looking forward to racing!

Corrado, if you dont manage to get help form Chris, just drive the race, its the best way to learn. As long as you dont get in anyones way none of the regulars will mind a new driver. The best way to learn it is to race it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.5%