rF2 F1 1992 @ Monza - Sun April 3rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Okay,after another few laps tonight i've managed to get my time down to a 1:25.038 :cool: (quali trim)
While i was testing online,i got some assistance from Chris regarding my set up? Just my spring settings really,and it did help, Thanks Chris :drink:
I had a look at my pedals tonight too........you see........i replaced the spring under my break pedal with.......squash ball. Yep. A squash ball! It gives a better feeling than a spring does.
I knew i have been pushing real hard to reach full brake travel,but it stopped me from locking up the brakes.
Tonight i decided i'd like a just little more travel in it. So i opened my pedals up and put a slit down one side of the ball.......worked a treat!
I went out on track and ran a quali set up and managed the above mentioned time :cool: Good job :D
Untill Adam shows up and blasts in a 1:23 lap :confused: :rolleyes:

Was hoping to join this race as my first effort at on line racing but at 15 seconds off the pace even the medical car would overtake me LOL.

My thanks to Steve O'Malley for his help and encouragement via PM but as I'm so slow would someone be kind enough to email me a replay file of a 1:3x lap so I can compare where I am losing so much time?

Thanks

email to 64polara (at) gmx (dot) com

Was hoping to join this race as my first effort at on line racing but at 15 seconds off the pace even the medical car would overtake me LOL.

My thanks to Steve O'Malley for his help and encouragement via PM but as I'm so slow would someone be kind enough to email me a replay file of a 1:3x lap so I can compare where I am losing so much time?

Thanks

email to 64polara (at) gmx (dot) com

Come on join in :p. Its not a league race you won't get booted out for being too slow. RD club is about fun not winning :).

Funny. This is the only mod I have a podium finish in. And I ain't fast at all in those cars. But Monza. In every car on earth, I would sign up for Monza! :D

Shame a bunch of people never bothered to turn up. :(

All the miles of practice I did, in preparation, did nothing to equip me for a tow in Parabolica on Lap 1 of Race 1.

Like this mod at lot. Would race again. Thankssss.

R1/ Q8th. Chas still congratulating himself on a good grid position forgot to start and let most of the field through. Very sporting Chas. Settled into 6th place where i spent the rest of the race.
R2: Another good start. Running 5th, bumped out by a driver who didnt bother to stop (do some of these people read the rules?). Rejoined in 10th. Got onto the end of the Ligier battle and was alongside Scott a couple of times. Lined up my move but was a bit heavy on the throttle and turned into the barrier. Lost a wheel and couldnt get the car to stop so I coud esc out of the way, and subsequently blocked Norm who hit me and broke his steering. Sorry Norm there was nowhere for me to go.
Accidents happen in racing but for the 3rd race in a row Ive been knocked out by people who didnt stop.If we dont adhere to the server rules then its just going to be like any other internet pick up game.

Watched the Boz/Beck Ligier battle who were soon joined by the Mendonca/Bulgin battle which was good entertainment.
Thanks for the races RD, oh and congrats to 3 on the spin man, Eggbeer the Unstoppable.

I apologize for bumping into you in race 2 Steve, I was so focused on getting a good exit through that chicane that I didn't pay much attention to you. In hindsight I obviously should have.

For both races I qualified 9th and had a decent start, I would get 2-3 positions by the second chicane. I wondered if I was getting good starts or everyone else was making bad ones. I managed P6 and P4 in the races. The top 3 were so far ahead in the second race. Good job Adam.

I enjoyed the mod will be racing again :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 300 13.3%