rF2 F1 1992 @ Mid-Ohio - Sun May 22nd 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I didn't get enough practise in for tonights event.
Q1- P13
R1- Mr Smoulders didn't get away well and i hit his rear and then someone hit me,4 car log jam! As i entered the last left hander to complete lap 1 i lost the rear and hit the wall and lost a wheel.
Q2- P11
R2- i made a few set up changes for the race and the car felt better but still well off the pace. So i focused on finishing the race in one piece. I couldn't race anyone! Anyone and everyone passed me,to leave me last place! I tried to make you guys go round the long way? And most of you did lol
Good racin' guys.
Thanks to Lee,Adam and RD
PS- i didn't like the track tonight. Didn't seem to suit these cars,or me ;-)

I thought the track was good and made for some close racing.
R1: Q11.
Evan didnt seem to get off the line so I had to stop which caused Hubert to hit me and chas to hit him and David to stop. Sorry Hubert I didnt have anywhere to go. Good battle with Norm and Tony.Found myself 5th with 1 minute to go. Evan clipped the pit lane kerb at the start of the last lap which caused Ben to swerve onto the grass and all of a sudden im in 3rd. Ben was chasing hard and I was hoping to box him in behind a backmarker on the straight but Valerio moved over nicely and let him through so with 3/4 lap left it was going to be a defensive effort. Luckily I held him off but in a desperate last sprint for the line, Ben spun and crossed the line backwards before hitting the wall and removing his back wheels.

R2: Q12. Good battle with Evan who got past me a couple of times and spun and gave the place back. However, he made a supreme effort on the last lap and squeezed by at the bumpy bend, then held it together till the finish. 7th place for me about 2 car lengths behind Evan.

A good nights racing. Chris and Scott! Where were you?
Thanks RD guys.

Well, did the best i could, can't wait for the day when I can afford a nice shiny G27. hopefully that should make this racing buissness a bit easier then using a pad. (got a cheaper wheel but it's too unreliable for online racing)

Q1, stuggled to get a clean lap in, may have been pushing too hard, ended up near the back of the grid, quite a way of my best practise hotlap.

R1, Got held up by the startline muddle, got thorugh it eventually without contact, and set off. Made up a few places as others dropped out.Eventually got up to 12th, was happy to make it home safe with a straight car.

Q2, went a bit better, Managed to get a clean lap straight away and got 14th in the end, still slower then my praccy best though, though I did make a few setup changes after that to make the car easier to drive which must have hurt my out and out speed.

R2, got a decent start and made up a place off the line and through T1, made it through the first lap without incident despite some close calls with cars infront when my brakes didn't seem to work as quickly as them. Couldn't hold hold the cars infront as I was being a bit cautious. Soon got bored of this and decided to push which got me a personal fastest lap of the race and then put me in the wall out of T1 when I ran wide.

Oh well thats racing, maybe one day I'll actually be able to run competetive times

Sorry I wasn't there today guys, but I was watching bump day at Indy. I never miss anything that has to do with the Indy 500.

Next week will be the same as Sunday is the 500. I'll be back for Estoril.

Awesome racing both times. First off, the car and track combo was a match made in heaven. Very fast and smooth. If you could control your throttle, you were set.

Q1 - Hadn't practiced much on a qual setup. I was able to put in a decent time and take 6th I believe.

R1 - Not much here. A lot of good mini single lap battles with people. A bunch of stupid small mistakes cost me a bunch of positions. At the pace I was running, 3rd or 2nd was feasible.

-------

Q2 - Another decent qual. Not great, couldn't really get a feel switching setups again. Took 8th.

R2 - A better start off the line. Jumped up to 6th place right away. Mid way into the lap had a little mishap and was backwards on the track. I sat still and everyone managed to avoid me thankfully. From that point, I was on a mission to make up lost positions. I was able to do so pretty consistently. Again, a few mistakes here and there slowed me down. With under 5 minutes to go, I spun and O'malley ran right by. With two laps to go, he was ahead by over 2.5 seconds. At the 1 minute remaining warning I was 1.5 seconds off his bumper. I decided to give it everything I could to get by. With a very fast exit from T1 and a very very late brake into T2, I was able to catch his draft into the right downhill bend of T3. I didn't really give Steve a choice, I just went for the pass. I was able to pull it off without locking up and set myself up well for the next corner. From that point it was just about calming the nerves and staying smooth on the throttle. I was able to pull it home in 6th.

Great racing by everyone tonight. I am not usually an F1 fan but these cars are a blast. I am looking forward to any future events in these.

I got a very stable setup from Dave, so thanks for that.
Q1 - got stuck in traffic the whole session (for want of a better word, I was so slow I had to let everyone through, so it's kind of the opposite) and couldn't get a lap in.
R1 - avoided the pileup, and I was going slowly but steadily before I lost the rear at that miserable turn 2. Race over.
Q2 - managed to get a lap in.
R2 - The car directly in front of me (Valerio?) didn't move, but I made sure I didn't repeat what happened at Brands! I swerved around, hope I didn't cause Tony any problems. A few laps in I lost the rear in the slow middle sector.
All in all, a bad evening even by my standards, but hopefully I'll be better next week in Jerez.

Yep, i loved the combo too, although it was a hard combo.

Race 1 and i was p9 or 10 i think. Like Steve and Chass mentioned, it was a pile and i was just one of those cars in the pile up.
Chas couldn't help it and Steve, nor did i, could avoid the front one standing still. No worries guys. It happens.

Race 2 it all opened up to me and in the first laps it was time to settle for around p8. in those laps Martin came closer to my front, and eventually we had some nice brake out passes on eachother, wich felt intuitive and good. Good stuff Martin! Some p swaps after that, with Chas coming back to hunt me for p 9 or 10 that was. But i could hold the gap and with some dnf ended up 8 again.
I really liked going on this track as it made you aware much more that it has it's limits. With this car combo definately.
Lovely stuff!!
Tx

Practice went awful for me to begin with. Couldn't get a rhythm with the car and kept crashing. After I stuck the Quali tyres on though, the car was great to drive.

Quali 1: P2 and a little way off my PB.

Race 1: Made an OK start but Andreas was past. Ben went off on lap 1 so I challenged Andreas as much as I could. Unfairly got past a couple of laps in so immediately gave Andreas the place back before messing up and dropping to 4th. I got past Wayne and Mohan pretty quickly and was back on Andreas' tail again. Again I made a bad move so let Andreas back through again but a couple of laps later he spun off. I made another mistake a few corners later and Wayne took the lead. My phone started going off and I got distracted, put a wheel on the grass and crashed out where Ben crashed on lap 1.

Quali 2: Quicker than Q1 but still slower than PB but it was enough for pole.

Race 2: Made a better start but Ben pulled alongside. I tucked in behind at turn 1 as it was unsafe to try and hold it around the outside. Attacked him on the opening lap but we pulled away from the rest pretty quickly so I could take it a bit easier in trying to get past. We had a great battle, matching each other lap for lap with the gap deviating between 1 and 2 seconds. Just after halfway, a backmarker seemed to slow right up in the middle of a corner and I had to slam the brakes on to avoid. I managed that but list the rear. Recovered just ahead of 3rd place Mateusz and I soon started setting fastest laps. I was slowly pulling Ben in and dropped Mateusz before Ben made an error on the last lap and dropped back to me. I still couldn't quite get close enough to him so finished 2nd.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back