rF2 F1 1992 @ Mid-Ohio - Sun May 22nd 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Currently looking down the route of changing to a more modern F1 when a change is needed. Tbh 92 has done well previous mods that were tried by me and Ivo before me usually had poor turnouts by the fourth month.

Please not to modern. I can't stand the new style F1 cars. Huge front wings, small rear, those engine covers with the ugly fin and horrible physic's, IMO.

I have 3 teams in GPO, yet I don't even drive. I just don't like the new F1 mods.

The 92 seems to be very popular. We have good grids every week. No real reason to change at this point unless the numbers drop to only a few. Which I don't see happening anytime soon.

I'd be up for some of the newer tracks too guys. I'm happy to stick with the '92s mod. I haven't tried '91 or '93 versions,and like Steve said? I accept your better judgement Scott.
Detroit was gooooood :) It was like a flat version of Monaco! lol And who doesn't like Monaco...............Mansell? lol

Currently looking down the route of changing to a more modern F1 when a change is needed. Tbh 92 has done well previous mods that were tried by me and Ivo before me usually had poor turnouts by the fourth month.

I would be interested to know why a few regulars have not been around lately, is it because of the mod? If you read this let us know.
Has anyone tried the F1 1998 - GP Team & CTDP mod? http://www.simracingpro.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?p=31365 or even the 1982 effort. Now those cars were outstanding.

I have the 98 mod, not to crazy about it though. I also have the 82. Again, not liking it all that much, but I think it's better than the 98.

The FSone 2009 mod is very good. Before we found the 92 mod, it was all Chris and I drove.

Boutsens Ligier please, 92 has done really really well compared to some mods, seems a shame to change it, no chance of leaving 92 and having a different night for another open wheel mod ?

F1 is F1 really - another year running concurrently will just dilute the scene.
These 92s are the best F1 mod I've ever had the pleasure of, would be a shame to change for the sake of change.

I liked the 91 because it is more of a challenge to drive, the 92 has more of a fun factor hence why its the only mod I really tend to drive now, as for modern F1, I did like the FSone 2009 mod that is also good fun.

Another great mod was the 1979, i used to love that

I think we should stick to the 92 mod, everyone seems to like it, there is nothing not to like about it, would modern F1 tracks work, well yes I think they would, Suzuka was a blast right?

Chris

I've downloaded the '98 version but not tested it. FSone i had installed and did a few laps with it,it look real nice but,then i drove '92 and i was hooked!
Does anyone have the link to the '82 mod?

I've been thinking about another mod and race day. I change my mind. I think Norm and Steve are right. Another mod and race day may take away from what we have on Sundays. Lets stay with what we have now. It's working, so why change. As Chris said above, "I think we should stick to the 92 mod, everyone seems to like it, there is nothing not to like about it"

Using some of the newer F1 tracks could be great fun, plus tracks like Abu Dhabi and Singapore look awesome.

One last thing. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 76 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.8%