rF2 F1 1992 @ Melbourne - Sunday July 3rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I'm not one for very detailed race reports, but Q1 I couldn't get a clean lap and ended up 16th. Had a good start and worked my way up towards the front. Near the end running 5th I saw Chas was faster than me, so when he caught me I didn't put up much of a fight and let him go. Better to finish 6th then in the wall.

Q2 was a little better, but only ended up 14th. I was one second off my PB in practice. Race started fine, moved my way up through the field. Near the end I was 5th but again saw Adam closing in on me so didn't put up much of a fight when he got to me and he went by without a problem. Ended up with a good 5th place finish.

Pretty good racing today. Much better on the chat in quali and race. In the end another great day of RD racing. Thanks to RD, Adam and everyone else for being there.

See you in Mexico!

PS-Don't forget my server will be running all week for practice.

I'd just like to give a special shout out to Norman Biscuits for beating Ferry Koek in the obsolete Benetton chassis in Race 1. You're doin' great out there, fuzzynuts!

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

Not realy sure if you was in the same race as us Mark but as fare as i can remember there was no legal overtake on me by Norman. First turn mayhem bend my suspension and made my car undrivable. I could do a few laps with it. But with the bend car my tyres heated up way to quick so i stoped driving after a few laps. There was no fun driving it at all.

Iam not sure who the driver was who hit me from behind in turn one but it wasnt the way to go. Destroyed my race completely.

To bad tere are still some people who cant stop chatting during quali or race.

That was good fun with a good turnout again, at the start of race 2 I lost FFB, I tried de and re enabling hardware plugins but to no avail, I even pulled out the usb and put it back in but no joy, had a bit of a tussle in race 1 with Steve for quite a few laps and finished 4th I think.

You need to assign a reset FFB button

Not realy sure if you was in the same race as us Mark but as fare as i can remember there was no legal overtake on me by Norman. First turn mayhem bend my suspension and made my car undrivable. I could do a few laps with it. But with the bend car my tyres heated up way to quick so i stoped driving after a few laps. There was no fun driving it at all.

Iam not sure who the driver was who hit me from behind in turn one but it wasnt the way to go. Destroyed my race completely.

Boo-hoo.

thumbs%20down.jpg

I could do a few laps with it. But with the bend car my tyres heated up way to quick so i stoped driving after a few laps. There was no fun driving it at all.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but to me this seems a bit like, "i have a bad car, can't get on top, so i better quit...."
What you could do and what most here should/will do, is go to the pits, let it repair (as long as the wheel is on you can!)
and enjoy the further development of the race. If everybody would quit who had a yellow or red suspension etc... Probably only 4 or 5 would finnish then.

You'll only rage more if you quit without trying to race it out.
I've been in these races with moments of glory, in P4, hitting the wall and returning to pits only to come out in P17 or smth...
That's racing!

Sorry Ferry that was me, i wasn't trying to overtake and didn't brake too late, i just didn't brake enough the 2nd time since i didn't expect the grid to slow down even more, i also damaged my car and went to the grass on the left to avoid that someone else would hit me an cause more problems and that made me drop to 12th, after 5 minutes i spun and retire.

But in R2 i was able to jump from 6th to 3rd and later took 2nd after the guy in front (can't remember who it was) Retired for some reason.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back