rF2 F1 1992 @ Melbourne - Sunday July 3rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
r1 had a great race finished 3rd from spinning at the 2nd corner

r2 smehow went into 2nd spun the rear wheels up,thinking i was in 1st and hit the wall
sorry if i caused any problems

thanks adam

That was good fun with a good turnout again, at the start of race 2 I lost FFB, I tried de and re enabling hardware plugins but to no avail, I even pulled out the usb and put it back in but no joy, had a bit of a tussle in race 1 with Steve for quite a few laps and finished 4th I think.

Q1: Couldn't get a lap together, started 22nd.
R1: Decent start got me into the midfield and I had a great battle with Chris and Jorge, but I lost the rear out of turn 1 and into turn 2. Wheels gone.

Q2: Screwed up my hotlap, started 19th.
R2: Brilliant start + attrition = 9th after turn 1. :) :)
Then I started to slip down the order, but I felt like I was faster than Norm after he passed when I locked up heavily into turn 3. I certainly closed a 6-second gap within about 1 1/2 laps. Concentrating on both him and Adam behind. Adam muscled past (nice move) and began to chase Norm, who did look very slow as Adam just drove past out of the fast chicane. Lost the rear in sector 3 while chasing him down, in 10th.

Really enjoyed tonight, thanks to Adam, RD and those who raced, had some epic battles, too bad they were short-lived as this was the first time I've felt competitive.

Q1- Very frustrating. 3.38 to go so plenty of time, i was waiting at the the pit lane exit for cars on the straight to come by and 3 people overtake me. Come on guys do you think ive parked for a drinks break?
R1 good battle holding off Martin till I hit the wall and had to pit for a new front wing. Plodded round finished 9th.

Q2: Finally got a decent lap to start 5th. Adam appeared to slightly jump the start - the lights were red for ages- so got past him and raced wheel to wheel with Chas through turns 2 and 3. Was running comfortably in 4th with Stephen 8 seconds behind but oversteered again out of turn 4 and lost the wing and a wheel. Would have been a hazard trying to make the pits so escaped out.

Racing was better this week but my only gripe is when you are on an out lap in qualifying, you need to leave a gap from the guy in front in case he makes a mistake. So you slow down to leave the gap and people overtake you.
Is that a valid point or do people think you should be right on the gearbox of the driver ahead?

...Man .. i lost the 1* race,,every race here started 5 PM and i came to race 4.40 PM.
Well , i got the 2* race ,was more or less for me.
Someone forgot to brake before the curve 1 ,and hit on the benetton ,and the benetton hit on Adam and me too.
But the worst part for me was the final race when i lost the position for Adam ,becouse ,my neck started to hurt and i had to slow down ,And becouse of the pain ,i started to not engage the gear ..when Adam pass me i engaged the 5* gear. and before he cath me ,i missed 7 times the gears ,and i really though the G27 gearbox ,broken ..but after the race i saw everything was OK.
On the start of the race , i didnt any mistake ,but with pain ,i realize , i cant race with concentration.
well see y next race ,more carefull for some player plz.(sorry to ask this)

Racing was better this week but my only gripe is when you are on an out lap in qualifying, you need to leave a gap from the guy in front in case he makes a mistake. So you slow down to leave the gap and people overtake you.
Is that a valid point or do people think you should be right on the gearbox of the driver ahead?

I agree with you Steve. Although for me it was usually when a driver wrecks his car on track then ESC to the pits and flies out the pits while i'm coming down the straight on a flying lap.

Q1- P7 it think with a late 1:27. A poor lap with too many back markers on each run.
R1- I made a desent start and was running behind Adam for the first 2 laps when i lost the rear at turns 11 and 12,lost my nose and pitted. I came out in P16 and got my head down but the car felt terrible as i think i still had some damage. Kept it on the track to finish P5 as others fell off. Had a wee race with Scott ;-)

Q2- My second run i was in a gap and managed P4 with a 1:26.749
R2- I made a good start but Steve got on my outside and we ran through turn 1 side by side,i stayed ahead and got P2 for turn 3.
After the first 3 laps i could see catching Mr Bozko would be difficult but i tried my best. I was pulling away form P3 and losing a little each lap to P1.
On lap 11 i made a small mistake in turn 11 and i ran wide into 12 and lost the rear,i got it back but i flicked the other way and i hit the tyre wall and lost both front wheels. Dang! lol That's racin'! ;-)
Thanks to everyone and to Adam.

If someone is slowing down to try and make space, others should understand and respect that. However, if you are going to do that, you need to make sure you do not interfere with anybody on their hotlap.

Didn't get much practice tonight and was low on confidence with the car going into Quali 1.

Q1: Got a decent lap out to get 4th on the grid.

R1: Made a good start and settled in fourth. Wayne span at turn 3 so I was up to third with Chas chasing me. Chas span off a couple of laps later and I just maintained the gap to Andreas in front. Didn't feel great with the car early on so couldn't close in on Andreas and Ferry slowly began to catch me. When Ferry retired and Andreas started speeding off with Mateusz to open up a 4 second gap, I managed to gain some speed to close the gap. Set 3 fastest laps at the end of the race to get to just over a second behind Andreas to finish second after Mateusz went off on the penultimate lap.

Q2: Set a PB to take 3rd.

R2: Jumped the start so I stopped the car quickly only for the lights to go out. A couple of cars passed me and then under braking for turn 1, received a hit up the back and stuck in the gravel. Got it out and was running 22nd and last before picking off several people having issues on the first lap before taking the drive through. Came back out and made a big charge through the field, overtaking several people. With a couple of laps to go, Mohan was not far ahead in 3rd and I smashed the race fastest lap to close right in. Mohan went off at turn 3, so I took 3rd to the line.

Thanks to all those who raced. :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 285 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing