rF2 F1 1992 @ Kyalami - Sun January 23rd 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol ********* sorry guys for not informing but i had masterplan to not feel tired in monday morning and have good nap before race but that obiviously didnt work since im bad at waking up at my quiet alarm clock

I started from 21st place on Race one and with pure concistancy (ok I made a mistake onces) but I finished in 7th with a pace that seemed impossible for me to finish in such good spot.

Race 2, I started 19th and finished 7th with just concistant laps but I made one mistake which costed me 5th early on the race. I almost had Dan but man I had to little experience to make a move.

Nice race, Nice mod but this track is not ment for me. Looking forward for future races with this mod.

Awseome mod, I got a drive through on race 1 for some reason and ended up having to pit again for damage but finished the race. In race 2 I had a brilliant battle with Magnus for 3rd spot for quite a few laps, I nicked it for awhile but Magnus pulled a good move when I went a tad wide and nicked it back again and then I had a spin and Scott came past, but he had an off and I finished 4th.

Thanks for doing the honours Lee pity you couldnt race.

Very nice event, very nice mod on the track.

Race 1 pole position: too slow drivers cause the engine to line up the grid
and went up in smoke.

Race 2 pole position: this time I opened the radiator a bit more so I
managed to make me leave and my race.

A good win pity not to have had the ferrari, the sound of that engine and
almost fabulous orgasm.

Thank you and sorry for my English.

Great night's racing with this mod, looking forward to future races. :)

Q1: Good lap and was 4th on the grid.

R1: Made a shaky start but was up to 3rd but held the car in 2nd for too long and the engine started to overheat. Managed to save it before it died and set about after the leaders. They both span within a couple of corners of each other on lap 1, which allowed me to take the lead. Drove steadily and not pushing the car too much just to make sure I got to the end and took the win.

Q2: Did a better lap and was 3rd on the grid.

R2: Made a better start but stayed 3rd. Ran slightly wide at turn 5 which put Magnus on my tail. Slowly pulled away from him and dodging one of the guys in front who had spun moved me up to 2nd. I could pull away from Magnus but didn't have an answer for Dario, he was just too quick. Brought the car home safely in 2nd.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

Must appologuise again for not being there guys couldn't get in.

Also sorry about the formation lap. It worked fine in testing so i thought it would be ok. Will remove it for next week.

After a long time without making rFactor races, enjoy this first one, very much.

It’s never easy to start in the mid of the field, but manage to avoid first lap and go to the top ten in the first laps, making always a safe driving take me to the 5th place and even 4th for a few laps, but when Wilde catch me, I just let him go, no point defend my position has he was much faster than me.

Second race, it only last one lap, so no story here.

Great looking cars this ones and with fantastic sounds!

Thanks to RD and grats to the winners!

Also sorry about the formation lap. It worked fine in testing so i thought it would be ok. Will remove it for next week.
Disagree! With a formation lap you can take a gamble, drive agressive, getting everything up to high temperatures, and have low radiator (which is better for speed). Or you can do it safe, make tyres and brakes fairly warmed up, and have more radiator, so it will be a bit slower in the race, but less chance for overheating. I really liked it, and I find it kinda sad that this isn't used more. It does force people to think a bit more about the approach! I love it! Even though a lot of engines went in R1.

My Race 1 was done in a hurry, as I didn't think I would get good enough connection before the race. Made a mistake while shifting down, and then someone just drove into my rear and took off my rear wheel. Whoever you were, an apology shouldn't be too much too demand :)

In Race 2 I found out that I better drive like some did in 92,- H-pattern. This forces me to shift before a corner, and not in the middle. It worked well, and except a major crash in T-Last that I lost my front wheel. It was a good race! :)

seems to be a pattern developing of guys signing out just before the race, seems to happen at every event nowadays where a couple of years ago it was frowned upon unless you had a valid excuse, times change I suppose.

A Valid Excuse what we all need to ask RD if its ok with them lol Real life come's first not playing games. its ok for all those who live at home with mummy and daddy and don't have a life but most of us do.

A Valid Excuse what we all need to ask RD if its ok with them lol Real life come's first not playing games. its ok for all those who live at home with mummy and daddy and don't have a life but most of us do.

Dont know what you mean by the mummy and daddy thing Wayne, I'm a 46 year old single dad with two teenage daughters and a ten year old boy so I know real life can get in the way of things and I was pointing out that events seem to have a huge swathe of sign outs a few hours befor they start which didnt happen a couple of years ago, yes you would get one or two sign out but loads do it at nearly every event now, maybe some one else can help me remember but wasnt there an (unwritten rule) of if you arent sure if you can make the race then dont sign up ?

well what an interesting race had a shocking start in the first race and got caught up with some slower guys and got spun a few times and some nice suspension damage all in all manged to get back up to 9th or 10th cant remember now after qualyifying 7th second race was over before i even crossed the start line qualyfied 6th and forgot to change radiators and low and behold i blew my engine at the start lol. thanks for a great race guys was a lot of fun. can wait for the next one

On the other hand a mature person keeps promises that are made, and does not make promises that one may not be able to keep.
There were only 2 persons signed up as "maybe" and ~ 10 did no show up on the race. Even if signed out in the last moment - its just not fair towards the persons that would have signed in and raced instead of them.
Cuz you see this "game" you talk about is with people and those people are real.

Its is a game and yes the people that play are real. but I do not promise to be there as I am sure many don't you sign up in the hope you can make the event but some times this cant be done its that simple.most members say if they cant race with time so the admins of said events cant let others race. its the ones that sign up with out even trying the cars first and then saying sorry I don't like the cars I will pull out I have had that myself.

The thing you have to remember is a lot of people donate to race and you can't sit there saying they should get a hand round the bum with out there money RD would not have the severs.

The thing you have to remember is a lot of people donate to race and you can't sit there saying they should get a hand round the bum with out there money RD would not have the severs.

Where is your RDonator tag then? I'm sorry but cannot agree. Someone should only sign up if they know they can make it. Simple as, it stops other people signing into events. Do you remember the Caterham league, where you didn't even turn up to your own league?

I stopped donating because I saw the driving standards here at RD drop dramatically. They have improved (IMO) so when I get paid again I will be. As for the comment above, I don't expect to be praised for donating, or for somebody to mention it like you just did. I do it because I want to. Equally, if I don't want to, I won't. RD isn't a pay-to-drive site. I don't understand why you mention donations in this context. I think you are actually being quite immature about the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%