rF2 F1 1992 @ Interlagos - Sun January 30th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
that was awsome first race i got hit at start then sami was parked in the middle of the track an i hit him because of the smoke and i lost a wheel. 2nd race was cool a few went off and had to avoid a few times. and finally got 9th and it was hard tyres were horrible at the end. my wrists hurt and my arse is numb.

Quali 1: So so lap and was 6th on the grid.

Race 1: Got a slow get away but got hit in front by a spinning car, and from behind when I hit the brakes to avoid the car in front. Suspension was damaged and the car felt awful. Span a couple of times, one of which ended lee's race (sorry). Pitted which didn't really help and I dragged my car home 13th. Was able to lap quicker than the guy in third though even with a wrecked suspension.

Quali 2: Done better and was 5th.

Race 2: Slow start and lost a place. Had a good battle with Pavel and Chris until Pavel span into turn 4 and I had to take to the grass to avoid. Was able to lap slightly quicker than Chris but made a couple of mistakes that dropped me back. In the end I finished 3rd as others went off.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Two steady races for me, trying to avoid troubles and don’t making mistakes, finishing in 11th the first one and for the second I was taking my dinner during qualify, so start in last, but with the same tactic manage to finish in 8th.

What a great day of racing! Everyone did a very good job today. No crazy stuff going on at all. My first races with RD and I took 9th in race 1, 4th in race 2.

Thank you RD and Lee.

I hope we have more races using the 1992 mod.

Quali 1- started way down the field,3rd from back i think?
Race 1- I managed to get away okay and picked my way through debris and cars going off to finish 8th.

Quali 2- back of the grid again
Race 2- Again i got away just fine,stuck with the pack in front of me. At the end of lap 2 i managed to pass inbetween 2 cars,down the straight into turn 1. WELL worth the watching! lol
Kept it on the grey stuff as other fell off,Made one other pass and was in 6th place untill i made a error exiting turn 12,spun the car off track and hit the wall with my front left,and off it popped lol
Good racin' though ya'll

My first race with RD. Actually first race of any kind for quite a while.

Qual 1 - I didn't know what to expect; I figured if I started from the back I'd stay out of everyone's way. So I ran one lap with my race setup and sat back and watched. Race 1 I was a little nervous and forgot to put the car into gear. My apologies to who ever was behind me. Turned out to be a good thing for me cause there was a wreck at the start. Got through it cleanly, drove cleanly and ran into Sergio who was running a nice clean line. Ran out of laps and ended up 12th.

Qual 2 - Feeling a bit more confident I ran a qual setup and started 11th. Race I got stuck on the inside of T1 at the start and had to let several cars go by. Then I spun at the last turn coming up the hill. Down to 20th. Stayed clean and I don't how but I think I ended up 7th?

It was as Scott said a great day of racing. I thoroughly enjoyed it. IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK RACING!!!

Thanks RD Hope to see you next race.

Good racing guys!!!

Qually 1 i got pole with a 1:10.2xx my best time in practise was a 1:9.9xx so i was hoping that 10-2 was enough and it was!
Race 1: i opted for a different strategy than anyone else... I chose to run qually tyres for race 1 meaning i had to stop twice and run 17 hotlaps!!! The strategy payed off and i won the race, but if martin had not of gone off it may have been hard to take the win.

Qually 2 did 2 runs and 1:10.3xx so went back to pits and hope i didnt get beaten!!martin gosbee did not manage to better my time with his 1:10.5xx ;)

In the warm up martin said to me he knew what i was upto in race 1 (using quall tyres) so he took the tyres for race 2 i switched strategy and went to softs!

Start of race 2 off the line in pole i got out dragged by gosbee into turn 1 as he had better traction off the line with softer rubber!!
I knew i had to drive hard and make no mistakes with these soft tyres also knowing gosbee had to banzai 17 laps with no mistakes! Unfortunatly martin made a mistake at the last turn and i passed him, i think he knew he had lost the win enless i made a mistake and quit? Although he could of had terminal damage im not sure.
After that i didnt push to hard and finish around 20 secs infront of p2.

Glad i opted to run softs in race 2 as running constant hotlaps in race 1 with no mistakes was draining my concentration!
Over all 2 poles to race wins on a fantastic mod hosted by a fantastic bunch of guys! Thanks for the clean racing, this is rare outside of a serious league!
Top stuff, thx lee and everyone at rd.

Managed to finnaly find an internet cafe, sorry for not shOwing last night. Have had no internet router as waterpipe burst over it on wednesday and sky f***ed up with sending us a new one but hopeflly will have one this week sometime. Tried to post earlier but the login doesnt let you login on 3g devices it seems.

Really dissapointed as i had been practicing all week leading up to the race :(
Dan.

lol why am i so stupid to not race? I never thought 1 09 high was close to the limit in quali. I could have fought fore podium but i thought i was to slow because the car didnt feel ok.

lol why am i so stupid to not race? I never thought 1 09 high was close to the limit in quali. I could have fought fore podium but i thought i was to slow because the car didnt feel ok.

Why would you not race anyway ferry??? Whats the point in racing only when your on winning pace? Surely no fun in that? I race anything regardless of the pace im on!
Its loads of fun trying to catch drivers if im off pace!

Why would you not race anyway ferry??? Whats the point in racing only when your on winning pace? Surely no fun in that? I race anything regardless of the pace im on!
Its loads of fun trying to catch drivers if im off pace!
I agree Ben. I race because i enjoy it. Winning would be a bonus. I just do the best i can and if i'm not the quickest? So be it...........:fwd:

I got last in all sessions and I had the best fun with my cloths on since I test drove a Ferrari 456 GT in Istanbul IRL :p

F1s were a bit too much for me for a first race. Was too rusty for that amount of BHP. But races were amazing. Hope I didn't caused any problems coz I was really way-off pace.

well i hate losing ;)

no realy i thought i was way of pace and was thinking that 1:08 was possible.
Haha ferry i hate losing too;) i think any competetive racer does, but this is club racing which is less pressure to win but i understand the desire to be fastest or win will still be strong.
1:08.xxx that would be a very good time indeed!

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back