rF2 F1 1992 @ Hermanos Rodriguez - Sunday July 10th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yeah, let's not come down on RD too hard. It's one of those things. We just moved over to my server so we could have some control and everything went fine.
Fun second race for me. A nice 3rd place finish. Good racing guys, see you at Rouen.

My server is up and running.

Hahahah, i never saw this server asking to a formation lap .. i dont understand on the 10s but i saw someone saing ,to not run ,becouse the formation lap should be skiped by this way.
But the worst part its , a lot peaple dont stoped on the RED MARK (yourself position)
My first race was great ,but i used 56L of gasoline, and i was only with 9 Laps of gas ,and the serve dont showed the 10:00 (half race) yet.
So i stared to slow down to make sure i had gasoline enough to finish the race.
But was a kind nervus to me.
Next race was a joke..Lol
No quali time ( even everybody agreed ) not me by the way. The server put me on almost last place. The car of my front dont started ,was a dangerus star there and on the firt turn too
And i had to be a lot carefull ,and Bozko escaped ,if i had close enough from the start of the race , we should have a great fight .
But even with 70L of gasoline its almots 50% more gasoline the fist race.
But the worst thing was, my engine .. the engine gave up with save setup. i runned a lot and never happend.
So ..reaally not lucky
So ..a lot more lucky for me on the next race. ahahaha
WD Bozko .. i catch you next race ..ahahahaha

No point in saying anything as it's all been said in previous posts except i would have thought someone from Admin would be here and if not then appoint someone else.
R1- qualied 6th. As the count down reached 5 seconds i lifted the revs and waited for the lights..............revs high and no lights.....the seconds tick by then my engine over heats lets go!
The 2nd attempt at a re-start was with a formation lap(see steves post) i finished P4

R2- i started P3,dropped to P4 when Mohan passed me. I got him back when his engine let go. Finished P2.

My bad guys. Set up the server with my phone and Formation lap slipped through.
Had a quick look at the first post and probably only noticed Formation in combination that i always have Formation lap in my F1 events, made it a easy error to make. Good reminder also to check Race Settings when you in the server. Because Staff can also make little mistakes and cant be there every event. Again sorry.

Things happen like this. I'm sure no one is mad about it, it was just frustrating not being able to control the server. I kind of took control and did my best to keep things running as normal as possible. Maybe RD could give someone temporary Admin rights if something like this happens again? Give rights to a RD regular. Someone that races every week. And they can only use those rights if a situation like we had on Sunday comes up.

For race 2 we went over to my server, but not everyone got the message to move. Some had left after crashes in race 1 and a few just didn't move to my server.

I would be happy to take over in a temporary position to run the server if RD thinks that is a good idea.

Well for my first race department event this diddnt go to well in the first race my car was ruined before we started as Kyle Puttifer spun on the formation lap and i just tapped his car and it made it turn right on the straights. So at the start i pulled off to let people by so i wouldnt be in the way. then i was pacing myself and chad lost control in front of me next thing i was minus a wheel. XD i made it back to the pits Schumacher at spa 1998 style and got my car mostly fixed with a lack of front suspension. only to crash on lap 11 XD

Race 2 went much better i got to start the race this time but for some reason Kyle Puttifer braked way way to late for the first corner and hit me ruining my car again :(

Mabe if we started with the grid order i wouldn't of had these problems

Scott gets my vote for admin rights :)
Thanks for your apologise Ivo ;-) Good of you to say.
Lewis- i'm sure everyone will agree that sundays events run as smooth as a babies rear end. This was a one off and i'm sure it won't happen again so join us again next week and i'm sure it will go well.
We look forward to seeing you on Scotts server for some practise nights,look for 'Rothmans RD'

We had no admin for R2 at Jerez, but even so, it ran
Yes it did but we should have been able to run it ourselves last night.
Kyle, not being able to follow the car in front on a formation lap. Crashing on a formation lap. Trying to get a drag from me and overtaking me on a qualifying lap, knowing you are slower and would ruin my lap - regardless of the fact I gave you a setup that saved you 2.5 seconds, crashing into a new guy and spoiling his race, and driving without any mirrors.

These are a few of the reasons we need admin in the server. You are regularly ruining peoples evenings, maybe you should take a break for a while.

Apologies for not being there but as Steve has said, you should be able to run it yourselves. Most of the time there is an admin, but occasionally there are none available to run the event because we don't run events around our schedule. As per usual, if you have issues with others on the server, please report it to the race organisers so it can be dealt with.

Crashing on a formation lap.
Attempted to tyre weave - didn't work out. AFAIK I didn't affect anyone, just me. And you're trying to make out that I was the ONLY screwup on that (second?) attempt - I most definitely wasn't, the whole order got mixed up.

knowing you are slower
5-6 tenths?

regardless of the fact I gave you a setup that saved you 2.5 seconds
So I should stop there and not go for a few extra tenths?

crashing into a new guy and spoiling his race
regularly ruining peoples evenings
Do you actually think any of that was deliberate?! It affects me as much as anyone. The alternative to my somewhat erratic driving style is me not trying, and being 20+ secs off the pace, but then you would moan that I am too slow and that you lap me too often. Where's the fun in not being able to chuck the car around the track? The whole point of RD club is to have fun, and it's inevitable that people will make mistakes. I admit I make more mistakes than someone like Ferry, or even some of the new guys, but that's just representative of my skill level. What happened to "drivers of all levels are welcome"? That doesn't just encompass overall pace, because with a decent setup like yours, I can put in some decent times, my fastest was only 4 secs slower than Mateusz (P1 in official practice) and 5 tenths off of your best. Even I can't predict my mistakes. At the start of R2 I just wasn't paying attention to the braking zone - more to my poor start and about 5 cars flying past at the same time, so I could manoeuvre the car into a gap so that I wouldn't hit anyone (or at least look for a gap and a potential overtake). Problem was, while I was doing that, Turn 1 was fast approaching. Have you seen Senna in the cinemas? Do you remember that quote "You are competing to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver." Isn't that what we all want to be? rFactor is our alternative.

Rant over.

Attempted to tyre weave - didn't work out. AFAIK I didn't affect anyone, just me. And you're trying to make out that I was the ONLY screwup on that (second?) attempt - I most definitely wasn't, the whole order got mixed up.
5-6 tenths?
So I should stop there and not go for a few extra tenths?

The problem with your driving style is that if often affects others. Remember, some people put in a hell of a lot of practice for these events. To quote another racing saying "to finish first, first you have to finish". I just wish you would calm down a bit and concentrate on trying to get to the end. Do you remember Brands Hatch? Total disaster for you, but you came back in Detroit to (If I recall correctly) finish both races. Which event gave you most satisfaction? If its the one where you crashed a lot we probably shouldnt be racing in the same server.
And, do you not realise, trying to do a qualifying lap 3 inches from someones gearbox is probably going to end in disaster for both parties. I am no expert but slowing down and leaving a gap to the guy in front means you will get a clear run at a fast lap. Ive often done this to find you coming up and overtaking me. I don't think there is a prize for the fastest out lap. By giving you a competitive set up I thought you might show enough appreciation not to continue to do this but obviously not.

When did you become a racing driver Kyle?
I quote:
Isn't that what we all want to be?
Anyway Steve, I don't see how you can think that I didn't appreciate the setup, of course I did, it meant that I could set a competitive time for once. I just need to work on consistency. As you said, Brands was a disaster but I finished one of the races in Detroit (of all places). In theory, Brands should have been easier. The pace is there (sometimes) but it's the consistency that is virtually non-existent.

Attempted to tyre weave - didn't work out. AFAIK I
What is tyre weaving Kyle? Do you mean drafting? Slipstrem? And what dows AFAIK mean?
I'm not gonna say anymore on your driving Kyle. I mailed you about it and from what i can see? Where at fault for not allowing you to race as you please,even if it does spoil it for others. At least i know where i stand.
I've watched a few of the new guys come online and they seem to start slow and build up to be competitive. Others have come in and are just plane quick,and know there race crfaft! They seem to respect others while on track weither it's in practise,quali or during a race.
I hope you find rFactor a good learning tool on your way to be coming an F1 racing driver ;-)

What is tyre weaving Kyle? Do you mean drafting? Slipstrem? And what dows AFAIK mean?
I'm not gonna say anymore on your driving Kyle. I mailed you about it and from what i can see? Where at fault for not allowing you to race as you please,even if it does spoil it for others. At least i know where i stand.
I've watched a few of the new guys come online and they seem to start slow and build up to be competitive. Others have come in and are just plane quick,and know there race crfaft! They seem to respect others while on track weither it's in practise,quali or during a race.
I hope you find rFactor a good learning tool on your way to be coming an F1 racing driver ;-)

I guess he means tire heating, or driving right left right left to get temperature in the tires.
And AFAIK=As Far As I Know.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back