rF2 F1 1992 @ Fuji 93 - Sun March 13th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
R1. Ferry didnt appear to move off the grid so after driving round him dropped a few places. Halfway through the race I came across Erick and Dan and we commenced an epic battle for 3 or 4 laps. Dan went wide Ercik and I went past. A lap later, Erick runs wide onto the grass but managed to recover. Caught him on the straight and was nearly close enough to have a go at turn one, but hesitated a split second and Dan came past both of us on the inside. Clipped Erick at turn 3 and spun out. By the time i waited for passing traffic, 8th became 11th which is where I finished.

R2: About 8th on the grid became 3rd thanks to retirements and would have settled for that with Chas running 2 seconds behind, then out of nowhere Jim passes Chas and me and cleared of into the sunset. 4th place finish, and a great nights racing.

Well done guys, the standard seems to be getting better every week.

Quali 1: Decent lap to take 4th.

Race 1: Good start and was up to 3rd but span out of the last turn. Dropped right back and slowly pushed through the field and ended up 6th.

Quali 2: Better lap and was P3.

Race 2: Missed my braking point at turn 1 and dropped to the back. Started my way back through the field and spun again. Got going again and made my way up to 8th.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced.

Martin i also suffer from periodic freezes, sometimes just a stutter and others a full lockup and if it does come back the grafix are wasted.

I have an AMD Nvidia setup with updated drivers. It did the same thing with the last set. I dunno WTF.

Race 1: Very carefull on T1, braking early and keep the inside line. The first 7-8 were great I passed everyone except Pavel I think in P1. I was in an one stop strategy so I had my mind on tyre wear and when was the perfect time for pit. Unfortunately my tyres gave me up on lap number 9 I think. My race ended there.

Race 2: 5th on grid I think, I got a good start and I was fighting for 4th place. I got on 2nd position easy and then I was chasing P1. We had a nice battle there and I passed in 1st position for a while. Then I made my pit stop and I was down to 6 or 7. With fresh tyres I managed to take 3rd position and keep it untill the end of the race.

This was my first touch with this mod and I think that it's a nice mod for events like this.
It was a great experience to race with all of you!
There are a lot of clean and fast drivers racing here today!
Thank you for this race and I hope I see you in a future race maybe!
Congrats to all who took part in race!

Steve O'Malley: "then out of nowhere Jim passes Chas and me and cleared of into the sunset"

xD

(we will have the race results somewhere on forum?)

Q1- P9 with a 1:11.415
R1- The lights went out and i got away slow and found Lee not moving :eek: Slowed and swerved which slowed others behind me :confused: P9 outta turn 2. Mr Morgan spun in the chicane at 4 and 5 and Martin and i nearly touched. P8. Ferry passed me down the straight :redface:
Next lap i was P7 running close behind Martin,we touched in the chicane at 4 and 5,I let Martin through again :cool:i had rear right suspension damage but it felt ok, Passed Martin into turn 1 for P6.
Lap 9 and Mr Parisis spins out at turn 6,7. P5 now i ran untill race end :cool:

Q2- P10 with a 1:12.0
R2- I got away slow again and Rich nearly got me in the rear :confused: Manage to come outta turn 2 in P7. Mr Higgins and Mr Loknovski came together and i passed Mr Loknovski for P6. Mr Higgins runs wide into last right hander and Steve and i pass him,now P5 :D.
Lap2 and Steve and i run close but matched down the main straight. Lap 3 and Erick gets a tow and passes me into turn 1,P6 now.
Lap 4 and Erick and Steve touch into turn 1 and i catch them a little.
There's Mr Miller,Mr Dahlgren,myself,Erick and Steve all running with a second between each other :cool:
Lap 6 i catch Erick as he runs wide in 1,then the chicane of 4/5 and again in 8 allowing me to inch closer untill lap 9 when he loses the rear in turn 8 and i pass for P5 then P4 as Mr Parisis pits :cool:
Lap 10 and Mr Parisis comes from nowhere on rocket fuel,i didn't put up a fight and let him through at the chicane of 4 and 5.
From lap 12 to the end Mr Dahlgren and i had many changes of position as we fought,side by side through chicanes many times for P5 :drink: with me managing to stay in front :cool: just!
Thanks guys :cool: Not a bad night all in all :cool: Great racing :cool:

Probably my best RD meet so far, was using a 360 pad this time as my wheel always seems to have a problem when I run it online. first hotlap was a 1:20 which didn't fill me with confidence, though with some practise and a nice comfortable setup kindly donated by Mr Bulgin, which I tweaked a bit to suit my liking, managed to get faster over the course of the evening and got down too a 1:12 by the end of the meet.

qualied p16 for first race, tried to be cautious but I got a bit caught up in a few melee's, sorry if I did any damage to anyone, then got a bit to eager on the power out of the 2nd hairpin and put it in the fence on L4 i think.

Race 2 was much better, P 13 on the grid with a much better lap time, decided to take a gamble and took a load of wing off my car and put quali tyres on. Got a much cleaner start, though think i banged wheel with a lotus into the first chicane (not sure who it was but sorry again if I did any damage) made it through to 7th and was able to stay there up until lap 9 when it was time to pit, came out in P9 but i couldn't make any ground up so crossed the line feeling satisfied in having a nice race where for once nothing went wrong and I was wasn't miles off the pace.

Thanks to everyone for racing and depending on the track next week I might be back for more

Lap 10 and Mr Parisis comes from nowhere on rocket fuel,i didn't put up a fight and let him through at the chicane of 4 and 5.

Big respect to you Chas for this move!
I really wasn't expecting you to let me through at this point and if you see the replay you will see that I hesitate to take the position from you cause i realised you let me there but I wanted to gain the position with my skills!:tongue:
At last it was a very clever move from you, to save mine and your race.
If I was in your place I would have done the exact same thing!
Big congrats from me!:drink:

No problem Jim :drink: I could see your skills as you rapidly caught up with me :eek:
As you said,no point in risking our positions. It was good to race with ya :drink: as with Steve,Martin,Mr Dahlgren and all :drink:

GRAB_004.jpgGRAB_005.jpg

well this time i was able to cross the finnishline in both races. sadly my setup wasnt that good as i thought. i did over 200 laps in training sessions and tweaked my setup. but in the end i was terrible slow and it was ambarrasing. i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw ferrys time at the qualifying and he just tweaked the wings a bit in his setup.
but the most critical problem i had was during the start. i couldnt hear my own car. is it possible to fix that?

@Kevin, Sound is indeed a problem with this mod. its the same fore me and was the reason of my bad start in the first race. and i hope there is a solution to change it.

About the speed i dont think you were slow in the race. I did got up to speed in quali fast but i think it was fore an important part my setup wich helped me to get fast up to speed. Most of you did get my setup in the end of race 2 and i sugest to start with that setup the next race and my tweek some things like wings and weight balance. I did spend some time when i did my first race with this mod and found a decent setup. Now i only tweak some little things and do my race. And iam sure you all can beat me when you have the right feeling with the mod and the right setup.

Rich,Steve: i had a similer problem when i started using rFactor with RD. I moved my "player Volume Ratio" to 150% and that seemed to help me hear my own engine above others.
Music volume: 0%
Sound effects: 0%
Player volume ratio: 150%
Opponent volume ratio: 50%
Number of effects: 12

Maybe this will help ;-)

Rich, i think the answer is to get in a Jordan and drown out everyone else. Adam was half a lap behind me and I could hear his engine over mine.

LOL. I didn't like the sound of mine though. I was on teamspeak and had rf set to 15% volume, the rest of my computer set to 95% volume, earphones, turned down the sound in rf, and still couldn't hear the others talk to well.

Lucky # 13 that was my day.

I thought I had good pace in practice was getting into 11's.

R1 Again I just couldn't put it all together for qual. I think I started 7th or 8th with a low 12. Start not sure if the car in front of me couldn't hear themselves or what but I ended up going around him. Tried to stay cautious dropped back to 10, 11 or 12? Going into 4 it was bunching up pretty good tried to stay off cars in front of me but somehow I ended up on the inside wall without a front wing. Limped back to the pits got a new wing and finished the race. Had some fun putting some heat on a few cars that were much faster in the straight but I guess didn't have as much down force as I had. I'd catch them in the turns then they wouldpull away on the long straight. I'd try to draft as much as I could but they were too fast.

R2 Qual I got slower! Geez Ijust don't what went wrong couldn't break 13 after turning 11's in practice. On the start i guess I put too much pedal to the metal and spun myself into the wall. I was in shock and just kind of rolled backwards. I noticed I was blocking a car and woke out of my daze and got out of the way. My apologies to whomever that was. I limped around got repairs and went through the same drill again catch them in the corners lose them on the straight. It was great fun at least I got back out and finished each race.

Thanks RD for another great day of racing! It's going to get harder to stay inside to Race on Sunday afternoon to race as the summer comes around but it's gooing to be hard not to want to run in these great fields with everyone so respectful. Great bunch of racers here at RD :)

One last thing; I just got a new PC. All AMD with CCC 10.12. When I first got it I was getting BSOD all the time. Turned out to be a BIOS error. It wasn't 'auto-reading' the DIMMS correctly, I had to hard set them. Just my 2 cents.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%