rF2 F1 1992 @ Detroit - Sun May 8th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Norman Biscuits

@Simberia
Very enjoyable stuff.

Brands is some kind of weird anomaly track I just don't get, so moved back to my more regular slot in the mid to lower field! :D

Some good starts, some nice battles, some tasty armco.
Pretty much sums it up. And I didn't get in anyones way! Yeah!

See ya next week. :ghost:

Glen, sorry you left, there isnt usually any swearing at these events. Rauno, i didnt mean to be rude but turning up and asking for a setup is the sort of thing reserved for public servers.Some guys have been working on setups all week so its a bit disresepectful to just turn up for the first time and expect them to give it to you.

Q1 - Rubbish,
R1 running 9th saw Martin hit the wall and lose a wheel and in the time it takes to think "thats a shame but ive gained a place" I hit the next wall and lost a wheel.

Q2 Worse.
R2 Running 9th again with 5 minutes to go and the engine randomly expired.

Congrats to the winners, and especially to Kyle for finishing. you probably gained a lot more respect for driving sensibly and finishing than last weeks effort at Brands for trying to be fast and crashing. Good job.

Thanks for the race RD guys.

Joined in warmup with no prior practice, a lolfest was practically guaranteed.
Finished 9th in the first after a few minor incidents.
Retired in the 2nd after losing my left front twice then taking someone in a McLaren out - sorry to whoever that was.

Hopefully next week will be slightly less painful.

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
Q1 - managed a time but i think I was slowest.
R1 - crashed and broke suspension. Made it to the pits but I revved to high while on the jacks and my engine gave up.

Q2 - couldn't get a time in. Quali is always my main weakness.
R2 - didn't bother with my signature start and got off the grid cleanly. Noticed a bright red car facing the inside wall of T1 and he almost reversed into me! Lucky escape. From then on it was a tortoise's pace (crashed twice but made it to the pits both times) until the finish. Didnt bother fighting for position, I needed the confidence boost of that first finish. I finished 9th, but last and a couple of laps down.

Thanks for the kind words Steve, it means a lot.
Of all the places to get that first finish, it had to be Detroit, where everyone crashed out. Not Red Bull Ring, Brands or the PCC race at Nords, but Detroit.
See you in Donington!

Missed F1 nights :(. Was alot of fun tonight even though had bad results. Went 1 lap too long on tyres in R1 and CTD in R2. Appologies if anyone was affected by it in R2 couldn't close the game quickly.

Hi guys,

R1 I started from the pit lane, massive time wasted waiting for the green light lol, got upto 10th or so before having contact with Dan, it was a racing incident so iam not complaining ;)

R2 @Ferry, I am not sandbagging I just dont like starting near the front, I did do qualifying, I just used my race setup like in the other races ;) I must admit, I have much more fun starting from the back. ok for the other races I have used a Q sort of setup with the Q tyres, I struggle big time when switching back to softs, hence why I tend to drive 90% of the time on soft tyres, I only use the Q tyres to really learn the track. Anyway, R2 went smooth no issues, I would like to thank the drivers who were being lapped, you all did a great job under the blue flag rule, so thanks for that :)
See you all on track soon.

And a big thanks to RD for making this happen:)

Chris

Some good stuff, even though i didn't finnish them both.

A very hard track to stick onto, but i thought i would have bigger problems with 22 on the track.
Wich wasn't true. It was alot of fun the moments i could fight or race. Luckily, noo one got hit by my 2 escapades. Wich where a bit weird, but both my own fault. Since i started racing here i allways took the Lotus of Hakkinen, and just now i changed to Senna's Mclaren for the fun of it. But i didn't test it on full grid, wich i should've done, because it sounds quieter compared to the lotus, and whenever i was close to others, i could'nt distinguish my car's sound over the rest, lol.
In the second race i could'nt here the spinning through and just flew into a tankslapping sping into wall.

Remind me to take the Lotus, allways. :)
Can't wait for Donington GP!

I'd like to apologize to Mr. Mura for the incident at T1 in R2. I'd also like to apologize to RD as a whole. For me the spoken word in my life has always been a powerful thing; I raced in the Porsche divisions race Friday at Nordschliefe. I didn't enjoy my experience at all and I let a few of my friends know why. I won't go into the details; But in the end I did exactly what I complained to others about. That being said to be at fault for the incident in T1 R2 is very humbling. I was far too aggressive going into the corner; I spotted an opening and didn't factor all the data quick enough before I reacted. My humblest apologies to anyone who was affected by the incident.

R1 Qualifying I wasn't able to get to the pace I had attained in practice previously but got close. I started 15th. Had a nice clean start; Didn't 'pass' anyone but soon found myself picking up positions. I think it was the first time I had run more than 5 laps w/o touching any of the walls. It continued and I finished on the lead lap w/o any damage to my car and in 7th position. Very happy with that maybe too happy.

R2 As always qualifying for race 2 continues to mystify me; My pace is always so much slower. But after the R1 result I was feeling confident and as I previously eluded to, probably a little too confident. I started on the inside row back in 19th. Don't know why but my car was off the starts really quick this week. I snuck inside past some congestion and was really flying. Mr. Mura was on the outside coming into T1. I may have been able to make the turn if he wasn't there but he was and it defintely wasn't his fault being there. He was making the proper line into the corner. There was nothing I could have done at that point; It happened too quickly; Our wheels locked, my outside going over his inside and sending me ala Mark Webber into the air and landing upside down. I'm not sure if he was able to continue I certainly couldn't.

I'm usually not that agressive going into T1 or try not to be. I usually try to lay back and let the event's 'unfold' in front of me. I took a gamble and it didn't pay off. Again I sincerly apologize to all affected and RD as a whole and in particular Mr. Mura.

Glen, sorry you left, there isnt usually any swearing at these events. Rauno, i didnt mean to be rude but turning up and asking for a setup is the sort of thing reserved for public servers.Some guys have been working on setups all week so its a bit disresepectful to just turn up for the first time and expect them to give it to you.

Q1 - Rubbish,
R1 running 9th saw Martin hit the wall and lose a wheel and in the time it takes to think "thats a shame but ive gained a place" I hit the next wall and lost a wheel.

Q2 Worse.
R2 Running 9th again with 5 minutes to go and the engine randomly expired.

Congrats to the winners, and especially to Kyle for finishing. you probably gained a lot more respect for driving sensibly and finishing than last weeks effort at Brands for trying to be fast and crashing. Good job.

Thanks for the race RD guys.

Lol

Retired in the 2nd after losing my left front twice then taking someone in a McLaren out - sorry to whoever that was.
Well,it was me James. You crashed and lost your front left wheel at turn 3,and decided to keep driving? Why? You're the only car i've seen attempting to drive a damaged car on that track. Everyone else hit 'ESC' as soon as they crashed. Poor.

In practise during the week the was getting better and better. Every change i made to it allowed me to push even more,it felt great! Quali runs i could do 1:30s.
I woke up on Sunday morning with a heavy cold! Doped myself up and hoped i'd get through the races! lol
Q1- P7 I only managed a 1:31 something.
R1- Got off the line to slow and lost a place,passed Mr Dahlgren for P7 then P6 when Ferry crashed out.
On lap 3 lol i sneazed at turn 3 and missed my braking point and went straight on into run off area lol down to P9! lol
On lap 4 i caught and managed to pass Steve at turn 2,picked up P7 when Martin crashed then P6 when Lee crashed.
From lap 7 on,i tried to catch Mr Dahlgren for P5,i got close but not close enough. Finished in P6.

Q2- P10 on a 1:31.358 Poor time!
R2- I got away well and passed Ferry for P9. At turn 7 i lost the rear a little and i lost 3 places,down to P12! Mr Smoulders and Mr Coldrick crash out,now P10,behind Mr Dahlgren lol
Lap 2......Mr Bozko pits and there is debris all over the track at the chicane,i'm upto P8!
I got a run on Mr Dahlgren out of turn 1,and oh boy did he squeeze me up against the outside barrier! Kept my foot in and made it stick into turn 3,i'm now P7. Lee crashed out,now P6.
On lap 4,James was on track with 3 wheels and in the kink of turn 5, i clipped him as he turned left a little,removing my front right wheel and ending my race. Disapointed!
Hats off to those who got blue flags last night,it all worked out well,some good driving out there! And congrats to Kyle,you drove a sensible race last night.
Thanks to Lee,Adam and Rd ;-)

Loved racing around these streets :tongue:

Quali 1: Set a PB and was 2nd on the grid.

Race 1: Made a good start and got alongside Kris when he ran wide a turn 1. At turn 2 he had the inside but braked too late and crashed into the outside wall. I slowed up enough to cut back inside and take the lead. Led the race until the end of lap 5 when I pitted. I knew I didn't have a big enough lead so switched to softs as not to wreck my race even more. Came out in third just behind Lee. He span off a lap later and I chased Mohan down but a couple of spins cost me a chance to challenge for the win. Finished 2nd.

Quali 2: Went even faster but only good enough for 3rd this time.

Race 2: Started on the softs and got into turn 3 still in 3rd. Held onto the back of Kris after dropping Mohan but came across a spinner at the exit of turn 1 which cost me a couple of seconds. Got back on the pace though and was lapping similar to the leaders. Had another slow lap and then coming up to the final chicane on lap 8, I got distracted by the backmarkers infront and lost the rear end. Lost the left rear wheel and the rear wing and that was that.

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

hahah... i just wanted to finish the race (without crash myself).I saw the Adam getting close to me, but i knew,there are always a change to everybody to crash ,even myself, so i decided to not run more fast than i was and Adam get close and close.I thought,maybe he spin or crash himself.I just not got what happen on the first crash on the race with Kris. Was a good race without any bugs on my control.( i dont know what is happing with my control , sometimes i press the upgear button 3 times and dont change the gear ,and other time i want to downgear from 6* to 3* gear and my control put 2* gear .This is happing to me 2 races ago.
So for me if i dont crash ,i am happy.see next race guys good luck to youall,but a lot more to me ahahahah.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 9.9%
  • €3001-5000