rF2 F1 1992 @ Barcelona - Sun February 27th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Qualified ok in both races. Went backwards in race on, although my info was saying 2.5 seconds ahead of Gary when I finished i was apparently behind him.

Lost a wheel after hitting the wall at the start of R2. Non repairable.

Couldn't see any lights at the start of either race so had to rely on going when the guy in front moved. Did anyone else have this problem?

Steve,lights were the same for me.....

Q1 i was P6 with a 1:19 odds
R1- i didn't get away too well but managed to exit turn 3 P6. Martin and i were very closely matched but i had a slight better run down the main straight. We passed each other a few times untill we caught Mr Stoner and i passed Martin. Good racin Mart :doublethumb::cool:

Q2- i qualied P4 :cool: again in the 1:19s
R2- i got off the line better and held P4 outta turn 3. The opening laps were close with 2 Ferrari's and myself changing positions a few times untill i managed to get into P2 :) P3 and P4(Mondenca and Jouppi) were having a scrap and that allowed me to pull out a 4 second gap by lap 8. Kept my head down and kept it calm untill the flag. Ferry finished some 30 secs ahead of me :confused:
Congrats Ferry on the double :wink: 2 poles and 2 wins :bang:

Too many bad drivers here. Waste of a Sunday afternoon. Time to look for another series.

Thats a strange comment to make Mark. You drove into me at the start of R1, overtook me, then spun untouched by anyone, then rammed me at the tight left hander, then rammed Mr Mendonca the next time round. R2 you drove into a Ligier on the grid and spun off trying to overtake someone and retired to the garage. Cant really see how you can point the finger at anyone.

Steve, I drove into you because you sat there at the start. Lights go out and you never moved. Race 2 lights go out car in front of me doesn't move. Maybe you two could practice starts together. You say I rammed you? I doubt it. I race clean. Sorry saying there is too many bad drivers. What I mean is there are drivers showing up not knowing the track, drivers with no setup, drivers that gotta ask how much fuel to put in, what wing to run, Drivers chatting through Qualifying. etc. I thought it was more serious here. Thats all.

Chill out guys it's only a bit of fun! Mark, look out for the WTM club events they tend to have a lot of league drivers in and you might enjoy yourself a bit better there. The PCC on fridays are also pretty good. I haven't tried the 92 club events but the meganes is always full of guys just starting out on RD and they may not necessarily know all the rules first hand, but remember, everyone has to start somewhere. :)

I think you're making assumptions Mark. As Steve mentioned in earlier post,the lights were poor tonight,i was P6 in race 1 and struggled to see the lights properly. And not much better from P4 in race 2.
Anyone who race sim games,must know Barcalona! I'd be surprised if anyone showing up tonight,DIDN'T know the track.
I don't see a problem with sharing information either. What wings others are running,fuel levels or even complete set ups? I certainley don't mind sharing info. I can't speak for everyone though. I realise not everyone WANTS to give away any set up info,and that's okay with me.
I was ''chatting'' during quali. 3 comments i think? I apologised for it when Adam brought it to my attention.
I like to take my racing seriously,to a point!
It is fun too and i always remember that. I don't have to win every race i enter! I just do the best with what ever the race throws at me.
Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. Just like real life really :D

Lights didn't work for me either, I just waited for the grid to clear. And given the times everyone else turned, I guess I'm the only one who could be accused of not knowing the track, but I do - it's one of my favorites. I'm just slow!

Hope no one had problems getting around me, I'm getting pretty good at watching my mirrors. I don't dive for the grass, 'cause you'd never guess which way I'd go. But I do ease as soon as possible.

Thanks for a fun race!

Thanks to all fore the races. I was surpriced about the speed difference. I got 2 poles and 2 wins.

First race i did try a race on quali tires. I did test it one time in practice mode so i knew i should stop 2 times. But with 3 seconds a lap faster then with softs it was possible. And on this way i knew i was free to race with out troubles from behind. So both stops i did on a good way and was back on track in first spot with 7 secs in front of Adam after the first stop and 10 after the second stop. So i won that race with 30 secs in front because i had perfect tires.

Second race i thought lets try softs. I thought it would be faster overall because it wasnt needed to do a pitstop. but in the end it was 5 sec slower over the whole race. I was realy surpriced about that and will advice to other drivers next time to try quali tires in race and do 1 or 2 stops. It all depends on speed limit in pits but when your free to go as it was in Barca you can be quicker over the whole race with quali tires.

@Mark, when you moan about other drivers to not be good enough etc.. i invite you to beat me next time ;) and have a battle with me in front of the group so called bad drivers (wich i dont agree with you).

Being good doesn't necessarily mean being faster then the gentleman in front of you. Be smart, take your time and keep your fingers crossed that you'll not be kicked from behind by a fast mover. :)

I've never thought about using quali tyres for a rac Ferry. I never thought they'd last more than 3 or 4 laps? Therefor i didn't see the point as i'd have to pit? Pit lane speeds are really high on these tracks,and Barca? 186mph? Jeez! lol whoosh!!
Something to think about though ;-)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 135 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing