rF2 F1 1992 @ Adeleide - Sun February 13th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
2nd Scuderia Ferrari car is still free? Uhmm... I'd like to take it if it's not a problem. *grinning, ducking, and running* :)

I'd like to join, any car is fine, please let me know. This would be my first online race, but I am familiar with the cars and track. Would prefer to start at the back of the grid, and I'll do my best not to be a rolling roadblock!

My ankle is back in norm, so I'll be showing up tonite.
Averaging 1:20.-, but sometimes this track bites you too hard if you make a tiny mistake. I can do 5-8 laps in a row with the same tempo, but then all of a sudden I step on a kerb or get too excited on the accelerator out of a corner and BANG ! Here comes the wall.
I should be up for 1:18.- at quals ... Hopefully that won't stuck me back at the grid. Even practiced my start a lot, seems decent now.
Looking forward !

At 1:29, I think I'm outclassed...

Any noobie races here?

I am Gary. I started with times around 1.29 but can get down to 1.16 ish now.

My advice if its worth anything, put loads of wing on, as much as 15/20 and just aim to get round the track and complete the race. Therw will be a few of us off the pace but I expect speed comes with experience.

Also, try and join the Monday Megane races, it gives you a good idea of what is expected in a race meeting, in a friendly environment.

You do know that you need to practice your concistancy more then your lap times.
But I should put some laps today to make sure I still got the feeling around this track.

Yeah dont worry Georgios I know mate, but if the setup is ok the two should go hand in hand and also like RD says, club racing is not about how fast you are it's about taking part and having fun, so any guys who are not as fast as the fast guys (and I'm not one of them) dont be put off.

I am Gary. I started with times around 1.29 but can get down to 1.16 ish now.

My advice if its worth anything, put loads of wing on, as much as 15/20 and just aim to get round the track and complete the race. Therw will be a few of us off the pace but I expect speed comes with experience.

Also, try and join the Monday Megane races, it gives you a good idea of what is expected in a race meeting, in a friendly environment.
Same here guys. I've started up tweaking my setup in similar fashion - ended up with wings 15/20 at the start and it was lovely. Now I'm at 18/18 and car feels almost perfect.
BTW, more steering angle is required for that track. If you got G25 or something similar (900 degrees), you might wanna try 25 degrees steering. I got only 180 degrees wheel (FF EX), so I'm stuck at 22 degrees rack.
Since this is a street track, I also softened the front anti-roll bar, which sounded counter-intuitive to me at start, but now the car handles a lot smoother thru slow turns.

But in general - the best advise is just to practice your bum off. Last night I was at the range of 1:18.- qual times, today I just did 1:15.5- and I haven't touched my setup since yesterday. So yeah - PRACTICE ;)

Question: I pulled into the pits to get the approach layout but the car goes on the ramps and the engine shuts down. Cant seem to restart it. After the pitstop finishes you can select 1st gear and roll down the pitlane at 4mph with no engine.
Is this a fault or am i missing something obvious?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back