rF2 F1 1992 @ A1 Ring - Sun April 24th 2011 [EU]

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sorry if i crashed someone ,my control put the neutral gear ,and then 1 gear at 300km/h more or less. I got almost same problem on the First race ,but i just spun .You dont think how ungry i got.Cya you on next race.

grid.jpg
[/URL]

20 man grid for this weeks F1 at the A1 Ring. I didnt get the result of race 1 but race 2 top 10 was:
1) Phillips
2) Eggbeer
3) Koek
4) O'Malley
5) Birney
6) MCinnes
7) Bulgin
8) Davakos
9) Beck
10)Mendonca

Mid grid positions but decent starts got me 9th in R1 and 4th in R2.

cp.jpg

Mendonca pulls a wheelie as Phillips in the Dallara laps him to take the win in R2.

Nice to see some more new drivers this week, lets hope we get a few more for Brands Hatch next Sunday.
Dont forget to check out Scotts server and his hotlaps page which will give you an idea of how much slower than Chris and Ferry you are.

Thanks for organising RD guys.

Q1- P5 on a 1:09.280. 0.300 short of my PB but gratefull to a clean lap in. It was busy in quali tonight!
R1- Got away fine but i clipped Adams right rear with my left front as he wobbled a little. Damaged.
A close fight up to the left of turn 7 when i clipped Mr Hellers rear right with my left front and we spin off into the gravel. Mr Heller lost only a few places,where as i dropped to P18. Sorry Mr Heller ;-) You too Adam,i shouldn't have left my wheel in there!
Had a half spin too at the last right hander and was running at the back. Caught up with Scott and Martin and had a good battle with them both on laps 3 to 5,then Martin and i tangled at turn 1 and we both drop places down to P15 and 16.
Fought back to P12,caught Scott lap 7 and passed for P10. I had an off on lap 9,down to P13!
Lap 11 Martin and i are at it again lol passing and re-passing on laps 12,13,14 and we touch and spin again at turn 1 as Martin makes a pass.
Finished P12.
Good racin' guys ;-)

Q2- P5 on a 1:09.648. I was punted off as the ''eager'' Kyle Puttifer came back on track as i was on a hot lap,not once? But twice!! Poor!
0.700 of my PB,i didn't really get a clean lap in so P5 was good considering.
R2- I had a good start and was up to P2 by turn 1. Lap 2 Adam gets passed me after we battle for a lap or 2. Now P3.
I kept with Adam and start of lap 3 he gets a poor exit out of turn 1 and i pass him on the run down to turn 3,i locked up the rears going into turn 3,looks great in a 'slow-mo' lol i kept the position but lost it on the run down to turn 4. Then we touched at turn 5(my left front again)and i find the kitty litter again and drop to P8!
My car felt very unbalanced in race set up. Felt good some laps,but not in others. Strange. Couldn't get a good balance.
Made a nice pass on Mr Davakos into turn 3 for P7. I think we touched and i drop to P5. I then made a mistake on lap 8 and drop to P9.
As other fell off, i slowly catch up with Mr Birney,eventually getting close on lap 15 to make a move,but i made a mistake in turn 1 and the gap was just to big for the chance to pass him for P5 with 2 laps remaining. Finished P6.
Good racin' with ya'll tonight,thanks Lee,Adam and RD

A good bit of racing tonight. :)

Quali 1: A little way off my PB and only managed P3.

Race 1: Made an OK start but a car moved in front and then had to brake to avoid the car in front of him. I hit the brakes which caused my car to slide a little and Chas unfortunately caught my rear wheel. Received a bit of suspension damage from that and was lying in 6th after turn 1. Got past a few guys, and a few got past me as I went off at the last turn. I had a great battle with Chris towards the end of the race where we kept switching places, before I pulled away and took 5th.

Quali 2: Similar to Q1 and P3 again.

Race 2: Good start this time and was P4 out of turn 1. Got past Chas but got squeezed out when going for P2 so dropped in behind Chas again. Down at turn 3 I got back up to 3rd and had a good battle with Chas. Unfortunately we had another coming together and Chas spun off. I pushed hard to get a gap back to 3rd and when Ferry took 3rd, he was slowly catching me. I was doing very good laps (1.5 seconds faster than in race 1) but felt I could get into the 1:10's but just couldn't manage it. I managed to just keep Ferry at bay until the end to take 2nd. :)

Thanks to Lee, RD, and all those who raced :)

quli 1 loaded wrong setup and qulied mid pack, but made my way back to 6th in race 1.

quli 2 was better 4th i think,but then in race 2 got hit up the rear and spun, and off he went,had damage and engine blew
end of race.

thanks rd and adam

Q1 - kept spinning and crashing but got a PB of 1:13, which put me in 19th ahead of Chris, Norm, and Scott Beck.
R1 - made a lightning start and made up a few places but it was too tight at the first corner and I just got away. Predictably, I span. Then I realised I was on qualifiers so I pitted for hards, then span on the next lap at turn 1 and lost a wheel or 2.
Q2 - Kept spinning again, wrong setup and only managed 18th with a 1:15.
R2 - Lightning start again, got out of first corner cleanly but I think I spun Palmer. Saw Mohan with wheels missing after starting P1, and other incidents which involved spinning. Then I did it again at Turn 1, ending my race.

Red Bull ring is a circuit I enjoy, but I enjoy Brands Hatch even more, so looking forward next Sunday!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back